Skip to content
Thursday ****9/12/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where I have been up for some time...it is too early for anyone to get up....but something woke me up this morning and then I decided to get up when I could NOT drift back to sleep. It will not be a good morning for me. Anytime I wake up too early I have issues. A nap will probably be in store for me soon. It is going to be warm and muggy again today....but a cold front is headed our way....so it will get cooler.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I do hope today will be a good day for each of us with little to no pain.

I have another appointment about my knee next week. From what I have researched on line from what my MRI report stated I think my knee is just worn down....I do not know that there is anything left to do to make it better. I guess I will soon know. I am now having dull aches, sharp pains and just overall discomfort with it. I can NOT be on it long as it starts hurting. I really have not been comfortable for some time now regardless of what I try to do. Not a good thing at all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort but you should be able to get some good info right here from other FMers and from the *tips* and *resources*....also be sure and review the *member toolbox*.

Vitamin D. I want to continue to remind everyone about it. I continue to see new info online every now and then about something that the medical researchers have found out in studying how Vitamin D can affect people. And I have to say that the P5P has sure made a huge difference for me with my lower back pain. I am so glad that my DD shared this with me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Thursday.

Have a great day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Hi Mimi, I missed Hump Day!!! 8-(

Another scorcher here in southeastern New England - it reached 93 at my back door yesterday and is supposed to climb to 81 today, with t-storms tonight. I'm trying to enjoy it this time, despite the humidity making my hair go crazy. Fall will be on us soon enough!!

MiMi, I'm sad that your resources have dried up in so many ways. I live in what many consider an affluent town, and I was really shocked that we have so much need. Many people in the town have come together regularly to stock the local food pantry. I hope some angels come to your area.

SO many troubles for so many of us. My excitement for the day is a meeting at the nursing rehab place where Dad hsas been for the past 7 weeks. They're going to tell us that Dad can't go home and live alone. My sibs and I have jobs and can't move in with him, so we'll find a place for him. His plan was to move Mom out of the Alz care place she's inm, and he doesn't know that she was assaulted again while he was in the hospital in July. I'm going to look at another place before the meeting, my goal is to get them in the same place. It will make both very happy.

Last week one of their docs passed; Dad and Dr F had been friends since high school. We learned that family friend of my Dad's oassed in June. Ahh, too much of that!

I'm working again, hoping it will become a regular thing. It's Part 2 of the project I signed on for in March. I enjoy getting out of the house, but it's well out of the way of my hometown, where Dad and Mom are. With Dad ill, I'm in charge of both. AARGH!

I have a little work to get done today, them I'm on the road. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It is definitely fall here. We have freeze warnings for the second night in a row just inland from us. The big lake keeps us warmer here, about 45.

Yesterday was quite a hump to get over for me. I was almost done with my long day of the week when we found a serious problem that had to be fixed right away. This made for a 13.5hr day. No break from 2-8 because we all just wanted to push through and get home. Although it was long and tough, I had a good teem to take on the task. I did some stretches last night, with advice from Mary and Bette, thank you both. Despite taking a beating this last week I woke feeling alright. Better than expected.

I will hit my 40hrs at 9 am tomorrow. I might not work all day. The DW will be home and it would be good to be with her. She had a rough day at school today. The OT is nice for some extra money, but I rather just be home.

Lou, I hope you can get your folks in the same place. That has to be tough for you and them.

Mimi, I hope your knee gets sorted out soon so you get relief.

To everyone, take care and have a good night.

Cory

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

It's great that the stretches worked. I'm glad that you sidestepped any problems from nerve impingement. That sciatic nerve is a big problem for so many of us.

It's great that you'll have some time with your wife tomorrow. Have a great day.

One question: Have you ever tried switching shoes during your lunch break? I worked for a while--in my varied and checkered lifespan--behind a cosmetic counter. Too much standing and too little movement brought on a load of muscle type pain. Switching shoes at lunchtime made just enough difference in the way my feet, legs, and spine aligned that I lost all those aches. Worth a try.

Bette

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, my heart and thoughts are with you as you work your way thru the issues at the care place your mom is out. And I am so very sorry that, again, your mother has been assaulted. Yes, she needs to be removed from such a place. My MIL was assaulted, once, just before she passed away in the care/ Rehab ' home ' she was at and it just tore me up to see the burses and no one knew how they got there. So I do hope that you can find a good place near by for her and also that your father gets to come home.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.