Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercise Intolerance
missist posted:
I'm just wondering how much of my exercise intolerance is due to fibromyalgia and how much 'might' be my heart or something else.

So.. trying to get a handle on this, thought it might be useful to compare to others--although I do know that it isn't always a good thing as we are all different, I'm looking for a measure to talk to my dr about it.

Mary

Take the Poll

Describe what your day is like after a 30 minute average speed walk.
  • Fine, I can do that or more most days.
  • I'd need to rest a few minutes then I'd be fine.
  • I'd need to rest an hour, then I'd be fine.
  • I'd take a nap, then pace myself the rest of the day.
  • I'd be so tired that even after a long nap I would have problems.
vote
View Poll Results

Anon_2912 responded:
I don't have time during the day and when I get home from work, well, NOT going to lie...

I am just to lazy to do it.....

I convince myself that I get my exercise at work and cleaning my house. I don't actually technically workout....

fibroinsd replied to Anon_2912's response:
I go over to a health club..and I walk on the tread mill about 30 min. at least three times per week...I never look forward to it..but DH gets me there...and it is good for me..I had to work up to 30 min...and it took awhile to get there.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.