Skip to content
a new life for me...
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
came across a lot of stressful area in my life lately... my son attempted suicide and was brought back to us... my other son lost his job which moved my moving date up 2 months... my brother fighting for his life and choosing to die... i have difficult health problems and now a broken arm... to pack and move with... my life changing 3 fold if not more...

i started reading a book called "successful women think differently"... it has 7 goals in it that i am dedicating myself to... i actually already live by these decisions but not consistently and not with the purpose to find a better knowledge of myself...

1... not downsizing my dreams... i need to expect more of my life... accepting it as it is... and choose faith over fear... i want to reach out to people and touch them in special ways... using my experiences to help them when needed...

2... focus on solutions not problems... seeing problems as opportunities of growth...

3... choosing to be "authentic"... being myself for all i can be... it takes less effort she says in the book... just takes a lot of courage... but i aim to be the best me possible...

4... choose courage over fear... as fear causes me to rationalize myself right out of those good ideas...and keeps me from what i really want...

5... choose relationships wisely and nurture them intentionally... knowing i need people and they need me... giving to others of myself... offering support... kindness... and love... most importantly... "don't go it alone"... i give of myself but receiving is a problem for me... but deep down i know my happiness and energy come from healthy relationships...

6... accept feedback from others eve when i don't like it... and ask myself "is there truth behind this..." and use it to grow...

7... know my purpose and take daily action towards it... consistently do these steps and continue to take the steps in the right direction... knowing that it will eventually get me to my destination...

knowing i am a good person isn't enough for me... being able to reach out to you and others for help and to help is something else... i know i come here and reach out and help... but then i disappear... i need you consistently... i need to give of myself when i am afraid to reach out fearing what you think...

this is me everyone... the me that needs you and needs to be here for you... this is me who i need to respect and know and love enough to be able to do just that...

thanks for listening hope maybe this might help you too...

by the way i am typing with a finger on each hand now... my poor right hand has callouses and my left broken one needs exercise... lol...
lol...

let life go on... i also just found out i need to leave a day early... which means my daughter drives in om monday and we leave that afternoon... an appointment she has to be home for by 8 am... long day and night...

let life come on... i feel ready for it for the first time in years...

thanks for being here... take care... love jan/dakota

fibroinsd responded:
nice post Jan....

I feel like I have let fear stop me so many times...to see this as a new start..a new opportunity...bless you...

and I hope and pray God blesses you and your family...you all could use a fresh start...

I pray this is a great new road for you all...and that you see the Holy Spirit sending people to you to help you on your way.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.