Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****9/9/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
A good Monday to each of you. MiMi in NC and it feels like a fall morning. Kind of nice to say the least. I hope it continues to be nice weather for a change. I do hope each of you had a good week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Let's see IF I can get this discussion posted today. Seems like something is not quite right with this website. Too many having issues with replies going into cyberspace. OR could it be something else. I have no idea. So much going on around the country, actually around the world. Weird and strange things.

My GD was in a better mood this week-end. She is playing soccer and had a game but I was not able to attend. I had issues with sleep and when I do, well I am not a happy camper. Between that and my knee problems I stayed in for most of the week-end. It is just not worth it me trying to get around on a bum knee.

My son has a court date concerning custody tomorrow and then my DD and her DH have a court date next week. I will be glad when this passes. So much going on with *issues* that no one seems to know what is going on. Not a good thing for any of us.

OK...enough on my soap box.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sorry that you are dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....but glad that you have found this site....as I am sure you will find some good info here from a lot of people. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* too. And review the *member toolbox*....where you will possibly find a tool or two to try that you have not thought of using. It does take time and effort to get through the process of finding what will work. We are all different and what one person uses may or may not help you. Be we FMers must keep on keeping on until we find the right combination of *tools* that works for us.

Vitamin D....I continue to mention this in most of my posts....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. So speak to your doctor about this.

Enjoy your day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

This is a good way to help most of us.....hard to learn how to remember to do it though.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday morning MiMi and to all the will follow. I do hope your weekend went well and that you were able to be out and about enjoying it. Sorry MiMi that you were not able to be out and about as you'd have like to due to the knee issues.

It will be a very warm day here, 93, with some mugginess. But I'll take being it's mid September. The cool weather that came down from Canada must have warmed up on it's way down cause I didn't see a weather ' bump ' due to it. Insert a big smile here

DH and I enjoyed our weekend. Got some yard work done and we filled up all the hummingbird feeders, all 9 of um. We have to do this now each week as we have so many little birds with us. Like MiMi, we have ( two) large ones that we leave alone for two weeks but the others we change weekly. We have 20 or so of the lovely little birds here with us now and it's a good day when your out doors and don't nearly get smacked in the head by one as they zoom by. DH and I sit out on the back porch and watch them come zooming this way and zoom that way. I will miss them when they go away first week of October.

Have two appointment today. One because of my neck: PT and then as soon as I'm done there it's onto the Women's Center @ the hospital for my annual Mammogram. Never a fun thing for me. DH doesn't quite understand why I hate these yearly breast ' picture dates" appointments. But I doubt that I am alone in not liking Mammograms, for me, even when it's for my own good.

Aside from that my day will be a slow one. It's good tho as I have inside the house things to keep me busy enough. I have the suit cases out and on the up stairs bed now and have begun to put things in them for the trip. It's 9 days and counting now until we head into LA and then onto Oahu, HI for our vacation with DH's baby brother and his wife. We have vacationed before with them @ DisneyWorld and this year we get to stay at Disney's new Resort near Honolulu. It's looks amazing.. so big, so pretty.. and so many water things to do. Of course, why not, it's Hawai'i and all things water. Doh.

Day 3 now with the neck medication ( nerve blocker ) and although I get up in the a.m. feeling the same migraine woozy I I can get up and get moving. I have been taking one Excedrin Migraine tablet as well and with it I feel so much better, can think, have energy and just an over all feeling that I can conquer the World. Thank goodness for nerve blocking medication. Am sorry I took so long in going to the Neurologist to get it. And I also think upping the Gabapentin dose has done a lot to help me feel better to because the feet don't hurt now either.

The feet started to hurt and burn so bad this summer when I went off the Gabapentin. Just never put one and one together. Thought the foot pain was due to wearing sandals. Nope the Gabapentin / Lycia was keeping my nerve damage in my feet at bay thru the winter so I had no clue that the nerves in my feet were now damaged. Who knew that fibro would damage the nerves in my feet. Surely not dumb me.

