Skip to content
Tuesday ****9/10/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....we are now in the double digits for September....boy this month is also passing by quickly. We are soon going to be in the *holiday season of things*...MiMi in NC....I am hoping for a nice long fall season. I guess we will soon know if this is going to be the case.

So much going on everywhere. So much to keep up with. In our area people are having *issues* with trying to get food. So many problems with a lot of things. They claim this time it is a *computer glitch*....Funny just how many times people will use this *excuse* for just about anything and everything these days. I happen to know that where there are computer problems....someone is behind it...it takes a *person* to run a computer and do what happens with them. Funny thing though just how some people can throw out *illusions* on things and people believe them.

OK...so here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all. Nana B...had a rough night. I sure hope things improve for her today.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. Hang out here with us and learn all you can about what other people have found that helps them cope better. It does take a trial and error process....as there are no quick fixes or a magic pill that will work for us all. (we can also hope though and just maybe one day it will happen)

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* as well....and review the *member toolbox*...which has some good info especially for new members looking for good tools to try.

I know there are lots in things going on with some of our FMers on board. I hope if you are dealing with some sort of *issue* that whatever it is things will get better and improve. Just remember that whatever it is....this too will pass. One day you will look back and perhaps remember just how tough life was at one time and that things did get better. I think we all have to stay positive and keep on keeping on....with whatever we are facing.

Have a great day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will surely thank you for doing this.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

FirstPrevious12NextLast

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & all to come.

I'm wondering what you mean, Mimi about issues getting food. I'm thinking it must be something to do with some kind of food voucher or foodstamps?

Do you live in a rural area? I do, and I know there are a lot of people in this area of SC that are very poor. Just a drive around the little towns shows that. I never saw poverty like this when I lived in the midwest. Had no idea it even existed in America.

It seems like the South has struggled since the Civil war, starting to get better and then being smashed back down by one industry after another pulling out.

Happy to note though, our Governor posted to her facebook account that South Carolina is #3 on the list of good states for doing business. North Carolina is near that spot too. Texas is #1 I think your state is 5 maybe? Hopefully that will help attract new companies because we all need more jobs in our areas.

We are supposed to have a new industry bringing 300 jobs in our county which is going to be announced this week hopefully. Very exciting for our county.

Well I am doing ok, although I've lost some of the steam I seemed to have yesterday. Hopefully after I get in my hot tub and do some stretching and sipping of coffee it will come back. i've been using my computer to list my to dos, and to remind me of them. I knocked about a dozen things off the list yesterday! Very cool. Don't seem to have much energy for that this morning though, but as I said, hoping it will come.

I plan to do cleaning tomorrow so I need to do some of these other things today. Hubby is coming home for this weekend. I'd love to have some accomplishments to show him.

Physically, my legs are a little better from these daily hot tub stretching sessions. The trouble with weakness and pain does come back though. It seems to be pretty relentless. The big part of the problem is incredibly tight muscles from the waist down-especially on my right. I'm keeping a daily log so I will have it to 'condense' and tell my new doctor. It contains also the weird symptoms that wake me at night. I am convinced now that there is a neurological issue and I am glad I decided to pull out from the old doctor and start this process over at a place nearer my home, and without the odd ineptness my dr's office seemed to have concerning handling my records, as well as my health.

Well off I go, Paco is crying at the door, he thinks it is cool outside. Chihuahuas have about the same comfort range temperature wise as fibromyalgia patients. LOL

Hope you all have a good day, minimal pain & etc.
Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi and everyone. I hope that you are all feeling well today as we move so quickly into the fall season.
I've noticed some leaves are down on the lawns, but I think it's from way to much rain rather than any moving into Fall.

I'm afraid my post will be about me today and for that I apologize/

I'm up early after having a hard time falling to sleep last night. It's not fibro's fault this time, it's the fact that DH got the heart breaking news last night from his older brother that his doctors have stopped all cancer treatments and that he has only a short time, a few months, maybe, to live due to his Liver Cancer spreading throughout his body. We are beyond saddened/ heart broken that he wasn't able to get his cancer into remission and get well. The loss of hope here is just crushing.

DH and I took turns crying into our pillows thru the night. What makes it so hard for us, like it wouldn't be anyway, is that we are going into LA, where he lives, in a few days knowing this terrible news and we will only have two days to be with him, do things with him, like we usually do, on our visits. And we know when we leave LA and fly home we know the time we spent with him will have been our last and that we will never see him alive again. Everything we do with him will be the last thing. Last word, last smile, last good bye. It's beyond heartbreaking to know this.

What also is heartbreaking is that our 3 daughters love him so much. One daughter called this a.m. in tears and said she had been crying all night over the sad news. We all had hoped it would not end this way for my BIL. My BIL, who is 10 years older than DH, and he and DH look so much alike, except for one being taller and the other a bit heavier, it's uncanny. And both look so young. It will be so hard on my girls to not think of their much loved uncle when they look at their father. I am sure a sadness will be with each of us much longer because of it. I wish there were a way my BIL could have won this one from cancer, but Liver cancer usually doesn't let it's victim's walk away from it well.

