Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****9/16/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and we are back at Monday again
I hope everyone had a nice week-end with lots of rest and hopefully little to no pain. I rested for the most part. I did go yesterday to see if I could find something for my GS's birthday. He told me at lunch what he would like to have so I was off to try to find it. I did and I am glad. It is funny what little ones do these days. This little fellow is such a smart soon to be 4 years old. I can hardly wait to see just how he is going to be when the baby arrives. I am thinking he will try to help, possibly more than we want him to. I am hoping this baby will be as good as he was when he was a baby.

It has cooled down and feels like a fall day. I do hope fall will last a while this year and that everyone can enjoy this time of year.

The stores have geared up the Christmas season and decided to allow lay a way program early this year. I guess they realize people just do not have money to spend like normal....with so many still out of work. They are wanting people to have time to pay for the things that they need. This has become a big deal as several big stores has done a lot of advertising about it.

I took advantage of it as well. My other GS has a birthday right after Christmas so I wanted to get him a new riding vehicle. Found one on clearance and was able to put it and a bicycle on lay away. This sure helps me. He had looked at one like it this summer and told his mommy that was the one he wanted. So he will be quite surprised when it appears for his next birthday.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will improve the way you feel. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. So hang in there and learn all you can about what others do that has made a difference for them.

Vitamins and supplements is what I use and so far it seems to work pretty good for me. I have to keep a schedule of sorts and I drink plenty of water which helps me. I have been drinking lots of water though for years. I have started drinking a small can of pineapple juice which Dr. Oz says is really good for people. Don't know that it has made a difference though.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about having your Vitamin D level checked which is so important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The good part of this is that it is really a cheap fix.

Have a good Monday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning, Fall Monday! to Mimi & all..

Well I think we are a little cooler too Mimi, very foggy on the lake this morning so although I was up early I did not see a sunrise-its hiding.

We had one of my little grand-babies 3rd birthday this weekend. She is so smart too! I gave her some little puzzles and flashcards. She was able to do the puzzle with a little grandma help.

Hubby was here this weekend and did some more work on my hot tub. I've been using it but it needs a new surround and had some filter issues. He's fixed the filter and begun to put the siding on the surround. When he comes again he'll probably finish it, although I think we'll be working on our other house that weekend-- doing some landscaping work-- if the weather permits. My daughter's family rents that house from us, its about 15 min. away. We want to add a little backyard area for her children, its been pretty rough--wooded mainly. We bought it as a fixer upper and had planned to live there, before hubby's company moved away & his job moved to NC. So now we bought this place here where I am, and Daughter's family has been living in the other one.

Between the 2 places Hubby has work every weekend he can be home!

Well anyhow I have a dr. apt. this week--thursday. I've been sort of a 'wreck' over these weird 'paresthesias' numbness, visual symptoms at night, etc. For a while I've been afraid to take my RX meds fearing one of them may be the cause of this.

I'm wondering now--could it be all just anxiety?

Well enough of worrying and guessing--I'm just going to tell this new dr the history of it all and what is going on and see what she has to say. My mom had GAD--generalized anxiety disorder and I wonder if that may be something that can cause the symptoms I have. I do not know. Maybe I need some tests (grr--so sick of tests!) but I think if I knew what was causing it all I'd feel better, even if i find out it is my own mind doing it.

So we shall see..

Fall seems to be here, and like Mimi I hope it will be long and pleasant. We usually have mild winters, but you never know these days, weather seems to have its own mind now.

I'm back to work today, already talking to a customer this morning online, about a cake topper design.

I've been looking into herbal remedies and supplements, ordered a book on making herbal remedies. I was thinking if I do find out all these weird symptoms are caused by an RX med--I may look at how to replace some of what I take with calming teas or something. Probably not pain med though, I definitely need something for pain. I tried a couple days w/o my Celebrex--in case that was causing this-- didn't help , and I got a dose of my usual pain level w/o it and realized i need pain relief. Do not want to go there.

Sometimes I forget how things feel w/o pain pills.
There's a reason I take them, ouch ouch.

Well off to work I get now, except I need to hit that hot tub first.
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was not just cool, but cold here last night. It claimed to be 40 on my weather station but it was wrong. I had frost in one corner of my windshield on the way to work. The tomatoes survived but I may have to cover them every night now or pick them.

It wasn't a bad day, fought with the dragon this morning. it was hard to smile and take care of business, but it actually got a little better later in the day. That never happened before that I remember. Today we just paid off my bill for PT on my elbows. I hope my wrist doesn't put me in the same boat again. My left has been bad for a couple months and today I started getting stabbing pains in it when I was not even bending it. I found some PT online a while back so I got going on that again. It's always something. Day by day...

Things are good here though, and could be a lot worse. I hope those who didn't make it here today had a good day. Sleep well everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

Here we are in what is supposed to be the wealthiest country in the world, and people have to worry about how they can pay for their medical treatments! Unfortunately, there are a lot of us here who are in this type of bind.

You're right about the advent of Fall. All it took was a few too-hot days in July, and I was more than ready for a little bit of Fall's crisp days.

Have you tried wearing those wrist braces at night? They are supposed to help during the next day? I don't know about them, but when I had arm pain, a tennis elbow contraption of plastic that sort of clipped onto the arm did wonders. Muscles need a chance to recuperate from the day's efforts. Sometimes, these little braces do that.

Bette

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi,

You are one smart lady--and a lucky one too. Please let us know how the grandsons like the gifts you snapped up.

That idea of the pineapple juice is intriguing. We get so many different kinds of foods from all over the world. Our species tries them all and seems to benefit from most of them. I guess it's a matter of variety. Eat some of this, a little of that, a smidgen of the next thing, and you'll be healthier and happier.

The 19th century Irish survived quite healthily on a diet of milk and potatoes. I'm sure that people in biblical times ate grain, dried fruits, and lamb much as the peoples of that area do today. The pre-Columbian peoples of the Americas lived on corn and beans in N.A. and many varieties of potato in S.A. Now, with global trade, we can pick and choose from so many cultures. Hopefully, we'll discover the best from each of them. Maybe your pineapple juice is one of them. Let us know.

Bette.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.