Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Important link on Vitamin D
Anon_501 posted:
http://www.sharecare.com/videos/Vitamin-D-for-Healthy-Blood-Vessels-1852108197001-1826566316001/?eid=1010692564&memberid=8373501&_sid=87c2fdb0-d0a5-44d6-84c0-3364d7f61c6d&#cmpid=sceml00

meg_k responded:
VITAMIN D SUCCESS!!!

Hi, all. Meg K from MN here.

Wanted to let you know I had my Vit D checked finally today after mucho efforts since July to get it up and it was up from 27 to 46!!!!!! I had been taking 5000 IU a day (under Dr supervision) and sitting in the sun a lot w/o sunscreen (I know...skin cancer...I have to deal with 1 health problem at a time). I am shooting for the 50 to 60 range and aiming to keep it there, but this was a huge victory for me.

And...I have been feeling a bit better!

The video posted above by Anon...I know I'm cautious about clicking a link online posted by someone I don't know, but I did look at it because it just sends you a video on Dr. Oz's web page. The video provides yet another reason to watch our Vit D levels. (MiMi -- I know you will appreciate this.)

But, it's interesting. So many of us have problems with odd sensations -- pins & needles, etc -- and this video talks about blood vessel dysfunction if you have low Vit D. Makes me wonder if the two are related.

Anyway, wanted to share my small victory in hopes of encouraging us all!

Wishing you a low pain high energy, happy day!

dollbug replied to meg_k's response:
Hello Meg....so glad to hear that you have accomplished getting your Vitamin D level up....please remember to keep yearly tabs on it though....as sometimes we FMers can get our levels up BUT are unable to keep them up.

I am quite surprised that you took the 5000 a day and that it was under your doctor's supervision....GOOD FOR YOU...you have a doctor who *UNDERSTANDS Vitamin D and just how important it is and what it takes to get it within *normal levels*....I think your range of 50 to 60 is a good one, based on my personal research.

And of course I am really glad that you are feeling a bit better....(at least you are taking baby steps toward a positive side of dealing with the wrath of the dragon)

The above link is indeed a good link....so now someone has linked Vitamin D to possible heart problems....I am not surprised. There is new research discovered every month about just how important Vitamin D is to everyone....(not only just those who deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM).

My daughter is a *prime example* of this....as her level was 2 and she was in chronic pain. It took her a long time but she finally got her level back up as well.

I hope Meg that you will tell others about your Vitamin D success as well. So many people have no idea that this can affect their health in so many ways. So everyone needs to help *SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT VITAMIN D*.
Your family and friends will thank you for sharing this important info.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.