Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****Roll Call****9/6/2013****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****and a Happy Friday to each of you. MiMi in NC. I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and that today will be a good day for us all. This week-end is ours with my GD. My GSs are looking forward to her visit. They both love their cousin. It is funny how they look forward to seeing her every other week-end and then they end of fussing some. That is the way children are though.

It was a short week due to Monday being a holiday. But it was a long short week for me. I had a lot going on. I am glad it is now Friday. We are supposed to have a good week-end. September is supposed to be better weather. I hope we will have a nice, long fall.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process...to find what works for each of us...so hang in there and try different *tools*...learn all you can about what others have found that has improved their pain. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help another.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this first week-end in
Sept.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
hi all.... one armed bandit here... trying to steal your heart away... lol... good morning my fellow loved ones...

i had a rough night... and for some reason my alarm stopped working... it goes off but not loud like it should... so luckily i awoke early enough to turn on the coffee, have a cigarette and then it was time to get my son up... no time for me today... i miss my hour to myself...

i didn't know what a pain typing was till i had to do it one handed... lol... it numbs my hand that much quicker lol... lol...

i am doing fair as a one armed bandit tho... the sling comes in handy carrying my cellphone but i have to use speaker phone most of the time... i tend to get the jerks and beat myself up holding the phone...

my parkinsons is a terrible pain in my break... it doesn't like the jerks... and tremors on the inside of the cast... i still have the first cast on for i have to wait for mt pc dr to refer me to orthopedics... which is a delay i don't need... then i have to beg my insurance company for a ride earlier the 3 days... i hope... not counting weekends... i don't know how long they can wait to cast it... they said it was a clean break... whatever that means... hopefully that they won't have to move it... and it will heal good...

i slept most of the day yesterday but only heard the referral for my dr was on my dr's desk... lets hope not buried... lol...

i plan to try to stay awake today... today is the day i can usually play catch up with my daughter... we haven't talked all week which is odd... but with 5 kids and homework... it is to be seen... lol...

going to read a good book and wait for the doorbell to ring... my youngest grandchild turned 5 on the 4th and her presents are due today ups... we are having her party tomorrow... so they best be on time... lol...

i am shaking too much to finish more thinking... lol... good ole parkinsons... i will need all i got for hypnosis on this spell... if oly the dr would give me the valium the hospital used... it helped so much faster then just what i am on... but it is also time to take that... so i am going to run and start my day with prayer i hear from my dr soon... and can get things rolling...

you all take care... love... jan/dakota

rudyandirmouse replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Jan so sorry you're dealing with so much. It's good to see you posting here. Wishing you a better day. Gentlehugs Linda R,

rudyandirmouse responded:
Checking late today. Had appointments this afternoon at two medical places that were informative.

TP went well and next week I get the neck put into traction. So good there.. and it looks as if I will be in TP for awhile. My Neurologist says I may be in TP for 4 months, insurance willing.

And the Neurologist says, after reviewing the MRI and X-rays I took of my neck, that my neck is as good as a 20 year olds... So the migraines are NOT being caused by neck bone/ spine issues peruse. . But rather it's all due to nerve damage. He also said I have to up and I mean up the Gabapentin to 600 to 800 mg a does to take care of the nerve damage to both my feet. This has nothing to do with fibro. UGH. Not happy news for me.

He gave me a shot in both sides of my upper neck, OUCH and says I won't have to do that again for at least 3 months. Well Yay that! And he is also putting me on a medication that should help prevent the migraines, but it can cause weight loss.. humm. Then because the Gabapentin does is going up ( maybe ) any weight gain from that will be off set by the weight loss from the first med. UGH. I should be happy but for some reason, well a couple, I'm not.

Okay, enough about me..

Gentle hugs to each of you. I hope so much your day has been a good one and that fibro issue and pain have not been a part of it.
Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
It is a very hot and muggy day here..and yes..it does seem like it was a long week instead of a short one !

Linda..so sorry your neck is such a pain..and yes..it is so frustrating to be taking meds and wondering what side effect is coming from what med..and is one working against another..ugh..hope you start feeling better..

not much else to report..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda: It feels good to have a doctor tell you that things will be taken care of, doesn't it! The gabepentin dosage he spoke about is in line with what I was on during a major flare--3, 600 mg doses a day.

Jan: I can't believe you posted so much working one handed.
At least you have that "clean break" as opposed to the crushing, complicated kind. With any kind of luck, you'll heal better than new. Aren't insurance companies wonderful!?? Our family physician says they are actually running not only healthcare, but the entire country. Easy enough to believe.

Cece: Ugh! The hot muggies. They sure know how to turn a mild ache into a major flareup. Keep your cool as best you can. You are so right about the counter-purposes and mixed reactions of drugs. DH is on 18 different ones. I doubt anyone has any idea of how they interreact. Hope you have some fun this weekend that is not dysfunctional.

Mimi: I'll say it again (although you must be tired of hearing it from me). You are so blessed to have grandchildren to love. Sometimes it is so easy to forget how lucky we are. When you count your blessings, put those little ones high on the list.

To all of you: The surgeon said he's never seen anyone heal so completely in so short a time. 20 days. Must be that our hyperactive immune systems have SOME redeeming sides. It was a rough day, and I've spent today resting up. The girlfriend who often joins me on these little (Hah!) jaunts to Buffalo couldn't come. Without the conversation, the trip was more tiring and a whole lot less fun. Hope she can come next time I venture into city driving.

Bette

P.S. I got my copy of Dr. Starlanyl's most recent book in the mail yesterday. There's an awful lot of new stuff about how TPs effect your body. Interesting.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
It is 11:00 pm here. I wanted to check in even at this late hour. I am having indigestion so bad tonight. I think it was something I ate at the chinese resturant. The food was good. I think my stomach did not like it as much as my taste buds did! The rain has finally stopped here. Our yard is dry again! We were surrounded with 10 inches of standing water all around our mobil home. I had to walk with rubber shoes on to get to the car. Luckily now my pets can go out to pee with out having to almost swim to get to the dry areas!
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Soft hugs to all.
Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.