Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibromyalgia---2014
sszima posted:
I read a short article yesterday regarding Fibro and severe inside upper thigh cramps. I was so glad to have somebody else say they had suffered with these. I don't want anyone to hurt, but I thought I was literally losing my mind. The other symptom that was mentioned was the horrible cramping in the feet and hands. It just made me realize that I wasn't the only one with weird symptoms. What are we doing for these? I have been on flexeril and pain meds for years. I've also been on anti anxiety meds for several years because of panic disorder. I would like to know what others are taking for Fibro and how they handle this disease during the day. The last 2 weeks have been horrible for me so I am searching to find something else that might work. Thanks Rosemarie

dollbug responded:
Hello Rosemarie and welcome...MiMi in NC...I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I know that when I first got sick I had groin pain and a lot of leg and foot issues, which included what I called *deep bone pain*. Now I do not know if you are having the same or not...but I will say that once I started on my vitamins and supplements that it has gone away for the most part. Just every now and then I have a very light issue of what I had been dealing with, but it is now nothing like it was.

I think the Fibro Response and Magnesium Malate which is what I take for FM pain. I also take Omegas and I take P5P (which is a process form of Vitamin B 6) and Vitamin B 12 as well. I tried different kinds of prescriptions in the beginning but did NOT find anything which helped me without causing a lot of side effects.

There are all kinds of other tools that you might try as well. I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.

We have a good support group here and I hope you will continue to post.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Hi. I have a lot of thigh pain, not necessarily inner though. I have had hand and foot cramps as well but not often.

I started taking Savella about 3 weeks ago and am doing better. I still get slammed if I over do it but if I am careful I'm pretty good. It does cause me some nausea but that is improving. I also take Trasodone for sleep.

missist replied to TurtleRunnerNC's response:
Hi, I've been trying to stretch my various thigh muscles. They are really tight as are calf muscles--basically anything below the waist right now.

In the past, I know that I would have an area acting up and it would run its course. The longest was 8 months for elbows-- but that was many years back.

This current situation began just over a year ago and I really have not been able to fix it. I think what I should get is trigger point release therapy--there has to be some trigger that is causing this.

I'm starting with a new dr soon and plan to address this with her--I hope she'll be more open minded to treating this sort of thing, she's an osteopath--which I haven't gone to those ever--but I think its sort of like mixing a chiropracter with an md. I know that isn't accurate degree-wise but its how I"m thinking of it.

I find it easier to stretch these insanely tight muscles in my hot tub. there are yoga poses that help do that. If they are stretched daily it does improve them for a while.

For pain I take gabapentin, nortryptline and celebrex. Everyone responds differently to different things.
Best of luck to you!
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
We are all so hypersensitive to the tiniest little thing, a breeze on a cheek, the sound of a car horn, the sun in our eyes.

My leg pain turned out to be from vericose veins pushing their way out through and past the muscles. Once they were at the surface, they stopped hurting. The first time it happened, I wasn't sure whether it was just a coincidence or cause and effect. Now that this has happened at least 10 times all over my legs, I recognize it for what it is and no longer panic. It is a deep, muscular ache--not surprisingly--and not something you enjoy. Knowing its cause has at least taken away the fear.

Hope each of you finds the root cause of your leg pain. Knowing makes a difference.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.