Skip to content
Dr Starlanyl's NEW book....
booch007 posted:
Good morning Fmily,

I got the new book yesteday in the midst of working and pushing for this BarBQ and yes I took a break and stopped at 3pm like my body wanted and sat to read.I have read 30 pages so far and it is great to have all the information again in one place.

Healing through triggerpoint Therapy , a guide to FM, MFP and dysfunction is just what I needed.

It separates the FM and CMP patient well and is clearer on the physiology of what has happened to me. Though we are cousins in pain, I don't have all the FM symptoms and alot has gone away with my choice of t herapy.

Trigger points can be worked on in different ways and again I see hydration to the fascia is paramount.

Seeing that 2008 was BIG YEAR for us, with the National Institude of Health and the MAYO clinic making permanent headway in the proof of dysfunction and why we have all these crazy symptoms.

I will keep you all up to date on the reading I am doing. ANYTHING she writes is something I want to read. I am not sure where she practices but I would go see her even if it was for a one time visit.

Feel like a groupy!! She has joined with a John Sharkey for this publication and so far...so glad I bought it and found out it was coming to print. A good move on Amazon's part to show related new items in their stock. Says 29.95 on the jacket.....worth it to me.

Again speaking of symptom what causes it and what are the options for fix.....more detailed then the past book and a deep anatomy lesson. Deeper than the past.

Morton's foot is in here too. Discussing tricks to stabilize and trouble shott it.

Good stuff....

Back of the book is a section, Where do we go from here? I'll let you know what I find out. It speaks of patient education being so very important....and each patient being different and needed specific treatment. That PT is the worst for us as we probably have a TrP in the area causing the dysfunction and you cannot exercise a muscle with a trigger point. I remeber yelling this to the PT round I did last. When I left nauseas and dizzy.....

website for her work and further knowlegde growth. www.sover.net/-devstar . The - is wiggly and I don't have a key for that (would on the iPhone though) so I hope this helps.

The website was after the topic Psycological support...I was hoping to see our website here! LOL.

so, so happy I have my book and will put all in reading it over this holiday weekend. OK, as always wishing youa low pain day.
Nancy B .

dollbug responded:
Hello Nana B....I had to laugh when I read *it speaks of patient education being so very important....and each patient being different and needing specific treatment*.

I think all of us FMers here know that is so very true...actually though I think we, for the most part, have more knowledge about the wrath of the dragon, than most doctors...I think that perhaps doctors can actually learn from the patients, a lot of the time. I laugh when I think about my doctor...and with all of the *issues I have experienced I am still seeing him, only when I absolutely have to though.

He still does NOT believe me when I tell him that I have figured out how to *control my FM pain with vitamins and supplements*...I can't wait to see his face when I tell him that my daughter figured out how to ease my lower back pain...(P5P, yep...it worked for me)...whatever helps is what I want. After going to several different doctors about the lower back pain and NOT ONE of them could help me...I just continued to suffer and deal with it...as the doctors (who are suppose to know these things) could NOT help me.

I often think that some doctors still do not GET that we, (especially women) know our bodies and we know how we feel...we know what hurts and works and when we do things we shouldn't. This is NOT rocket science...but we do have to keep in touch with what is going on with us.

Oh...I know that doctors are important. People can NOT do without them....especially those who are surgeons and know what is needed when we have something broken or not working. But then there is my knees...and for 30 years now...I am still dealing with bad knees...(started out with one injured knee and ended up with both knees being bad).

Well...I do hope your BBQ goes well and that you have good weather...no rain showers until you are done (please).

Have fun and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Moving *heavy stuff* is not a good thing. I hope you do not regret doing this.

Keep us posted on your new book...I would be interested in the Morton's Toe (FOOT?)...and just what might be helpful info about it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

purplediane responded:
didn't read the original post but was reading the reply because you mentioned and author and a book. apparently others here have heard of this author. i'm new go admitting/understanding/being properly diagnosed with fm. had it for years, just thought i was depressed but never actually felt good not matter what drugs or therapy. anyhow, i just picked up a book called "the fatigue and fibromayalgia solution" by dr. jacob tietelbaum. anyone heard of him or read his any of his other books. just curious.

booch007 replied to purplediane's response:
Hi Diane,

Yes I have heard of Dr Teitlebaum. He is forward thinking and has tricks to share. He is not actually in the FM/CMP business but into alot of diet and holistic therapy. It is all GOOD...eating well and hydrating and realizing your triggers and repairs can make for a full life in the future.

This new book deals with the WHY on the fatigue that so many suffer from. I see it during a flare. Just enough to get to the couch. LOL.

Good luck with your path to wellness. Nancy B

purplediane replied to booch007's response:
will definitely look for your book too then. i'm tired all the time and i exercise and take the vit d and all the things i'm supposed to do. i'd be interested in reading about the fatigue. it's one of my top pet peeves, although i have so many.....they're all at the top at one time or another
thanks for the feedback
welcome to the jungle - guns and roses

booch007 responded:
Good morning.

I am deep in the book now and it is a very complex issue this TrP problem. No wonder I can't get out of this.

I defenitely know most of mine but in reading this there is more to the story and the repair...then the Doc and I are doing.

I brought the book to the Neurologist and she defenitely wants it when i am done.

In the back of the book is a chart that patients can bring to the doctor to say THIS is where my symptom is...THIS is where I have a trigger point/ symptom. You are permitted to make copies to bring each tie to the MD. Well Dr says this is what i have to do to get the visit paid for by insurance....so this is great if the patient fills it out before they come. Well the back of the book is for the practitioner, and good for that! She will benefit too from this book.

I just have to say I got all "discombobulated" (sp?) again with all the names and muscle insertions and jobs they do.....
Crap..I can say anything about a heart and vascular diseases...but I (who need THIS knowledge for me) cannot get this in my head....
Where was the rhomboid? What did that levetor who do?

Crap....I always say this here and this here and tell her...why can't I get this? She'll remind me that's the "bla bla muscle" and I have a block.

OK...good book for me and will present it to the doc in 2 weeks when I go for injections again. IS it going to change me, I don't think so. I will take some pearls of wisdom from this but it is a vast and complex issue to get out of.

WELL- NESS will be hard to attain. But dis-ease can be better.

I am glad I bought the book. One thing I read was TWITCH AND RELEASE is NOT a good thing! It was always a yahoo with us when the muscle reponded that way. She states in the book that this is not good as a chemical reaction and acidosis to the tissues occurs after that and it is not good.......I always flush with water and try to rest afterward too. There is statement of stretching the fibers right after injection...no one has ever done that. Hmmm

Well, that is my take on it right now.......Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.