And because I hate Gabapentin's side effects I rush off it as soon as spring comes. Not any more I'm guessing. I've said here a million and one times I hate the stuff but it does work well for me. But I don't like the weight gain and the feeling sleepy, but dog gone it if it doesn't take the edge off the pain and discomfort fibro puts me through in the winter and I guess now I'll be saying throughout the year.

Okay enough soap boxing about that. Need to get myself up from here, get the day going. Wishing each of you a good day, a fibro issue and pain free day..
Gentle Hugs to all, Linda R

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
hi all... rudy i hope those migraines subside for your trip... i know how they are... mimi... wishing your knee is better very soon... a trick knee is a pain in it's self... yet alone give it the pain... good luck with it...

i am tired today... have my gd to get off to school yet... then i can rest...

it has been raining steady since i got up at 4... a beautiful 74* out... I don't want to go in... lol... feels so good not to be 100*..
high today is 93* though... guess it won't last forever...

my poem didn't paste right... it came up all one paragraph... sorry about that... i can try to re paste it and space it to see if it will be easier to read... or i can just type it in... i didn't mean it to come out like that... it broke every 4 lines... i know i have trouble reading big paragraphs... i am just going to re post it right... hope more can read it then... means a lot to me...

well... i guess i better get gd in her bath...

have a nice day... love jan/dakota

rudyandirmouse replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hi Jan, done thank you for the good thoughts. I hope all the things that I'm doing will help with my migraines as well. I simply have to be able to get on those planes and get this take a get this done. DH and I have spent way too much money not to go.

I do so wish that you we're feeling better and Abel to do more without getting too tired sending you gentle hugs best wishes always Linda R

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda,

Isn't that Excedrin Migrane great! It seems to work better than the high priced Rx stuff. At least for me.

Wouldn't you like to know whether the Neurontin is making you feel better while the damage is still progressing or whether it is actually making you better? There's a big difference, although feeling better is good, too.

Mammograms hurt less when you get older. The girls sag as we age because they are losing denser tissue. Without that dense tissue, the squishing in THAT machine is less painful. One of the few good things about growing old.

You might ask hubby how he'd like a testiculogram that caught his boys and squeezed them tightly to get a picture of all the testicular tissue. I think that the men who have ruled the medical world for so long decided it would be too painful, but those same men considered mammograms a little bit uncomfortable but totally acceptable.

Jan,

Your poem was still great--lines or no lines. As I said before, you go to the heart and soul of us. Hope you stay in a better place for the long run.

MiMi,

Hope the knee decides to calm down for a while. It would be nice if it cooperated while your family went through the maze of court appearances. Take your own advice and continue to pace, pace, pace. (You didn't really think that your knees and bleachers were a good match, did you?) Your GD will still love you and will still know you love her.

To All,

The hands are still swollen, tingly, and weak. One of these days, I won't be able to get out of the bedroom until someone else opens the door. I've got a bottle/jar opener that helps in the kitchen. Wish that milk jugs weren't too big for the bottle slot and too small for the jar slot! I have to ask others to open the jugs so I can get my morning cereal. Hubby does NOT appreciate this--he usually sleeps later than I do. Tough!

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. it was cool here again today, about 65. Once home from work the house felt chilly. Hoodie season is here. I will probably be wearing one until May now.

Being cool and muggy made for a higher pain day, but work was not bad. I can't complain. I have had much worse Mondays than today was.

Not much new here today, just resting for tomorrow. I hope you all have a great evening and sleep well. Take care everyone.