It's going to be a warm day here, again. Will be nice when I am out and about running a few errands. News people are saying colder air due in soon. If it's as mild as the last, bring it on.

Okay enough tears here. I got the PT treatment in yesterday and tomorrow I go in and get traction on neck.. Yay that. I am feeling quite well now I think because of all the things I've been given so far and have had done are working. So I am hoping it just gets better for me from here. . I have been so ill, suffering from so many ( fibro connected ) things for so many months and trying not to give into the pain that these good days are wonderful.

Let me also thank each of you for letting me post about the heart break and unhappiness I'm trying to understand and accept. It's not easy but being able to write about it here where I have so many wonderful friends is a great help. I know I will have to deal with the 7 steps of Greif and having kind people to talk to will be such great help for me. Again, thank you so much.

Let me close this here while I still have some characters left and get my day moving along.

Have a wonderful day everyone.. fibro issue and pain free.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

dollbug replied to missist's response:
Mary, there are actually several things going on with people getting food....one of the food banks closed the doors without even giving anyone any notice. This left a lot of people without food or even knowing where they could get it.

It has been reported that more people are needing help with just trying to eat these days than it has ever been in this area. It is really sad. They say that people who make low wages can NOT make ends meet these days.

I guess I have major problems as there are *projects* in which some places are jumping into which is going to need millions of dollars to do it...and just recently a healthcare center had to close it doors and left thousands without any way to afford medical care. What are these people thinking? Seems like the people who are voted into office to run the counties and cities are NOT doing a good job of trying to do what is best for the people.

When there are people who have no jobs and no benefits....as they cut out the unemployment here for thousands of people who have lost jobs....what are these people suppose to do?

And yes...they are now saying there are *computer problems* with people getting the food vouchers. Everything seems to be in such a HUGE MESS these days.

I personally do NOT remember when things were so bad myself. And it just keeps getting worse.

Trying to find the positive in things but it has really been hard lately.

I know that we try to help our own and I think everyone else should do the same. I do not think that our country is doing their part in trying to help people who need help.
I do understand where there are countries who also need help as well....but when there are needs right here it seems like we are NOT putting things in order.

I truly think everyone in this country should PRAY about what our nation is up against. I do not know of anything else that can be done with so much that needs to be addressed....we sure need guidance.

OK...enough on my soapbox. I am only one person and I am limited with what I can do.

Have a good day.

MiMi

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
lost the post... hope i remember it... lol...

i didn't want to get up at 5:30 this morning but i made it and worked on my post till it disappeared...now it is 7 and my son is moving slow today... i thought he went back to bed but he is at the kitchen table... lol... it is already time to get my grandson up for school... then i have to get my oldest son up to start his day... meds have to be timely...

i no longer have writers block... i have been dead silent for over 2 years... i think it was writing the poem to you that broke me through... that and if life's circumstances make my brain busy it eventually has to come out... i had started your poem a long time ago... just couldn't find the correct path until after life went nuts and then calmed down... seems how a good storm begins to trigger my over active brain and the only thing left to do is write...

i had started a diary of sorts prior to my son attempting suicide for a counselling assignment... i utilized it when it happened... i am amazed at what was going on inside me that no one was seeing through my strength i used to get through it... my exterior body was nothing like what was truly happening to me under the numbness i felt on the surface... i didn't read it until yesterday... and am once again crowded with words dying to get out...

i am also crowded with poetry and know i can now write some beautiful things from my heart and soul again... i had missed being woke up to words piling from my heart and mind... now i just have to figure out how to get it all out one handed... my keyboard is all screwed up so if i buy a wireless one without sticky keys and ones i have to pound on i might make it one handed... i was going to offer my son the job and dictate to my phone but he has nerve damage in one of his hands bad... from the restraints he was in at the hospital... he was irritable and a fighter when he was waking up the first few days... constantly thrashing...

anyway... i feel more myself now that i can write and it keeps at least my creative mind working...rt my cognitive mind is still shaky after being so ill... my memory shaky... i have to look to see what day it is several times a day... feel sorta dumb... lol...

no appetite yet... just barely maintaining my sugar count but at least it isn't high like my antibiotic can make it run... i am coughing again... but i have been smoking more unfortunately... my vapor electronic cigarette that doesn't bother me much has a dead battery and the charger is missing... my fault... i put it away so i wouldn't loose it... don't remember where i put it... happens too often... i think i need to make a list of hiding places lol...

well... that's me for today... i need to look for a few things online... and... i need to get a few things done and rest...

you all take care... love... jan/dakota

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi Linda, I am so sorry for your grief! I am going to be praying for you on your trip.. May it be a precious sweet time and may the sorrow not be overwhelming.
Peace to you & yours,
Mary

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi I am so sad to hear about this. I don't know where you are--we could be close? I'm just south of Charlotte.
Hubby works up near Raleigh.

