Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****9/3/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is too darn early for anyone to be up and about this morning. I did NOT sleep good at all and waking up too early is not a good thing for my mind or my body. I do not know what I was thinking when I took a doctor's appointment at 8 am. I guess I just needed to go as soon as it was possible. I am hoping that the doctor will be able to tell me what is going on with my knee and where I need to go from here. It is a bit better but I am still having issues with it. I have to wonder if it is just not worn out.

Here is hoping everyone had a good holiday week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

It was quiet here, for the most part....which was just fine with me. I tried to watch my program last night on TV but I guess I was too tired to see it and then when I got up to go to sleep well....I have issues with going back. It seems to always be something to deal with.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the *just right combination of tools* which will make a difference for us....so hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help another.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is really important to a lot of people these days.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and don't forgot to review the *member toolbox*....where you will find some good *tools* to try.

OK....I am off to get ready for my doctor's visit today.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and mind will thank you for doing this.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi, Good morning all that follow!
I am thinking I am up too early too, but can't do much about it now. Hubby left early this morning for work in NC, and will be back in a couple of weeks for another weekend. I am hoping he will have a new job by then--but no telling. He had 2 interviews Friday, didn't think they went all that well I guess.

We had a very nice weekend, weather was wonderful--we were expecting lots of rain but in stead we got sunshine.

Hubby worked on building an enclosure for my hot tub-- he has it framed in and a little shelf for things like my coffee. Also we have a makeshift cover for it. He will finish it next time he comes. But he did adjust the temp and timer so it will be just right for me.

Kids brought grandkids over a few times. We had them overnight one night as usual, and for dinner twice. Last night I sent all the leftovers home. I'm happy to do that--bought more on purpose really. My daughter works full time--and then some, her husband works full time and is a student and babysits the other shift. She babysits while he is at work--so really they only see each other on the weekend. She plans to start school too in January--if she does-- there will be a need for a babysitter, which will likely fall to me.

I refilled all my hummingbird feeders for one last time, I will probably take them down when they empty again. They are large so will stay full likely a month now as summer is winding down here. It can be hot still another month, but this summer I don't think really has been hot. I consider over 90 to be hot-usually we hit that most of the summer, this year just lots of rain.

This morning is crazy humid and foggy. Looks like the rain that didn't get us over the weekend has decided to show up.

I hope to be shipping my last 2 current etsy shop orders today. After that I am thinking I will take some online classes in photoshop to brush up my skills. Maybe some classes in Office too. I have some good software that I really do not use enough because I haven't learned enough about it.

My goal is to eventually have some things to sell that are not made of wood-- downloadable things or paper things. I need to learn the technology better and then get creative with it.

This is important I think as I would like to have some kind of income coming in even if I do not work outside our home.
I'm looking for 'easier' ways to make art or to write.

I see my knuckles swelling up all the time and wonder if I couldn't take nsaids anymore would I be able to continue working in wood as I do.

So just thinking of how to keep active.

Hope everyone has a good day and not too much pain!
Mary

booch007 responded:
Oh happy Tuesday all,

I awoke with a stiff painful body...yet yesterday was so good as the "Day after" I am thinking it was the gluten cheats I did during the day yesterday eating the leftovers sitting here.....

Ah, you can surmise all you want...who really knows. I just pray for a turn around. Back to work tomorrow.

I want to share from the book I am reading. It was amazing to see our jargon in there....using the Dragon analogy for the issues we face.........I wonder if she watches this board? Ha!

I can see my path a bit clearer now....that working nights and not sleeping well for years and being dehydrated put the fascia at risk for damage and disrepair. It is a wonder I am a mess.
There were times 8 hours in 3 days occurred.....due to family goals and needing to do...putting myself last. Hmmm if I could do it over again.....