Cory

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Monday to all,
It was a very busy day for me at work. I was so glad to get home and take a hot shower. I made dinner and did the dishes, Plus I started a load of laundry. So now I am ready for bed. I have decided to call and get me an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow about my night time knee cramps. Luckily I did not have any last night, so my sleep was peaceful. I am praying tonight the knee will not bother me.
I saw my sister yesterday. She is doing much better. Her spirits were good. We had a birthday party for my six year old niece yesterday. I am so proud of sister taking this mastecomy so well. I am not sure if I could be that strong.
Linda, I am so jealous of you going to Disney in Honolulu. That sounds to be an amazing trip. I hope you have a blast and will be pain free.
Mimi, I sure hope you get your knee taken care of soon. I understand the pain you are going through. Take good care of yourself. You are a very special lady.
Jan, that was a beautiful poem you wrote. I had tears in my eyes. Thank you so much for writing and sharing it with us.
Betty, I am sorry to hear about your hands. You suffer so much. I pray this will pass quickly for you and you can get the help you need to get through the day.
Have a great Tuesday everyone and good night.
Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

booch007 responded:
Stopping by early on Tuesday,

Ughhhhhh, Up since 3:30 from DH waking me from a bathroom run . I am loaded with my trigger points being active, it must be from the yard work I did. It is also raining now with a change in weather from the SOUTH...to be hot and humid today. I'd say 100% humidity at this point.

I have glass in my head...an awful headache, brought on by me turning in my sleep to my stomach to get off the trigger points in the back and hot hips....it overflexes the neck and wa-la headache (everytime) You would think the body would know it is a no fly zone and don't do it!

So I got up to close the windows and then I took my meds for the pain....then just said screw it, get ready for work. I will be GREAT TODAY!

I am finding that the joy of being with patients is something I miss....and I need to do. The stress of desk and leadership is not a trade off. I am not me....got to work on this.

I read above briefly, but with the headache taking up so much space in my head....(and it is also making me grind my teeth....told you I am loaded with hot TrP's today.)....I don't remember all I read.

I am joyful that the baby didn't come over the weekend with all the catering my DS had....so now it is OK...LETS GO...
waiting game. With the genetic issues I think this delivery will be different than any others. Cord blood goes to Mt Sinai in NYC and the pediatrician is a special one for this issue.....
I am hopeful for little expression of problems.

We will love her no matter....and support what she needs.

This Fragile X syndrome is quite complicated and we have 3 years to see it's actual involvement. So lots of time to work on things. Prayers for better than planed.

OK....did get the yard almost totally closed down for the winter already...had a good weekend....just paying the piper for the efforts put out. . That is what we do.

Hoping the day is good for all of you today. Grab em when you get em'..................Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG*****Nana B.....so sorry that you woke up and could not get back to sleep....it is NOT a good feeling, I know for sure...been there, done that, many times over. I sure hope your day improves.

Thoughts and prayers are with your family....as you get ready for the new member to arrive. I am hoping and praying that all will be ok as we all know GOD gives us Grams little ones to love and cherish and I know she will be. I do hope things go well with everything. I am in the same boat here....not knowing is not a good thing.

Take care and good luck with the rest of the week.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debbie, yeah we feel really lucky to be able to there. Disney out did it self with this Hawaiian resort. It's 5 star all the way. so many water things to do.. lovely water cover and pools and the resort itself is so big and we got ocean view room at beach level.. so very lucky and happy for that.

We waited until DH''s younger brother retired so we could go and now less than 2 weeks from going over we get the news that DH's older brother's Liver cancer has spread throughout his body and his doctors have stopped his cancer treatments because there is nothing more that can be done.

They have told him he has a short time to live. This news, last night, nearly broke my DH's heart. Knowing this means our trip out to LA will be the last time we see him alive. We were planning to see my BIL for breakfast the day before we left for Honolulu and then for lunch in China Town in downtown LA with my SIL's and him the day after we got back. Now knowing how very sick he is the whole trip out, for us, will be a sad one, even our time at the Disney resort.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

rudyandirmouse replied to booch007's response:
Oh Nancy, am beyond sorry that your have such a terrible headache. To much out of doors yard work must have triggered it.. I do hope that you are better today.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.