Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****9/14/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...can you believe we are in the middle of another month already? My, my the time is flying again. Yes...fall is right around the corner and the weather is now changing here. It is going to be quite *cool* this week-end. But I guess this is to be expected. I still hope that fall will be nice and long this year. That you really be nice, for a change...but of course, it is what it is since I can NOT do anything about this.

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest. As for me...I woke up around 3 am and finally drifted back to sleep...I am not rested this morning so I am sure a nap will be in order.

We went to watch my GS play *T-ball* last night. He was actually more interested in playing in the dirt than anything else. It is funny to watch these little guys try to play ball. He was able to hit the ball though and I guess that is what really counts. He needs to practice his running and paying attention to what is going on.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and don't forget to review the *member toolbox* where you will find some good tips to try.

Vitamin D...so very important and Vitamin Bs as well...Yes...vitamins are so important and I am thinking that perhaps doctors need to pay more attention to these levels.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I know just how important my P5P is...which has *controlled* my back pain...don't fully understand just why but I know it works for me.

That's all folks.

Enjoy your day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi,

Those grandkids are wonderful, aren't they. I know they bring a lot of joy into your life each day. Consider yourself among the lucky ones.

I have a good friend who has recently had a breast removed. She was doing okay with her chemo until what we solemnly hope is here last treatment. They have all been on Fridays with her feeling well enough to go to work by Monday. Not this last one. She missed the whole week. But she attended the grandkids' games yesterday--both of them, 20 miles apart.

And for both you, MiMi, and my friend, those grandchildren are a reason to get up each morning and smile. They remind us that life is still God's greatest gift.

Enjoy those gifts of yours!

Bette

fibroinsd responded:
A good Sat. to all..

I have been so tired this week...I finally got a good night's sleep..last night..and even slept until 7:30 AM this morning..it felt great to sleep late...

I have plenty of laundry, etc to do today..but will try to catch up with what is going on here on our page..

Lou...did catch what you said about your mom and dad..man.I am going through such similar things..dad says he isn't doing well..and with mom with the alzheimers..it isn't good for her..but they don't want anyone else in the house. I talked to someone about coming in after the reg. caregiver...and they say they don't want anyone else..but I feel responsible for getting someone in there..it is not fun..and I don't even want to think about having them go to assisted living these days,..with some of the stories I have heard lately...The newpaper just did a series of articles about problems in care facilities..and how little is done to check on them or monitor them..

well...just wanted to say a good morning..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday all. MiMi you are so right here we are at the middle of another month and just days away from calling it Fall.

We've had a cool down here as well. 40's last night, but we're warming up again into the high 70's today and getting warmer again this coming week. And MiMi I am with you. Let's hope that the S. East gets a nice, long, beautiful and warmer Fall, this year.

Didn't do much yesterday. I did get out to get my back adjusted at the chiropractor and the neck in traction at the PT yesterday. So that was good. And today, unlike after last week's sessions I am not feeling any soreness. I will have two sessions of neck PT next week before I go on vacation. I've been told to pack my Flexural and take it at night while away. Also been told to religiously follow the few exercises I've been given to do three times a day while away. Which I will do and am doing each a.m.

And Over all I do feel better. The PT is doing it's job. Getting over the fear of having a migraine if I turn my neck the wrong way at bay is a blessing. The PT told me yesterday that where I keep pointing to, and saying there's pressure there, at the base of my skull, is exactly where 2 fibro trigger points are located. When I asked what I could do to not make those trigger points hurt or get those headaches again, he said
" Just what we're doing now. " So it's looking like this is going to be long term shots, PT and meds. Oh MY.

MiMi, GC are God's gift to us for all we did and still do for our own children. I've often wondered what I did to deserve such wonderful daughters, as they have turned out o beautifully, and now really can't figure out how I came to have 6 of the best GC ever to call my own. Just have to feel blessed and lucky I guess and yes, grateful.

cece, wishing your a restful, Me weekend. Know it's not always possible with so much coming at you, but know I wish it for you nonetheless. <<< HUGS >>>

Lou, hope things go well this weekend for your parents and the care/ Rehab center. I kept you and your parents in my prayers last night. Wish there were more I could do.
<<<< HUGS >>>>

Betty, I hope your friends completes her chemo treatments and is back feeling her old self soon. So glad she was motivated to get up and out because of her GC. It is amazing what effect they have on us.

Slow news day here. Not much to post about. Have no errands today, no appointments, no church service this weekend. Very low key. I had wanted to catch the movie The Butler a few weeks ago, but may have missed my chance after so many weeks.

Guess I'll close this here with wishes that each of you has wonderful weekend. Wishing each of days of sunshine, warmth, family, friends and no fibro pain or it's issues to deal with.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good late morning everyone. It was chilly again here last night. I'm thinking in the 40's. I forgot to loo at my weather station. In any event, fall is already here I think, just like flipping a switch. Mid September already?

I sold one of my two bikes for sale right away. The other has had many call but only one test rider looking for a better fit. I had a call a moment ago driving from aver 60 miles away whois is in route. He seamed pretty serious, so hopefully it will sell. Money is tight with the DW quitting work for school. This is a great thing, just the transitional growing pains take time. We will be just fine.

I have three cats and two dogs. We vacuum every day. Today I was moving furniture to get all the fuzz and I torqued my back a little. Time to rest for a few minutes then stretch. I do worry a bit about my back. It has hurt almost every day for the last several years. I wish I could get an MRI to asses it before it has a serious problem. It never seams to be brought up until we have major problems though. I wish my Drs would be more proactive.

We hope to walk after the potential bike buyer heads out. It is now very pleasant out with a cool breeze. Perfect weather for outdoor activity. There is a lot I want to do today, but I have to learn to pace better.

I remember when my boys were small. It was so fun just to watch them discover new things. I miss those times some, but they are growing into good young men.

Time to go stretch, I hope you all have a great day.

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Good afternoon all.

Not much happening here. NO BABY as yet...we wait and she is now officially LATE. Think of it, why would you want to leave a quiet warm space! LOL......
If no baby by Tuesday she will be admitted and induced.

Emily WILL come, one way or another.

I took Sela (cat) to the vet sudden like this a.m she has something with the bladder going on....so she gave her UTI antibiotics and some hydration under the fur.....$$ later. But I had to take her. I saw she is in the litter box often and small voids....Hmm.

It is also cold here, 40's and I love the chill in the air. I could light a chimanea tonight. That is the best outside with a fire going....stars...a glass of wine. Good stuff.

I am moving my office at work. I need a desk that is mine and a true home. Everyone I presented it to agreed so "right after the baby arrives" I will concentrate on setting up my desk. I will "nest also..." I want a week off to be with thema nd help anyway I can...even if it is at the deli. .

OK..that is my slow life here in NY....treees haven't turned at all yet but we need to be chilled a bit more.

Good day I hope is happening for all. Nancy B .

rudyandirmouse replied to booch007's response:
Nancy, I am so excited for you. Can't wait for your post that your little granddaughter has arrived.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.