Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day****9/18/2013****
dollbug posted:
Did you remember what day this is?? Yes, it is hump day.
And a good day to each of you. MiMi in NC. I woke up around 5 this morning which is too early for anyone to be up and about. I do not know what or why I woke up but I do know that I was extremely tired. I was determined to go back to sleep and I did, finally...it was not how I expected to though...as it took a while. It is bad when the body is so tired and the mind does not agree.

Anyway, I woke up just a while ago and I do feel better than I did earlier but I am still tired. It is going to be a very long day for me. And I am struggling with my eye allergies as well. Plus when I woke up this morning the right knee was hurting really bad. So much to deal with these days.

Well, I do hope each of you was able to rest and I hope today will be a good day for each of you....with little to no pain to deal with.

It feels like a fall day here in NC today....and will be cool now for several days ahead. Fall is right around the corner though....so this is expected. A good change for sure.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group or just lurking. I hope those of you who follow the site will join in the conversations with us. Introduce yourself and let us get to know you as well. I am sure that soon each of you will find what works for you. Hang in here and learn what other FMers have found that has helped them cope better.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good start. This is not an easy thing to do either. It does take time and effort to learn exactly how to do this but it sure does help the body.

Talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people. Talk to the doctor about your Vitamin Bs as well.

Drinking plenty of water each day and watching what you eat is also a good thing to do. Having problems keeping up with how you feel? Keep a journal for a while. It will enlighten you on things....what you eat, your activity and pain levels...you might be quite surprised just how much it will tell you.

Getting plenty of sleep at night is also a must for me. When I do not rest good I am cranky and ill....I turn into a different person. Not a good thing for the mind or the body.

I am one of the FMers who has learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. It took me a long time to figure out what *tools* would benefit me but with a trial and error process....I was able to find what helps me. Now if only I could find something for the chronic fatigue. I am still working on this.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Wednesday everyone. I do hope your last night's sleep was a good one and that your today is starting off well.

I will make this a short post as DH and I are heading to the Nashville Airport to catch a plane to Los Angeles I know much tomorrow will be a sad one and maybe even will I the day after that but I'm going to try to keep my spirits high because he's still with us and there is always hope that God will reach down and give him a miracle.

Have a great day everybody talk to you tomorrow gentle hugs Linda R

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
This may be a sad journey, but it is one you will never regret taking. Spend time with this man who has contributed so much to your life. Make it a good visit.

Do your crying on the way home.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning, feeling fairly good at wake up. I am going fishing and have a 4 day weekend. It is rainy today but nothing too bad. It should be a good day. I will be back later, have a great day everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

Since when do fishermen worry about a little rain? Isn't that supposed to make the fish bite better?

All kidding aside, hope you had a great day with lots of fish for you to take home and for YOU to clean.

Enjoy your wonderful 4 day weekend. You work so hard. You need this time to rest and recuperate.

(I would be a wreck on a rainy day. I would turn the heat up about 2 degrees, stay inside, and moan and groan about how much every muscle hurt. It's great that you can find joy on one of these days.)

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.