Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
just to say
Anon_180791 posted:
My doctor has also declined to prescribe any pain meds for me thanks to the f d a cracking down on prescription abuse, which adds to my depression and initial pain as I feel like there is no hope of me getting any real relief. I have started trying homeopathic meds in conjunction with otc pain relievers and have gotten some relief from that combination, but what I'd really like is to have something that I can take when it gets so bad that I don't even want to move. I feel I wouldn't need something every day, but just those really bad times.

mnjeepguy responded:
I feel your pain, those who need cannot always get it because of those who abuse. This is the case with way too many topics these days. They used to give out pain meds too easily and I would save them from a surgery or tooth pain for when things were ugly. Now we can't even have them then.

bette_kaffitz responded:
Right you both are.

A few years ago, the American Pain Association added a pain level question to the vital signs checked at hospitals. I wonder what good it does to state your pain level if there is no way to alleviate that pain.

Bette

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
so hear what you all are saying... our freedom in life is being held back from us due to the stupidity of criminals who probably don't even feel pain... it is our right to pain relief... and no one else should have the right to take that away from us... my major fear is that i am going to be taken off my meds when i move... and i feel i sound like a drug seeker if i interview and ask do you believe in my right to pain relief even if it takes opiates... i have't had the guts to ask yet... but most importantly i shouldn't have to... none of us should have to fight for peace and pain relief...

enough of my lecture... but it will let you know i have written my congressman and senator for years and now i will redo it all again in NM...

i hope and pray something will change for us all...

love... jan/dakota

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.