Skip to content
Thursday ****9/5/2013
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is going to be a nice day today...it has been cooler and it feels more like fall now. Well, I know fall is just around the corner anyway.

I hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

So much going on around the country again. I think I have issues until I hear about other things which are happening....and then I realize my problems are not really as bad as they could be. It could be so much worse.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped ease their pain. Check out the info also under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. There are no quick fixes that I am aware of....everything is a process which takes time and effort. A person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever they decide to try before making a decision as to whether or not what they are doing is working....it takes this long to get the full potential of what it might do.

Vitamin D...well...I checked my blood work on line yesterday and my doctor did NOT check my Vitamin D level. I do NOT understand why since I asked him to do so. Everything was ok except my cholesterol which was too high. I am going to try to work on this. I read where a handful of nuts might help this. Anyone else know of anything else to bring it down?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

maggiethedoglover responded:
Hi FMily,

Maggie in Milwaukee, WI. It is lovely, breezy and cool in the shade, warm in the sun here today. It's the kind of perfect day for walking the dog or just walking yourself.

I have high cholesterol, too. Losing weight, if you are overweight, is one of the top ways to have your bad cholesterol drop. Also, regular exercise will help to raise your good cholesterol (HDL). A mediteranean (excuse my spelling) diet, using extra virgin olive oil is said to help. Not ever frying foods, grilling, baking or using a slow cooker will help, especially if you take care to remove any fat.

There are many other things that you could research online. If none of them work, please consider discussing statin medications with your doctor. I just read that they also reduce your risk of stroke.

Good luck MiMi!

Hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

teripurcell responded:
To cut down on your cholesterol, add oatmeal and beans to your diet. Also, increase the amount and variety of vegetables you eat. Make your meat portions a bit smaller and substitute fish for meat twice a week. There are several ways to add different beans to your diet. Make bean soup; dip carrots, celery, or bell peppers into hummus; add some drained, canned beans to your salad; have a side of baked beans. I've had success with these methods, and my husband and children haven't complained about the meals I serve.

fibroinsd responded:
not a good night at all..

well, started out fine..had a nice dinner out with mom and dad...but I had some coffee later than I should have, and then had a hard time going to sleep..Then DH's alarm went off for some strange reason at 1 am...and I couldn't get back to sleep until 4 am...I am exhausted today..hopefully I will sleep tonight..

Meanwhile it is hotter than heck ...with thunder storms over the mountains...expected to stay the same the next few days..ugh.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I posted last night for Wednesday, but it was lost. Yesterday was our long day and it wasn't too bad. We have cooled down here and that makes work much easier to do. They are talking 90's tomorrow, but it is only for one day.

I worked standing in front of a bench all day today and it tore me up. Once home I was ready for bed. While sitting in my kitchen chair to rest for a bit, my back spasmed and it almost launched me out of the chair. I took a Flexeril and a shower and now it has calmed down. I miss my massages every three weeks or so, but money is tight for a bit so it's the first thing to go. I haven't gone in a month and a half. I may have to splurge soon.

Otherwise things are pretty god here. Our new leadman at work is advocating to get me trained and my pay bump. This a s a big win for me if he pulls through. The wife is now in school 2 days a week and doing well despite anxiety, and the boys are off to a good start this school year. They started on Tuesday.

I have to finish making dinner, so gotta run, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.