Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do you know what day it is today? Do you? Hump Day ***9/4/2013 ***
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day****yes, I truly love the *Hump Day* insurance commercial, with the camel talking....going around asking everyone in the office if they know what day it is. Funny.
I also like the *pig* commercial being stopped by a highway patrol and the pig thinks he was stopped because he is a pig and is driving his little sports vehicle convertible....when the officer tells him that he has a tail light out. I guess it is because these animals are talking, which makes it so funny.

Yesterday was a very tiring day for me. I was up and about too much. I had my early morning doctor's appointment though and I got answers. My doctor went over my MRI with me and told me that it is important I get a Orthopedic appointment. I have a very large Baker's cyst on my kneecap and my doctor tells me that it might have to be removed by surgery. There are 3 other issues with my knee as well. Bone against bone is one and the cartilage is worn out. He also said that it just might be time for me to get a replacement knee. He is going to try to find me a good doctor to go to. I guess I will see what happens with this.

I am not sure though that I can handle surgery at this time. But I can not go through 2 of them that is for sure IF it is going to take me having one to remove this cyst.

I was up too long on my legs yesterday and I sure paid for it last night. I plan to rest today.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference in their life. It does take a trial and error process to find what might work for you....as we are all different and what works for one may or may not work for another. We, FMers, must keep on keeping on until we have found what works for us.

Vitamin D....I asked my doctor to check mine yesterday. I had 2 vials of blood drawn....so I hope to find out what is going on with it. I do encourage everyone to keep tabs on Vitamin D as well. Low Vitamin D just might cause more pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Cory...I know that your family is excited about the new little one. I can hardly wait until Thanksgiving to meet our little blessing as well. I hope they are both doing well and getting adjusted. This is always a very exciting time for new families.

Enjoy your Wednesday today and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will thank you for doing this.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good 'Hump' day MiMi and everyone. I hope the day is going well for all of you and that you will be fibro and issue free today.

It's going to be cool here today.. some colder air from Canada heading down our way. I did enjoy the heat while it lasted and am sure now that autumn and winter will be early, cool and wet as is being predicted. A weather trend I could do without. I love Autumn it's so pretty, nothing like it and so calming.. but winter OHN.. I just hate January and February.. they are so depressing.

Have to call my PCP ( he doesn't know he's being replaced ) today to set up an appointment with him, get a referral back to the Neurologist. ( I am being sent back the neurologist for migraine meds and meds for the nerve damage to my feet due to?) and to also set up appointment times with Bill, my old PT, so they can work on my neck. Which, the doctor told me yesterday, is not the root cause for the migraines. UGH.. so off I go to some kind of neck and foot therapy, which I hope works some kind of magic.

My DFF called last night from the San Fernando Valley,CA to let me know she has purchased tickets for the two of us to attend a charity event, I fly into LA on the 18TH, on the 19TH being held at the old movie theater she and I used to go to every Saturday as teens. It's now a live theater that has top of the run things there and I hear Debbie Reynolds does a lot of work there too. Should be interesting and it's a nice way for DFF and I to celebrate our 60TH year as friends.

MiMi, glad that you now know why your knee is hurting you so, but unhappy that getting you back to feeing better means they want to operate on it. I know it's never a good time to have knee surgery but seems that what is ailing your knee can't wait much longer to be fixed. I am thinking they will remove the cyst at the same time they do the knee replacement. I've heard that the recovery time from knee replacement is very short these days and the down time is only a day or two. But I guess these are questions you will be asking at your appointment with a surgeon. But am glad that you now have reasons for why you haven't been feeling up to your normal self.

Speaking of surgeries my DH has to have one tomorrow to remove a cyst on his right hand. It's small and will be out patient. And on the 11TH he will have a small hernia removed from around his " Billy button" and that means it's gotta be done in the hospital. My surgeon/ Gastrologist is not happy with our PCP because twice he said to DH " It's nothing."

