Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****9/23/2013 ****Fall has arrived here in NC****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....Fall has arrived here in NC....it is a cool morning with temps in the 50's....nice weather this morning....there is a chance of showers today. Gosh we had our share of rain again on Saturday. I had no idea that it would rain so hard and so long. My son had rented one of those bounce outdoor trampoline for the children to play on....since they did not get to use it on Saturday they are leaving it until Tuesday now. My GC were able to have some fun on it yesterday. It is sad that the other children were unable to do this. They would have all had a ball. I think they did get to do the *silly string* and had fun with it.

I hope each of you had a good week-end ....and I hope we all have a good Monday with little to no pain.

My DD will have another birthday this week-end....and soon it will be time for the baby to be born. I sure hope everything is ok. My DIL had another ultrasound and there are still questions about the baby's kidney on one side. Seems to be some swelling there but the doctors think this will be an easy fix. I hope so. It is amazing just what they can do these days with a lot of medical issues. Years ago there might have been things like this as well but the technology was definitely not like it is today. So much improvement with a lot of things.

One has to wonder just why researchers can NOT figure out the wrath of the dragon and something that will cure it as well. I guess this will eventually happen but perhaps not in our lifetime.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that things will get better for you as you learn more about what other FMers has found that has helped them cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort so hang in here with us....ask questions and also check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day....and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Monday Morning all--Mimi & etc.
We did not get the rain Mimi talks of down here in SC--so I do need to water my outside plants today. We are cooler but I'm thinking probably high 60s, Haven't checked the weather but have stepped out to let dogs in and out. We had a blustery bit of a 'pretend' rain storm the other night, lots of huffing and puffing but not much water.

I've got a spine dr visit tomorrow and a neuro on wed. afternoon and an echo of my heart on wed. morning. Had planned to take grand daughter to the library wed. morning for story time--but if I resched the echo it will still be a wed. morning that's the only time they do them-so might as well get i it over with. She is 3, and I dont' think will notice this time that Gramma postponed her event.

I would really like to get a lot more accomplished in my etsy shop, its so hodge podge--just like me. I have the worst time staying on target and focussed. I think it will need to be a major goal for me this fall. Figure out what it is I need to do to stay on track with my work.

I've made the nice to-do list in my Windows Outlook program--that is good so I don't worry about a lot of things-instead I schedule them, so that way either I get them done or it was a deliberate decision to wait on them.

Now I just need to figure out how to run my business just as well.

I'm thinking there are some habits I need to conquer and some choices to make about how to use time.

so that's on my mind today. I also have been telling myself forever and ever to get some paper items in the shop-- less working with wood. For my future direction I think that is a must-- my hands will only stand up to so much wood working & I need to have things that I can sell that I don't have to do all that every time. But--the wood is cute and I love it--just need to love other things too.

All these things. Trying to take control of my life better. God willing my pain level will stay as good as it is under current RX's and I'll be able to get a handle on more things.

Hopefully also whatever my head issue is is something treatable or fixable. So it doesn't knock me off my stride and I have to start all over again.

I can see why so many with this disorder get frustrated. It seems to encompass so much more of life than just pain. depression, anxiety, fibro fog-- etc. are just as debilitating I think.

Well I have some good solutions I'm sure I'll get the rest in place too.

God Bless All today--hope you are feeling productive and useful and not too under the weather!
mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary, good luck at the spine Dr. tomorrow. I know this means a lot to you. Let's get some answers!

Bette

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Thanks Bette.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
sounds busy mimi... and missist you sound right on top of things just don't forget to pace yourself... even on good days...

i wrote a message about most of my day... i had a sleepless night and a counselling appointment to die for... talk about work...

cried over my son's suicide attempt and shared my diary thru that time...

cried over my brother's loss... and how i lost him years ago... when i married a black man and he disrespected that... and how i reached out to him and he turned away...

and how leaving my 2 son's and grandchildren feel like i am leaving 4 children fo i helped raise ethan an hailey... my grand children are more than that...

and how starting over opens new scary doors... but doors i have to open...

and how sad i am to lose people who have helped me take care of myself... her dr's etc...

it was a whopper of a meeting... and i was glad it was over... but i told her of my new goals... continuing my self help... and helping others...

that brings me to me next message what i plan to do with my new life... i think it is good news and a positive outlook for myself... just wanted to share it with you... i have been focused on so much negative in my life i jumped to do something for me... and share it with you...

hope you all have had a good day... mine has been an insight to myself... and very revealing... in a positive manner...

thank God for adversity... and problems to succeed from...

take care... love jan/dakota

missist replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Great Insight there Jan! I'm thinking of a problem as I sit here tonight--going to bed finally soon, but here's my new problem. I am having a terrible time cutting my wood for my shop. My hands I guess are weaker--it is hard to control my little scroll saw-and-- somewhere in that situation I have lost the desire to do it. BUT-- I've been thinking all along that someday this would happen, just thought it would be a lot further in future.

Anyhow-- realized that if I did not have to cut and sand wood--my etsy work would be a lot easier and I wouldn't tire so fast as I wouldn't be using as much energy.

so--I've put the shop on vacation mode for the time being--I'm going to try to do some drawings/paintings that I can sell in print or card form. We shall see... I still have 2 orders that I have to make, in wood--maybe they will be the last for a while.

we shall see..

bette_kaffitz replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Jan,

You are so right about new beginnings being kind of scary. But they are so full of promise, too.

Doing something new takes a lot of courage, but you have already shown you have plenty of that. You have had many bad days in your life, but you have always been willing to go forward from them. And so you were able to go forward.

You are a strong woman in an exciting place in your life. How exhilarating! How wonderful! How scary? No. How new. Your world is new. It's like a beautiful, crisp, clean day after a horrible storm. Breathe it in. Savor it. (But, of course, since there is fibro in the mix, pace yourself, too.)

Bette

debrabrooks1960 replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Dear Jan,

I did not know you have gone through so much. I wish you only the best in your new life. Our struggles in life is what makes us strong. So I know you must be one strong woman. I had to do the same thing this year. I finally got a divorced and my life is so much happier and more peaceful. Just take things one day at a time and savor all the good things that I know will come your way.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.