Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Labor Day ****Monday, Monday, 9/2/2013.....
dollbug posted:
Happy Labor Day...I hope each of you have had a good holiday week-end...with little to no pain. MiMi in NC...where it is damp again...yesterday brought rain and thunder showers for most of the day...off and on, with it being heavy at times. I think we are suppose to get more today. It is warm and muggy right now.
Lots of traffic on the road today as people have traveled this holiday.

It has been quiet here...which is ok with me. We had a nice cook out...(thank goodness it was dry during lunch)...DH cooked on the new grill and it was really good. Everyone was here except our GD...I miss her when it is not her week-end with us. My son is working on getting more time with her. I guess we will soon know IF this will be. I think children should have *shared parenting* so that they have equal time with their parents. Children need quality time with both parents, if at all possible. There are so many single parents these days...and we wonder why children are the way they are. A lot to be said about this subject.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will make your life easier. Learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better. Things do get better but it does take time and effort to find the *right combination of tools* that will make a difference.

Vitamin D...so important. I continue to mention just how important Vitamin D is. Speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best part is that it is a *cheap fix*...but it does take time to make a difference.

I hope today will be a good day for us all. Enjoy it and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will thank you.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimia nd Fmily,

Well, how lucky am I *** The rain held out until we had coffee and then it POURED for 15minutes and then the sun came out and a bit cooler! WILD. 4:30 this morning thunder and lightening so loud I had to get up....and poured buckets. SO glad the party was yesterday .

My getting through went well. With increased meds (as I take low doses there is so much room) and I DIDN'T GET MAD while doing the work...so many times I get mad at me( for saying I'll have it), mad at DH (that he is not home)...MAD that it is always me who has the party( for some in the family that just show up all the time)......

Well none of that bad karma came into play and maybe that is where my ace in the hole came from. NO FLARE...no issue. I am the same 90 y/o this a.m. as I always am ! Ha!

Look how I am happy to be 90 and not 110!

I have some issues here from the rain, the air jump castle is SOAKED and I am going to pull it to the driveway and reinflate it to see if it can dry fully. I will have only mold if I pack it away. IT may take til next week to get this done. Same with the 13x13 tent. It will stay up until the sun dries it well. That part I didn't think out well.....

The GC loved the new sand box, the old sand box and the little water features I had toys in. They had a really good time and I was with them most of the time....giggling.

Today, though it is called LABOR DAY...I rest*.

Ha! I am beat and want to read that new book and see what I may have missed in my care. Understanding a bt more physiology for me is priceless. I will share any pearl of wisdom that rolls my way.

OK, all have a good holiday day...rest up, move, stretch hmmm remember Romper Room on TV?
"BEND AND STRETCH REACH FIR THE STARS....stand on tipee toes oh so far"......
Romper stomper bomper boom.....who do I see through my mirror today? OH man that was a long time ago....the late 50's the early 60's...anyone have that in their memory??
I always hoped she saw me and said my name. We stood in front of the TV waiting........silly...

OK, off to the book. Good day and low pain day to all........
Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is chilly here this morning and it's a welcome change. I woke to 53 degrees out, and a comfey 72 in the house. It will be an easier day for me today after causing myself some issues yesterday. Time to recharge so I am ready for work tomorrow.

I put two road bikes up for sale that have been hanging in the basement for too long. I priced them for quick sale and just wanted someone to enjoy them. I must have been too cheap because a guy is on his way right now from 235 miles away through holiday traffic, crazy. I can use the money right now so the timing is perfect.

The long weekend has calmed me down and tomorrow is a new day .I plan to sit with my direct supervisor and find out where I am with my last raise of $1.56 and hr. This is a lot of money for me and I could use it. If I don't advocate I have no reason to complain. Time to move forward.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.