Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Suggestions for PCP Medical Practice that also has Rheumatologists?
PalomaD82 posted:
I just moved back to Danbury CT and am in dire need of finding a new PCP and Rheumatologist. The commute to my current ones are just too much.

I was diagnosed last year at age 30 with FM. I have had symptoms since I was 23, so 8 years now. My issue is that DR's are so busy these days that they don't properly communicate with one-another. So, my logic is that I should find 1 doctor as my primary care physician (PCP) who can also treat FM, or find a rheumatologist and PCP in the same medical practice so they can communicate with each other.

Any suggestions for DR's in the Danbury CT area???
dollbug responded:
Hello PalomaD and welcome....MiMi in NC...WebMD does NOT allow any of us to provide any doctor's names on this site. But you can go to the NFA and I think you can provide a city and names of doctors in your area who treat FM will appear. You can find the NFA under *resources*.

It is indeed really important to find a doctor who understands and treats there are many who still do not think the wrath of the dragon, aka FM, even exists....I think we can all vouch for it being very real though as we all must face it each and every day whether we like it or not.

I hope you will be sure and ask the doctor to check your Vitamin D level and also the Vitamin Bs...which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D seems to be *common* for a lot of us can cause some of us to have additional pain (which as you probably already know we DO NOT NEED EXTRA....and it can also affect other illnesses as well. You can google it and find out a lot about just how Vitamin D affects people.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as I am sure you will find some good *tools* that might help you cope better.

It does take a trial and error process...which does take time and effort....what works for one person may or may not help you. Only you will know when you have found what works for you.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this at such a young age. I am sure though that soon it will indeed get better for you as you learn more about how to deal with it.
Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good thing....drinking plenty of *water* every day might also help you.

Take care and good luck. \


BarbaraLD responded:
Hi Paloma. I have a good pcp in Trumbull ct as well as a pain specialist. I haven't found rheumatologists helpful . You can email me at if you want the names.
PalomaD82 replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi. My current PCP is constantly having me do blood tests and it shows high levels of vitamin D. I take 1000iu a day. Maybe I should increase it some more.
PalomaD82 replied to BarbaraLD's response:
Barbara my pain mngt dr is also in Trumbull. Have a feeling we see the same one on park ave
PalomaD82 replied to BarbaraLD's response:
Thanks Barbara. If it's on Park Ave then we go to the same PM DR
booch007 responded:
Morning Paloma,

Danbury Hospital has a good name in the area. I live just to the right of Danbury in NY. Try there site for a reference. Make the call and see who is the FM caregiver. You may get a jewel.

I lucked out working from Westchester Medical Center and am in good shape. I use Neurology with a myofascial practice to help me. I use trigger point injections to survive.

Good luck, try the hospital.

Nancy B
dollbug replied to PalomaD82's response:
Hello.....*high levels*? Not a good thing....are you sure about you having high levels? Most people do NOT have enough of the Vitamin D. The normal level is from 30-80....*depending upon where you get the info*....this can actually vary.

I know that when my level finally reached 42 my doctor said it was still on the low end of what is considered *normal*.

Do some research on this. It is quite interesting.


Wolfsong452 responded:
I've tried the one PCP was a joke, now I'm on my 3rd one, seems to be doing better. At least they're sending me for tests, MRI x-rays, etc. not for FM but some joint issues I've having.

Been to the pain management, in the beginning they were cool,
they were really tough on people. I got in trouble when we had to take a mandatory 6 week group meeting, learning this and that about pain management.

At the end of the 6 weeks, they asked, did we learn anything,? I said no.

oh, oh,

I was the only one.

Hey, research, research research!

I'm now in the 3rd year with pain management, they ask my pain level, I say 8, they think I'm stretching the truth, in fact, durning one visit, the assistant to the doctor, said something about some things not being true.

didn't come out and call me a liar, or say I was stretching it a bit.

heck, I know FM and OA and other things have to be under coping skills.

Yet again, slowly facing what's causing the pain, saying, ok, you have a torn rotator cuff, you have a torn meniscus, you have severe OA in your knee.

this seems to help me. know WHAT! helps the how to effect.
to make things better.

they suggested going to counceling, yeah right, that Doc, was a joke, sit there listening me bitch about Family things, or work, or lack of money,


also paying for it wasn't good. I can come here or with friends and get the pity party or advice that I need.

this upcoming visit with PM will be the end of my every 8 week visit, they're going to go to a as needed, or maybe quarterly, letting the PCP take care of the rest.

Well, my one PCP didn't or couldn't prescribe strong pain meds. right now I'm on NARCO,

comes in handy when I've over done things such as doing the weed wacker for 4 hours around my yard. ( not all at once, had a lot of sit down cool off time )

this new insurance coming up, has me confused,

guess we'll find out when it happens.
PalomaD82 replied to booch007's response:
Thanks Nancy! I will try DB Hospital site.
PalomaD82 replied to dollbug's response:
Hi MIMI, it was btw 40-50. This is why I'm looking for a more informed PCP. I have been taking 1000iu a day. I just upped it to 2000. Hoping it makes a tiny difference at the least.
dollbug replied to PalomaD82's response: let me understand this....your Vitamin D level was between 40-50 and your PCP thought it was *high*?

Am I correct or am I missing the boat here?

There are so many doctors who are NOT INFORMED on a lot of is sad....there is no wonder that sick people can not get the help that they need. I do understand the *older* doctors not being on top of medical research but the younger ones should indeed know more about it....There is NO EXCUSE for this.

I think this is with a lot of *things* though...and NOT just in the medical world. (My own opinion here).

Try to find a doctor who *treats* the offices and ask them outright IF there is a doctor who treats FM patients.

Good luck.


Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
395 of 422 found this helpful