Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****9/15/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
A good morning to each of you on this lovely fall like Sunday. It is cool this morning but going to be nice today with high 70's...looks like it will be around this for several days. Nice fall weather...not too hot, not too cold, just right...kind of like what the story of the 3 bears is about. I do hope this is the beginning of a nice long fall season. It would be a nice change.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I think this is what we all hope to have each and every day. I know that I certainly do.

I had some errands to do yesterday and did ok but by the time I got home my right leg was not feeling good at all. I ended up resting and drifted off to sleep woke up and then got up to go to the recliner that I normally sleep in. Had a problem getting back to sleep but I was able to sleep until around 7 this morning. I do feel better this morning than I did yesterday morning.

My GS wanted hamburgers today for lunch so this is what we are having. I just hope he will still want one by lunch time. This is actually an easy fix for the most part.

Welcome to the new members and to anyone who is returning. I hope things are going well with each of you. Be sure and share whatever you have found that has helped make a difference in your life...perhaps whatever it is will also help another FMer.

Vitamin D...and yes Vitamin B's are important...probably more important than even the doctors know. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

It pays to do your own research on the wrath of the dragon to find what might help you cope better. Drinking a lot of water is important and eating right will also benefit us. Doing gentle stretches and/or exercises is also a good thing...*gentle* being the important word here. We should also continue to be as active as we can be...so that our muscles will not become sore.
Move regardless of how you feel. Move even IF it has to be slow. Some movement is better than no movement.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this middle of Sept Sunday.

Have a good day...and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Good morning everyone. Been lovely here in NC. I am feeling lazy this morning. I was down with a migraine all day yesterday. Hated wasting a beautiful day.

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily.....NO BABY last night . I guess I will be at work tomorrow.......so I can plan on Wednesday as our day. We'll see. Her decision to sit and enjoy the last bit of peace she has. It was WALKING AND STAIR CLIMBING THAT i WANTED (BUT WHO AM ).....(the MIL with the big mouth...)

Asked them to dinner last night I had my SIL there and we had a nice meal and laughs..it is good to bring someone else to the table other than DH all the time......what do you always talk about..ya know!

So this a.m. I am learning the guarded Mama's cookie recipe. She wanted to teach me so many times and I said no...this is yours...well I need it for my grandchildren.....healthy, hearty biscuit cookie that the kids loved.

So I am off by 9am to learn...then a long list of finishing up closure for the season. Our septic trap needs cleaning so I can't do laundry til DH does that..(like a grease trap) (he put grease down the pipes so for sure he is cleaning it)... Then the rest of the pool and swing in the tree the sand box needs tarping....all the bushes soon need a deep pruning to pull them back.......always something, always something....

Hope today is a good day for most, that a low pain state has arrived at your door and distraction is helping with the leftover! .

Send us word you are in trouble and we will all face your way and send positive thoughts to move our dragon from off your back!! Gosh...I just love fall! I can't say it enough. Maybe the turtle neck around mine and its extra support and warmth is part of it..I don't know...It is envigorating, so much going on and you get a recharge after the HEAT of summer............

OK, enough...Hugs to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Nana B....OMG....you know that the baby will soon be here....so just have patience and know that soon you will have her to love and hold. I know how you feel though as the time get closer we Grammies can hardly wait. I have Thanksgiving to look forward to. The time has really flown by this time....much faster than the last time....I am thinking this might be my last grand....I am so looking forward to having this new little member though.

My GS will soon have a birthday as well....he will soon be 4. I can not even believe this. It seems like just a short while when he was born. My, the time does goes by quickly.

OK....so I hope you will be able to learn how to make the cookies for your little girls. I know that I have some favorite recipes in my book that I have written down....some of them are from my MIL who use to cook actually without recipes....she just knew. It is good to have this info though so that you can share it with your family.

I hope you will have a good week-end and update us on the new baby....which I am sure you will.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. I woke to some fierce winds blowing right through the vents in the window AC gusting up to 30mph. It reminds me of my last couple Boundary Waters canoe trips. I shared them here, they were great experiences but I was very nervous with those winds. Due to complications with that friend, I won't be going with them any more. When my boys are older we will do our own trip.

We should be able to get our walk in later this afternoon. It is supposed to clear up. I need to get out and move. Hopefully it will loosen up my back. It is on the verge of something bad right now. I have been fortunate that it has not completely gone out in a long time. I just have to be careful and stretch. I have Flexeril on hand so I took one this morning.

The spirit is still up, I too love the fall as I keep mentioning. It is so nice to not sweat, not have bugs, and just get outside more. On the subject of bugs, I have a bee hive in my basement walk out. It is the only way to get down there, no stairs on the house. I hate killing bees, but they need to go. If ever possible I don't do it.

Nancy, I love the name Emily. I hope she comes into the world soon so you can hold her.

Turtle, sorry about the headache, but you deserve to relax after that. It is hard to feel you wasted a great day but we have to take care of ourselves.

Mimi, I'm glad you had a good rest, the weather sounds perfect there for a while. Enjoy it.

Take care everyone and have a great day.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
We had a surprise yesterday. One of DH's ex-students came to see us with his girlfriend. They came for dinner--in a 30 foot motor home which they parked in our driveway overnight. They were on their way by 8 a.m. today, but it was one of those days when someone else stopped by every hour on the hour.

We had a tree full of peaches that will not survive frosts coming later this week. Someone came for them. I get 1 jar from every batch. They buy the sugar, etc., and do all the work. Another family dropped off some apple crisp and took dropped apples to make applesauce. Then it was others for the last of the squash and a drop off of the world's best zucchini bread, some pickles, and pickled beets. Finally, the Buffalo family who have a summer/hunting camp, took a bushel of corn home. We're almost done--except for the potatoes that have to be dug up next month. Talk about a cooperative garden!

So, I never got to have any rest today. Since it's 8:30 now, I'll say goodnight and that I hope you all had a great weekend.

We all know that this means a weekend with little pain, some rest, and a lot of joy.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.