Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is ultrasound therapy safe to use at home?
TroyWinger posted:
Is ultrasound therapy safe to use at home? I know there are personal devices available, but I have no idea if these machines will be effective and most importantly, safe for my husband or me. Has anyone used this type of machine at home before? I appreciate any information — thank you![br>

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome...MiMi in NC...I had some ultrasound therapy in PT....but I have not tried any at home. I do have a tens unit which is good to use. I did google it and you can find some info about this on the internet. I guess it would depend upon what exactly you are wanting it for and if it has been found to be helpful. Check with your doctor about this. I am sure the doctor can direct you to the person who can provide you with more info about it.

I had the ultrasound on my wrists (after falling outside and breaking them) after surgery while I was recovering and I also had it for my feet. It helped me in both situations.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.