Skip to content
TGIF******Roll Call ******9/20/2013 ******
dollbug posted:
TGIF****end of the week with fall right before us. Can you believe that Christmas is now less than 100 days away? It will be here before we know it. Cold weather too. A lot to look forward to.

MiMi in NC and we have a cold front headed our way. Showers are expected this week-end....My GS is having a Birthday party so I was hoping for nice weather so the children could play outside. He has a tree house and lots of outdoor things....but not so sure this is going to happen now. I sure hope they have some games that they can play inside. Not sure just how many little ones there will be.

Well, I had my doctor's appointment and have decided to get another Synvisc shot again. It will be the 1 shot. I have not had just 1 shot but I did have the 3 shots 1 week apart several times and it worked so I will see what happens. It was odd as when I got there I had to have x rays.....seems like the doctors do not know what is needed. I am sure the insurance co will like this since I had the MRI and they needed x rays. Sometimes I wonder if there is a reason or do they just want to create income for all of the tests and things that are done. I guess really no one will ever know.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Cory I am glad that you were able to go fishing with your friends. Sounds like all of you were lucky that each got some fish as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something will work. A person must do their own research and figure out what may work for you. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help you....only you can decide.

Vitamin D. Such an important vitamin for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Talk to your doctor about getting it checked. There is a lot of good links here with some info on just how important Vitamin D might be to all of us....be sure and read it.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good thing that we FMers can do....our body will surely benefit from this.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Friday.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Roll call...I am here! Well, I never hit roll call....first time.

Things are going great with the baby, pediatrician who specializes in this syndrome and my Son loves him, passed her with flying colors. Breast feeding is going well and she is not too fussy (my biggest worry). Also found out the DIL took a year off to be with the baby...Thank God!

Going over tonight with DH to hug her. I put some shots on FB as she is so awake and smiling already....a joy to look at.

OK, back to FM land. New pains to the thighs and legs bothering me. Thinking it might be time for new shoes. I always re-assess the footwear when this starts. I am thinking calcium in my life by tablet might be something too. I was taking it and noticed it was in the toilet by evening.....so I stopped. But with the muscle twitching and cramps and myalgia being new, I am going to try again.

I am not on a statin, it is not circulation(had that checked) on Magnesium 250 twice a day, and am well hydrated. So.....what can I lose? If I see it in the toilet..(cloudy urinne) I will just go everyother day. Thinking I need some with the Vit D 2000 eachday.

Labs are due and will add all this in the panel. Such a complex web we live in. Figuring what is the symptom what could be the tool to help. MD's always say, yes...try it. Well, you really become your own master carpenter* LOL. A toolbox to lug around.

I have 3 more days of Vacation and then back to the grind and stress of the office. It is amazing how busy you can be when you are home, the days get filled.

Today I have to bring the cat to the animal hospital for xray and urinary work up, she is urinating small and frequent...no cry but we are r/o stones. CRIPES can't I get away witht he bladder things with cats...this is cat#2 with issues. 300.00 for todays stuff and what to fix her will be ???$$$ Hmm.

Diet change coming I can tell. she is overweight like her Mom here......doc said ATKINS..I leaned over and "for both of us!"

Atkins is bad for us though , it dehydrates the muscles and is tough on the system..... so I really can't follow her.

We'll see what this afternoon tells me. I have the GC to watch by noon today...so bringing a bag of tricks and the new NANA'S COOKIES....egg biscuits for them as my MIL used to make for mine. So happy I have the recipe to share with them.

I can share it with you all if interested. They are fast to make and nutritious for the kids. NO ONE else will have em" not from a box. Made with LOVE.

OK...boring I know. That is MY day and I am sticking to it too.
Have or carve out a good day today, find a distraction and run with it. Walk with it....just try. Warm up, stretch out and move...if you don't move you will seize up and then it is only worse.

Hugs to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B.....so glad to hear the baby is adjusting ok...and all is well......and it is so important for baby and parents to bond.....especially during the first few months. A year is even better. She will indeed be spoiled by the end of the first year but that is ok as well. Babies are meant to be spoiled.

Nana B....I hope you will indeed share your recipe so that we can all try them. Making something good is always a good thing.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your days off. Try to get some good rest as well as enjoying the new little one.

Have a good week-end.

MiMi

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Good Morning Mimi, Nancy and all.. Mimi-- I hear you on doctors duplicating services. I was just thinking of this--since I am going to the spine dr next week AND the Neuro--there's a pretty good chance they would both want an MRI Of the same area. ?do you think, if I asked, they would share?

