Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****8/29/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is going to be a nice day today....going to end the month with lots of sunshine I think.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I slept ok but still woke up tired....maybe not as tired as I have been, but still not like I would like to be. It is always something. So much going on....a lot to think about....even though for the most part I can NOT do anything to change it. It is definitely not a good spot to be.

I am sure the school children are already ready for a break....or they will be by tomorrow for sure. I remember when I was in school and always looked forward to Fridays and holidays too. And there is a holiday right off.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find the *right combination of tools* which will make a difference in how you feel. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about how to deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It is a mean and ugly illness but there are ways to keep it at bay as well. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is such a good thing for me. Not pushing myself to get things done. (If I cross the line, well I will surely pay for doing so-every time). Drinking a lot of water is also good and watching what I eat is also important. Taking my vitamins and keeping myself on a schedule also helps.

Getting enough sleep is also important and trying to keep my stress level low is also a good thing....This is sometimes very hard, sometimes being almost impossible to *control*.

Vitamin D....important for a lot of people these days. Be sure and ask your doctor about getting this checked - at least once a year.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dollbug responded:
I have no idea what the problem is.

MiMi

fibroinsd responded:
Thought I would give this a try...It wasn't easy to get it to click...but finally did..weird..

so tired...and sad...I have given up on the program at the college..just couldn't do it all...so sad...I wasn't happy to quit..and not happy to keep trying..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece....I am glad you tried to post....I have no idea just what the problem is today with the board. I am not sure that there is anyone who actually views any messages that are sent any more.

So sorry that your program did not work out at college. I do not know how some of these people have the energy to do what they do with the wrath of the dragon in tow. I know that there are days when I have issues just trying to get up and about....without actually doing much of anything. And then there are days which are so much better. I don't understand it at all....wish I did.

It is sad that you could not do say 1 course at a time and just take longer to get your degree. Perhaps things will change and you can do something later.

Take care and remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

MiMi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It has been a strange day for me. I was in one of my slumps and it wore me down. I went to work very tired and had a hard time coming to terms with my choices, and where they have put me. I often wish I had stayed in my old job. That I had avoided this ridiculous game I ended up in. I knew I better try to get tomorrow off, as I had my hours in by 1 today. I got it. I hope the four day weekend clears my head.

I focus too much on what I cannot change, I need to remind myself to make the best of what I have. Sometimes I lose sight of what's truly important.

Cece, Don't be too hard on yourself. I see how much you deal with. We have to draw the line at some point or we end up a mess. I hope this works out to be better for you for now and that you can get back to it later.

Mimi, I hope you wake rested tomorrow, I am seeking the same.

Trying to think happy thoughts tonight. Hopefully it will bring a brighter day tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily,

Coming in on the Thursday post on Friday morning...

Cece, It is sad to think another thing has been adjusted because of this mess we are in, but life is adjustmants all the time. I KNOW I couldn't do it. Good you tried and I know you are high functioning like me...but it is alot to ask of the body.
And our minds.....This new thing I am doing is a challenge eachday and I have support in it, but cripes...my body gives out. I know you did your best to this line...I know you (we are here a long time) You will make successes in other things.

Cut yourself a break...regroup and find small challenges to work with. You really carry alot with Mom and Dad too.
Sorry for the detour in your road....but try and enjoy the new view....

Cory, I am sorry this job is not working out right and games are played..but if you were back in the old job they may have started these games too....business is very challenging now with funds and taxes and I too have to watch the hours of the staff and have them go home if the patient cases are few. Like a hovering vulture I feel at times...but the bottom line is a factor too. Our world is getting so tilted to the haves and have nots....the CEO's with major money and bonuses and bankers and financial staff just being paid crazy.....and the real meat and potatoe people the workers in the trades of BUILDING the country are put under a microscope. (My son went into the carpentry union at my push.....they have to collect stamps from jobs done to put in a book in order to turn them in to get healthcare!) OMG I couldn't believe it....

Sad situation....

OK for me, I am still in trouble from last weeks 3 triggers in a day....it tipped me over and I have not returned. Yesterday I had the old old pain in the deltoid muscle (like a tetnus shot)
SO I know I blew it. I am off today and then on Tuesday in hopes of turning me aroumd....well with a BarBQ in the middle and it is stressing me for the weather we are looking at...
RAIN RAIN RAIN says the computer .

OK that is it, the baby will be here soon and I have to pace myself to holding that new one. That was scary time..as the babies grew for me to hold them...thank God for Boppy Pillows.
I also found that the joy and miracle of the baby came to me as a good distraction and pain was less there...not to say I didn't feel it when I left! But it was always worth it.

The pain I am in now was NOT worth it, it was stupid and poor planning...as I felt so much better after second round of shots so i went crazy doing things....CRAP. Paying the piper for sure Mimi......O U C H. Sleep was good last night so I am hopeful for a turn around.

Wish me luck guys.............Good day to all, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece, please don't be sad... don't beat yourself up over letting the class(es) at USD or CSSD go. Too much is too much. You can't expect to handle more than God gives you.

It would have been nice to be able to get in a class or two at the university.. but it just wasn't meant for you to do right now. When the time is right for you that door will open.. until then DF do all the things you are able to do now and know that the road you are on now will take you to university when the time to succeed is right for you.

<<<< HUGS >>>> DF .. Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Thanks again..all for all the good words...yea...you and me Cory..especially right now, eh? The sermon last week at church was not trying to take two choices and thinking that is all you have...The idea that "do I do this job or that?" when both choices are bad...to listen for the whisper of the spirit telling you to take a third choice...(Well, you can see I wouldn't make a good minister trying to tell the sermon....probably didn't say it quite right..guess that won't be my third choice !)...so anyway...now I am looking for that third choice..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.