Skip to content
still can't post on messages... message to tuesday post
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
good morning all... lack of capitals today... lol... i fell again and am one handed... my left arm is hurt and i fear this time it might be bad... i can move my fingers and wrist the tiniest bit but it is screaming above it... so i am icing it until i can get my granddaughter on her bus and then i go to the er... i know i should have gone yesterday when it happened... but my poor son was working a double... 9 am to midnight... and due to all the crisis and then my pneumonia i haven't seen my grand babies that i live with for almost 3 weeks... we had planned to have them dropped off at 7 for nany time...

unfortunately they arrived after 8 and so we had to sneak in a couple of cartoons before bed... i wasn't happy and neither were they but we made it work... it was difficult not screaming when my granddaughter ran in to hug me squeezing my arm... but i lived... and it was good to hear my grandson proclaim how he missed me... he is 6 and suddenly too old for hugs... lol...

we had a short evening and i almost fell trying to get up from the couch... lol... darn thing just swallows me up... but they fell asleep great and i was glad we at least had some time together... i asked their other grandparents to bring them home so i could have some time... was disappointed when they got them here at bedtime... oh well... just another clash between us... been having quite a few lately...

i am finally feeling better... just pain... and now my arm... it feels good to breathe again... hopefully means my pneumonia is gone... i had to go off the antibiotic tho... my Dr wanted me in the hospital it made me so ill... but i begged off... i don't think my son can take another crisis... the day after he stopped the meds i was back to normal... i feel a lot stronger... almost back to my old self give or take my fm...
even that isn't too rough right now...

my son is doing fairly good... guess as good as he can on a psych ward... they keep him real busy... he called yesterday pretty moody but that's the first time i have seen it getting to him... think it is mostly missing my granddaughter's birthday this week that is getting to him... he so wanted to be home for it...

well... my right hand is complaining lol... and i have some things on the computer i need to do... so think i shall close...

you all take care and have a great day...

love... jan/dakota

bette_kaffitz responded:
Jan,

How wonderful it is that you were able to see those precious grandchildren. I envy you every minute with them. Maybe someday. . . .

Please let us know what the E.R. docs have to say about your hand and arm pain. (And whether your lungs are clear.) It sounds terribly painful and like something to get checked out.

I've been assuming that my hand and finger pain is "just arthritis", but as the pain, tingling, and numbness seem to be spreading up both arms, I'm thinking that the stenosis in my cervical spine may be worsening. Try not to laugh, but I have nightmares of waking up in the morning and not being able to turn the knob on the bedroom door then being trapped until someone else lets me out. A few mornings I've had to switch hands to perform this task. So the nightmare is not all that outlandish.

Here in W NY state, we've finally lost some of the muggies with even dryer in store for Wed and Thurs. That should help us get through the next week or so. We have 3 funerals to attend for friends and neighbors. These were all elderly people with good lives behind them. But the effect of losing 3 of those who helped make up our lives in so short a time is cumulative.

Just about the only day without a viewing or funeral is Thurs., the day I drive the 200 mile round trip to Buffalo for the surgeon to check out my back and remove any stitches that are still intact. The N.P. at the pain clinic on Wed. said that the ones where the stimulator's power pack was fell out on their own (12 days after surgery!) and everything was completely healed. Good news. For a change.

Jan, take care, yourself. And please let us know how you are
doing. We care.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.