I'm glad you have a shot coming rather than major surgery--at least for a while. My mom used to get a shot of some kind of gel ? that cushioned her knees. I don't remember what she told me. But it helped some. She really should have got the knees done, but when I think on it more perhaps the surgery would have killed her even sooner than the heart attack she did have. Hard to say. God knows and He's not sharing the info, so I will have to be content with how He arranged things in her life.

Nancy--can you take the Calcium at night? I think I'm glad you wrote all your med stuff cuz I stopped taking my magnesium because of a side effect (more toilet talk-lol) but I was taking a big dose one time a day--perhaps a smaller one 2x like you do would be better. Also I haven't been taking calcium--and i know I should especially with the family history of things falling apart bone-wise so early in life.

Well I am feeling a bit better than I did earlier this week. Now that I am pretty sure Celebrex was also NOT the cause of my weird nocturnal symptoms I have started to take it again and it has caught up to me and with the help of my lovely lovely hot tub (I say that in jest-it is a kind of ugly one, but $200 you can't complain. ) I am feeling better.

I had put off some work for my etsy shop as my hands were just way too painful to start cutting and sanding a lot of wood. So I will have to work the weekend I think, and I will start cutting some wood today. I did use the time to draw some new designs so I have 9 new cake topper patterns, which is nice. Now I just need to make them--as well as the ones I have already sold.

I also have my 'farm style sink' filled to the top with dishes I didn't wash when my hands hurt. They were rinsed--so that's something. Anyhow I grabbed my last clean coffee cup this morning and looked guiltily at my sink and thought I really need to wash these today. I do not have a dishwasher here, Hubby says if he ever gets to move home permanently he will install one--actually he wants to do it now. I put him off because we have so many projects going for when he is home already--and because I think we'd have to remodel the whole kitchen to have room for one--and I do not want to do that. Dishes for one is what I normally do here and that is very little. This week I did have the grandkids one day, so there are more than usual.

Anyhow--my guilty secret-- I have 3 day old dishes in the sink.

Other news--I joined some free online college classes. They are history & writing classes. Perhaps there is a novel in me--or some short stories. we shall see..
Have a blessed day y'all!
Mary

dollbug replied to missist's response:
Hello Mary.....MiMi in NC...I was reading your post and I wanted to reply....the tests which doctors do are actually *our tests*....they belong to you and you can contact the place where you had them done and request a copy of them to take to your doctors....the insurance company will probably not approve of the same thing being done multiple times. (and to be honest, they shouldn't approve it)....most places have to get an approval from the insurance company for the *EXPENSIVE ONES*.

You should indeed try the magnesium again....probably need to cut the tablet in half and try that. I know it takes a while for your body to get adjusted to it....but it sure does help me. Dr. Oz says a lot of people do NOT get enough of magnesium and it is so very important for us. Too much though at one time will keep you on the toilet....(you know when this happens, you are taking too much)

I hope you will feel better soon. Oh and about the dishes....when I can not do mine....I just run some hot water and put them in to soak....and then it makes it a lot easier when I do eventually wash them. No one understands this UNLESS they have issues with the hands...but trust me, I understand.

Good luck with your online college classes....I did not like history when I was in HS....but writing courses sound interesting.

I have always wanted to share my *story* but actually I know *no one would believe it anyway*....some days I don't even believe what my family has endured.

Take care....and have a good Friday.

MiMi

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Mimi,
thank you. Actually I think I will ask the spine dr's office to reschedule me--in a few weeks. Then I can go to the neuro and see what they plan to do--& if it appears that it will have anything to do with my whole spine-- I can see about using any film with the spine dr. too.
The way things are, I see spine Dr first and Neuro the next day--so I think I'd rather see the Neuro first.
And boy do I ever understand what it is like to just put off doing dishes to avoid pain. There are a lot of 'little things' that I do to save my hands so I can use them for art and writing more. Little bitty things like not shutting inside doors all the way so I don't have to turn the doorknob repeatedly even. Crazy stuff.

Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
Coincidentally, I plan to take my old spine dr. mri film to see the neuro anyhow--that way if they want to compare anything in my neck or head they'll have something a few years old.

Seems like a smart idea.

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary,

That is a great idea! Comparing the old and new films will show whether there is anything new going on now. Even the chiropractor was glad to get the written reports on MRI and CT scans. I wish I could still get copies of the "spine X-ray series" that was done in the 70's and said my spine was "30 years older than you are, Bette."

Rearranging your appts. sounds like a doable plan. Then you'll get the most from both docs.

Go easy on yourself this weekend. (Have you tried opening the door under the sink and resting one foot in the cupboard while you prepare vegetables or do dishes? Helps relieve a little of the strain on your back.One tip from my rat-fink, size 8, blue-eyed, currently blond sister.)

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.