Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****9/22/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
So glad the rain is gone for now....MiMi in NC....and it sure did rain a lot yesterday. Not a good day for a birthday party which we had hoped would be outside. OMG....I am so glad that the sun will shine today and help dry things up again. My GS had a good party regardless though. They all had fun but it was crowded.

Here is hoping each of you had a good Saturday as well...and I hope we all have a good day today with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. Sorry that you are dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...but I am sure that soon each of you will indeed find something that will help you cope better. There are no quick fixes or magic pills that I am aware of but you will find lots of good *tools* here that perhaps will work for you to make life a bit better. Hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them.

Having a good doctor who understands and treats FM is a must. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also important. Dealing with pain every day is not a fun thing...I know that in the beginning it sure did cause me to be *ill*...in more than one way.

Drinking plenty of water every day is a good thing which just might make a big difference...as is eating right. I know that staying on a schedule of sorts helps me as well. Doing gentle exercises and/or stretches also helps the body...we FMers need to keep moving regardless of how much we hurt...to help our muscles from getting stiff. There are so many *little things* which just might make a BIG difference in the way you feel.

Vitamin D...as I always try to include this in most every post that I make...is so important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. It is just a simple blood test BUT you must ASK the doctor to run it.

I have also read that taking magnesium malate can make a difference for us FMers as well. I think this has certainly made a difference for me.

That's all folks. Have a great Sunday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily and Mimi,

I did send 2 pictures yesterday via firefox *not AOL that was key and I pasted like you said Mimi. BUT they are not here. Maybe the unknown moderator held it back? Then I thought it may take a day to get through like our pictures?

Oh well....last night I got to see pictures from a photographer friend who took pictures of her. OMG she is only 5 days old yesterday and the pictures were amazing. The outfits and postures....OMG. Poor thing probably wanted to sleep in her cradle and instead she is on a purple blanket with a purple flower on her head.....so cute though.

OK I promise I will not always talk about this baby.......

:0.

It rained hard last night so Mimi it came north to me! Now it is 60 and the sun is around the corner. I have a few things to finish up and it is a complete success being home. I got quite a few things done. I would be unstoppable if I had 4 hands or a partner over here......but I work with what I have.

Pain levels were back to normal last night. I just need to keep the toolbox handy to "take a shower and massage", an extra dose of meds, get out of the house and distract, get a massage. Even coffee out and watching people (who don't know you're watching) is a trick for me.

So the week begins tomorrow and I have alot waiting for me. It will all get done in time. Wish me luck as change is coming I think and it may not be good for me.

Hugs, NancyB

PalomaD82 responded:
Hi Mimi,

I heard the same thing about the magnesium. I am thinking of adding it to my "cocktail". I did up my vitamin d to 2000iu a day. It also has some vitamin b's as well. So, in time we will see if that helps. I also take Lyrica and Cymbalta. I did go a week without them and it was a noticeable difference which I wasn't expecting, so now I'm back on.

I am going to see a therapist next week who specializes in FM patients. Hopefully this means I will get plenty of good advice to share with all of you.

Looking forward to it!!! Paloma

fibroinsd responded:
Long day...I went to get mom and dad for breakfast and church. Dad was not doing well, but I figured with some pills in him he would be ok...we made it to breakfast...but not to church. By the time we got home, he was not good...I barely got him to the bed to rest...and another pill...he slept for an hour and a half..and seemed to be better at about 1:30 so I came home..we are about to leave to take dinner there...not sure what we will do now with dad...seems like if we get one thing done...(getting a pill to help his bladder problems..) ...then it is back to the falling over...

ugh...I am exhausted..and I know I can't talk to my sisters about it, because they will just say..."We told you to put them in assisted living.."...as if that was a real answer...

I feel very alone in all this..thanks for listening.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Ahh, what a day. My oldest sister needed help moving and asked everyone. I told her I would help, well knowing I would be one of the few. She said there would be young strong backs there to help, all of witch baled on her. Myself, my twin , and one dear old friend showed up.

I brought my old truck and trailer, we had a van with a trailer, and her car. We loaded them all to the gills, this took care of all vital items and all of the big stuff. I tried not to stop moving until the last item was unloaded. This was a wise decision. I knew it would be hard to get up after. Fortunately it was only a 15 minute drive to the new place. I will be a mess tomorrow. I knew what I was getting into, but also will not say no to someone in need as I mentioned before. It just feels good to help others.

Mimi, I am glad the GS had a great party despite the rain.

To everyone else, have a great night. I will be resting from this point forward.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.