Anyhow I need to find a way to connect and to help people. Our county is just so poor. not us--we are doing fine, although Hubby does have to work away from home. Our four kids have had to struggle. The difference now I think is-- after the struggle--I'm not so sure things will be better. they may continue to be somewhat poor.
I'd be lying if I didn't admit I worry about them.

I know that here--chester county sc-- there is not much going on. Work places need to multiply. I think they are, there are some new places. Our particular town though new places just go out of business usually. Hopefully that will improve. I am trying to spend $ here in my own area-- do my part. Not so easy. we do not even have a grocery store here.

Well I will add your area to may prayers, I've been praying for our leaders in the US, and for our little area here. I will start praying for yours too.

Mary

dollbug replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Prayers and thoughts are with you Linda R and with your family as well. I know just how hard something like this can be. I do hope that you can go and enjoy your visit with the family though and try not to let knowing about this interfere with you all having a good time together.

It is so sad when cancer strikes anyone and it is sadder when there is nothing left for the doctors to do.

My DH is a cancer survivor and the doctors did NOT give him a chance of survival either. He had such a positive outlook on life and he beat it.

I say this because I do know that miracles do happen.
The doctors said my DH was indeed a miracle.

Just know that there are a lot of people who will keep you and your family lifted up through this time.

Take care.

MiMi

missist replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
I am so intrigued Jan and wonder what is in this poem you describe.

I've had a bit of a creative re-birth too. I opened up my Word on my pc this morning and found a piece of fiction I had begun to write--I don't know when. I picked it up and just had words flowing from me to type in. And it was well written and interesting. wow.

God must be blessing. I am resting to day myself. I closed off our sun room since it is so hot out, and I pushed my recliner in here. so I have decided to nap and take it easy. I watered my plants outside so they would not succumb to the heat the next few days, and I am on 'pause' until tomorrow.
Perhaps I'll write more or read a bit. between naps.
Mary

dakotaspirit1957 replied to missist's response:
mary... the poem is in the messages i believe is at at...

http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgiaexchange/forum/24421

hope you enjoy it...

love... jan/dakota

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It is a warm, muggy one here today. I did not sleep right last night and it showed today. I am a walking disaster. It was another one of those days I have too often lately, where I wonder how long I can effectively do this job. Time will tell. The sciatic pain I have when I stretch to the side or sit is getting nasty. I need to see my Dr. about this before years end. I say that because insurance is ridiculous and It will cost me a lot more out of pocket next year. I make good money but less comes home to my family every year. I know this is true with most everyone.

Linda R, so very sorry for your bad news. I pray for a miracle.

There truly is so much wrong with our country that many don't see. Where I live there are many who are poor, as I grew up, but lots of help. I wish this was the case everywhere.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hi Jan/dakota-- the link doesn't work, says it is no longer there.

darn!
Mary

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hey Cory--I've been dealing with sciatica too-- it really helps if I stretch (gently but well) hams, quads & glutes. I'm doing my stretching mainly in my hot tub cuz its warm and its easier for me. You can do it on the floor too-- if you look online there are exercises, youtube videos are good-- yoga, and stretches. help.

I do mine every morning and anytime I feel it come back I stop and do some stretching.

Its not gone but it is a lot better than it was.
Hope that helps.
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda,

An uncle of mine died in his sleep sitting in his chair. The entire family was stunned, unprepared, disbelieving. My aunt and cousins were never the same. My father died a few years later of brain cancer after his lung cancer had not been caught in time. We all knew the end was coming. Friends and family had a chance to spend time, remember good times, and laugh with him. My mother remarried happily 3 years later. My sister, brother, and I accepted the loss of our father and moved on to make good, productive lives.

Go and share some memories with your brother in law. You obviously love this man very much. Let him know this. Do it with humor and a lot of "Remember the time?" moments. Save your grieving until he is gone. Right now he needs to know that his life has made a difference. Show him that it has.

Bette

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

One suspect in your sciatic pain is the piriformis muscle, a large, pear-shaped muscle that sits on top of the sciatic nerve. You may be able to lessen the pain with a GENTLE stretch.

Sit in bed or on the floor with your legs in front of you. Lift up the bad leg and place that foot down outside the other leg near the knee. Gently slide the foot higher up alongside your leg. Your bad leg's knee will be bent. Once you have reached the limit of how high you can go WITHOUT ANY PAIN, take your forearm and/or hand from the opposite side, and GENTLY pull your bad leg's knee towards the good side. Do not ever go beyond your comfort level. You want to stretch the muscle, not damage it.

It helped me avoid hip surgery for 5 years.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.