Our Gastrologist- surgeon said " Yes it is something and if left to grow can be a major operation." He was so mad about it that he's told us both that we need a new PCP and has set us up with one he says it the best. This Dr is all about prevention and testing to find things early. Our PCP doesn't do that and I agree we need a doctor who is about testing twice a year to make sure things are as they should be with us medically. I'd rather catch something early than deal with it when it's a major medical issue.

No plans for my day. An errand or two. Along with my neck and IBS Fibro has had me feeling slower than usual the past few days. So I need to buck it and get up and get moving. I hate giving fibro even a minute of my day and have been doing ' little things' to keep myself up and moving.. but the over all tired feeling the past week has been draining. I have been back on the Gabapentin for a few weeks now so the over all tired feeling may be due to that. I do hate Gabapentin.. I really do, but I know that I have to be on it at times because the burning, bone hurting pain goes away when I use it. I have been back on Vit D and B12, which I stopped in May, for a few weeks and I hope that their good effects will kick in soon.

Okay, slow news day here.. will close this here by sending my very best to all.. Have a good day everyone.. be fibro issue and pain free..
Gentle hugs, Lind

fibroinsd responded:
Not much time..just a quick check-in..going to take mom and dad to dinner..but dad will pay ...but it is for mom's 87th birthday...they just had their 67th wedding anniversary..I don't think either of my sisters even called for either event..

It is very very hot here...I am trying to stay cool.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece,

Continue being the good daughter. Your many outpourings of love are good for your parents and for you. And think of the marvelous example you are setting for future generations. Just remember to conserve what energy you can.

Mimi,

Do whatever it takes to stay upright. We all know someone who let a little repair work wait for later--and wound up in a wheelchair--or worse, in a nursing home.

Linda,

Hope DH's surgeries on hand and b-button turn out well. It sounds like your primary is definitely due for a pink slip. Ask the experts (neuro and gastro) about docs in your area who are more proactive. And when you are at the surgical centers, ask the nurses for their input on primaries, too.

Bette

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Hump Day to all! I love these commericals too! I love it when a commerical can make me laugh! Bad day for me today. I hurt my back and left shoulder. I do not know how I hurt them. I just woke up in a lot of pain. I might have slept in the wrong position or something. Plus my knee is hurting bad too. My doctor also told me I was going to need a total knee replacement in the next year. I am dreading that.
I spoke to my sister today. She was able to drive her car for the first time yesterday. Her boyfriend with her just in case she got to tired or was in pain. Luckily she made it all the way to where she was going and back home. She sounded so happy. She said she is starting to wear prettier blouses now. Before they had to be button up. She still can't raise her arms very high. I am so proud of her and how she has handled this mastecomy. She is one strong woman.
I want to thank everyone for their help with teaching my new puppy not to use the bathroom in the house. The crate training really worked. Now she will sleep in it without me making her. She will even pull the door almost closed. I do not lock her in it anymore. I do have a new problem maybe someone can help me with. My 13 1/2 year old dog is showing out. She has started knocking over trash cans, knocking over my flower pots, pulling things out of closets or off low shelves. I spoke to my vet about it and he said she was showing out because she was jealous over the puppy. He said to give her time and she would come to love the puppy. It has been almost 6 weeks and she has not stopped being bad. I love on her a lot more now than before the puppy came, but that does not help. Tonight I had to put her outside in the kennel so she would not tear up the house while we slept. I do not want to give my puppy away. I just keep hoping I can find something that will make her stop this bad behavior. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
There is a new guy at work. I think I have a crush on him. He fixesd the computers. He always saids hi and smiles at me. It has been so long since I have flirted with a man, that I have forgotten how. So I just smile back and say hi. It sure makes me feel good when he smiles at me!
I hope everyone has a good Thursday and Friday. I am going to take a hot shower to see if it might relax my back and shoulder. Thanks so much for always being here. It sure is nice knowing I have friends as nice and wonderful as each of you are.

Soft hugs,
Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.