That is why when I hydrated all the time day after day with water I could finally stretch out the legs and muscles followed...they were trapped in the fascia. It is a weblike mesh surrounding the muscles everywhere on everything...it gets gelatin like instead of fluid and soft....and when in gel state it sticks and gets knots...these are my trigger points. There seems to be a point of chronic here but I am early in the book.

I know my 18 on the back and then the neck are always there...I relieve them a bit but they are always palpable and able to be found.

Her diet choice is like mine, but no high corn syrup sugars and aspartame....MSG has been out for a long time. Eating natural and healthy...I am in the actual muscle section now, it is dry reading.....but interesting to see cause and effect.

I found a cheek point I didn't know I had...and that is a problem as I thought I had a problem tooth..it IS probably the cheek, these sneaky devils...

She speaks of feeding the dragons of each trigger. Like doing the laundry wrong and perpetuating pain. This is feeding the dragon that sits on the washer waiting to bite you. She wants them put in a parking lot and leave them behind...

Learn where they sit and don't feed them. Have your posture right, you body dynamics in line and keep the little dragons away. Learning that they are there.

She describes them as small with sharp teeth.......

Ha! Mine is cute and cartoon like with TEETH too but is playful if you don't piss him off. That is what I wanted tatooed on my shoulder...a litttle lavender purple cartoon dragon..as he is with me always....a reminder to be GOOD. (Left shoulder where the devil sits!) Don't you find it funny that the term a toolbox and dragon are in this book?

Is this the lingo all use?

It seems that 2008 was a BIG YEAR FOR US..I guess I missed it. The NIH and Mayo clinic were able to capture and document the trigger points. Not that I felt I needed to be documented. I know this is real. I still want to learn how my path got me here and it is getting clearer and I am trying so hard to get back down the path the other way to be better.

We'll see.

More reading today.....I'll keep you posted on the findings I see. Nice to read the new data and a book hot off the press.
Oh one thing she changed is no X's on the muscles to where she says the trigger is....they have found it is only on exam for the MD to find, insertion, belly,or endplate can harbor them. I guess my Doc is ahead of her time. She never went for the belly of the muscle in most cases. It bothered me, but now I am whatever* with it. What ever works I mean...LOL

OK, long winded........rested yesterday no LABOR on Labor day !! Good to have DH around too, I got 3 things off the to do list. Have a good day, a low pain day. Keep doing the right things for you and be ready for a change. Some dramatic, some small...some so quiet you have to be still to notice it even happened.......

Nancy B

franr responded:
Good Morning Ladies
I was also up early. DH gets up real early so I had coffee with him.I am seeing two MD's today primary and colon rectal surgeon for joy. Around round with diverticulitis. I swear we fibromites get more things the normal person.I continue to feel good but at nite the aches and pains sets in like everyone else experiences. Last week I recently met a young lady who also has fibro and I talked to her about what was available to fibro patients and what helps. I feel this illness helps me encourage others to seek help and I feel, I can encourage others.Well that is my sound off for today.l Please enjoy the day and stay well.
Fran

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It was actually old here this morning, the first signs of fall are here. It was in the 40's by the big lake and upper 30's inland. I had to use the heater in the truck on the way to work.

I was falling asleep at 9 last night and went to bed early. I did not sleep that well, and felt extremely fatigued today. My legs were rubber and my back is cranky. I noticed a huge difference in my inflammation now that I am off the steroids. I'm back to the old me.

I managed to keep positive at work and continue to try and see the good and not focus on the bad. As you have seen, I struggle with it some days. I spoke to my boss to basically check in, see where I am and where I am going. He always seems to respond without giving a real answer. Sneaky he is.

My boys had their first day of school and it went off without a hitch. Both came home smiling and talked about the day. It was a good start to the new year.

My niece had her baby this am. She was in labor for over 24 hrs and had a 9lb 8oz girl. We can't wait to meet her.

Nancy, it sounds like a great book. Something we can relate to for sure.

I hope you all have a great evening. Take care.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.