Skip to content
Tuesday ****9/17/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is a cool morning here with the highs to be 70's today....so I guess summer is about gone....at least for now. Again I am hoping for a nice long fall to enjoy....I guess time will tell.

So much going on around the country. I have to wonder what is wrong with people? I guess this is just the *sign of the times*, perhaps....I have no idea. Life is so short as it is when a person lives a long life....but for it to be cut short by someone doing stupid things is so very sad. We never know what might or might not happen from one day to another.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that things will soon get better for you. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. There are no quick fixes or magic pills that I am aware of. What works for one may or may not help another....as we are all different. But hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better.

Vitamin D....so important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It takes a simple blood test to have it checked BUT you must ASK the doctor to run it as it is NOT included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning all....

EMILY is here! Wonderful delivery yesterday labor starting at 3am and being delivered at 9pm. She was 8lbs .9oz...big girl as she was a bit late! All are fine and it was wonderful.

Waiting rooms are not easy to sit in....but we all knew the magic was behind their door!

My other GC were there and climbing on me and we had good distraction and love with them. Bad start to this day...hurting a bit more than usual but I took out the toolbox and am getting better as I write.

I took off the rest of the week to be available to help with issues that arrise and also for me to get things done here. I am about 3,000 miles behind the oil change I was to do...just tooo busy. Nail, feet, house the list is long...so I hope to tidy my life up and be in good shape by next week.

So off to the hospital soon to HOLD the little angel.

But all is good with them all.

Take care for this day.......Nancy B

bette_kaffitz replied to booch007's response:
Nancy, how wonderful! New life. New promise. And one more child to nurture and spoil just a little. Emily is a wonderful name for a dear little girl.

Bette

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B.....SO HAPPY FOR YOU and your family as well. I am so glad that Emily is here and ok. Long labor....Bless the mothers who endure the LABOR to give birth to children....as I am NOT sure there would be many children otherwise. I know you are quite excited and I hope they get to come home soon. (they don't keep anyone in the hospital for long these days any way).

So what did the other GC think of Emily? I can't wait to see how my GS is going to react to our new baby upon arrival. I am already excited about this baby as well.

You sound like you have a lot on your plate to do....remember to pace, pace and pace even more....so you can also enjoy Emily too.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family.

Take care and enjoy your blessing.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz responded:
If you saw the sky here this morning, you would think someone had doctored it. It is the deepest, clearest blue on earth--it's almost the blue of the background on the computer screen! Against this background, even ragweed looks beautiful.

Out our bedroom window, I can see a tree we planted our first year on the farm. It's been neglected, hemmed in by forgotten dump trucks and outdated farm implements. Today, against THAT sky, it is magnificent with tiny red apples.

No wonder we choose fall for our national time of Thanksgiving. (Although I think Canada has it right, celebrating on October 12 when it's still a time of promise.) And now, with Nancy's wonderful news we can all smile and be thankful.

Some of us are in terrible places in our lives today. We have a hard time rejoicing just because the day is pretty. But, if we can just step away from the--admittedly honest--misery of our own lives, we can look up and see the promise of clean skies, new birth, vivid color, and life at its fullest.

There have always been troubled times. There have always been troubled people. These events fostered witchhunts, pogoms, cross burnings, and ethnic cleansing, With the advent of the printing press, we read about these horribly disturbing events much sooner. Now, with TV, the net, social media, and instant messaging, we watch as terrible scenes unfold in real time. This leads us to catastrophize, to believe with Chicken Little that, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling."
Actually, that beautiful blue sky is still there. 99.9 % of the people under that sky are good, kind, loving children of a good God. We just hear so much about the 0.1 % that it's hard to see all the good in our world.

Just focus on Emily. Your own grandchildren. That blue sky.
And believe in better days.

Bette

rudyandirmouse replied to booch007's response:
Nancy, Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Yes, Welcome, welcome Emily. Linda R

debrabrooks1960 replied to booch007's response:
Dear Nancy,
Congradulations on the new GD! I am so happy for you and your family! Take lots of pictures, they grow up so fast.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Tuesday to all!
My dad went okay. I was extremely tired and sleepy all day. I slept good last night, but woke up feeling like I had been up partying all night. I kept falling asleep at work. Thank goodness no one caught me. I was so glad to come home. I am going to bed early tonight in hopes I can feel better tomorrow.
My sister that had the double mastectomy had a scare today. Her right breast was rejecting the implant and has gotten very infected. The doctor wanted to do emergency surgery on her yesterday but he opted in giving her a shot of antibotic and steroids. Luckily today the breast is looking much better and the doctor is putting off the surgery to see if the breast improves. My sister was almost to the point of a melt down thinking she would have to have a third surgery. Please pray for her that her breast will continue to improve.
I hope everyone has a blessed week. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was another chilly morning here. Enough cold days in a row that my little Sun heater was not enough. I had to fire un the furnace. I hate being cold, it was time. We are supposed to warm up for midweek then back down again. It looks like the fall colors peak will be here in a couple weeks. I can't wait.

I continue to battle with my body as we all do here. I do wear my wrist brace after work most days and at night. I think it helps some. I also do some basic PT moves before I put it on. I do whatever I can, needing my parts to work right to make it through each day. I had a big ganglion on the other wrist I smashed with a good book yesterday, no pain, and it went away for now.

The cold always brings more pain for me so the seasonal adjustment period has begun. It usually lasts until March before it eases up. I am a little nervous about it. I was pretty depressed last year. I need to get a few ideas for activities at home. I may try music again or even art. I have not done either in 20 years. It might be time for a creative release.

Things are good here today, moderate pain but good spirits.

Nancy, I am very happy that your new GD is here and everyone is doing well!

To everyone, take care and have a good night.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Good Evening all..

With any luck I'll sleep in tomorrow so thought I'd write now.

Congrats to Nancy on the new Grand babe!!

I'm just a bundle of pain today. Seeing new dr Thursday, and I'm just almost afraid to take anything-- don't know what is causing all these ear ringing, head zapping, visual effects etc. Don't know what it is, etc..

Now I'm feeling things during the day not just at night, and I feel as if my head is kind of being dug at or somehting--in a few spots, kind of randomly. Crazy.

Anyhow. I got it in my head this is a strange drug reaction but I guess I don't really know that.

I have this apt. thursday and also made one at an eye dr. In case there's a reason there for the visual symptoms.

I've got a new pain area starting up, just as the weather is changing. Suddenly started to get pain and stiffness in my toes and top of my foot. I expect what will happen is it will get worse then the other one will start to do the same. Its been a while since I had a new area, but I do remember 'the drill'.

Well anyhow I guess if nothing else I should find out, maybe after some tests, if my meds are at all to blame for the head things.

sorry, I think I am doing a little pity party today--need to knock it off.

Hope you all are well, have a goodnight!
mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary,

Just a quick note. Hope your Dr. visit(s) on Thursday bring you all the information you need to get back a joyous life. It's so hard to be upbeat when you have so many things effecting and affecting your body.

Here's hoping you get back into a warm-fuzzy place and that whatever is causing all these symptoms is something that can be identified and quickly, safely, cheaply, and easily dealt with.

We'll be thinking of you at the doc's.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.