Skip to content
Tuesday *****9/24/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is a cool fall day....yes, I do think Fall has definitely arrived, at least for a while. I guess we will see IF indeed it stays. I am hoping for a nice long enjoyable fall.

The stores are gearing up for Christmas....and it is still September. Can you believe this? I think the holiday season gets earlier and earlier each and every year. Funny how there are some people who want to do away with some things but there are others who then want to start it earlier than ever before. It is what it is. I love Christmas time as I think it is a good time of the year. Some people seem to change during this time of the year. It is sad that this is not the way people should and could be the rest of the year, caring and giving.

So much going on everywhere. With the internet these days, we have both the good and the bad and a lot of it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all....with little to no pain. I think this is what we all strive for.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. There are no quick fixes. Everything is a process with dealing with the wrath of the dragon....so hang in there and figure out what you want to try....because you never know what just might make a difference in how you feel. I know that when I started I had no idea how some of the *little things* could change my level of pain. Taking a hot shower right before bedtime using lavender bath salts....which help the body to relax so that you can sleep better. Sleep is so important to us FMers.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more....is a valuable thing for me. There are times when I do NOT remember to do this, as I can get distracted and forget....but I soon realize what I have done and I pay for doing it. This is so very important for me to remember that I am NOT the person I use to be. Lifting anything heavy is not a good thing for me. Sometimes this is really hard as I use to move furniture around to clean. Well, I can no longer move furniture around. DH now gets to move things for me.

I use to love to do yard work but my strength has changed this as well. Pulling weeds is not a good thing for me to do. So I now just spray them. Planting flowers in pots is now what I do....much easier than digging in the ground.

Drinking a lot of water each day and watching what I eat is also a must for me. Keeping a schedule of sorts is also important. Going to bed and getting up around the same time each day....as well as eating meals.

Sometimes, little things can make a BIG difference in how we feel. When I have pain which refuses to ease up on my body I reach for the *stopain spray*....it is good stuff.

Taking vitamins and supplements is how I *control my FM pain*.

So here are a few *tools* that just might help you cope better. We are all different and what helps one person may or may not work for another. Only you will know when you have found what works for you.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked......which is important to a lot of people these days.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Tuesday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Hello FMily - it's Hump-Day Eve! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!!)

Cold here in southeastern New England, 54 right now and going up only to 68. Fall is only a couple days old and I already dove into the cedar chest and pulled out a 3/4-sleeve shirt. Does this foretell a cold winter?

I'm doing parent stuff today. I finally spoke with Dad's doctor last night, and he'll be visiting Dad either tomorrow or Thurs. I maintain it's not my responsibility to tell Dad that we won't be going home. I had to temper that with the fact that Dr Ed lost his father (Dr Frank) three weeks ago. I don'y know how Dad will take the news. I'm going to get all my sibs together tomorrow and make sure they all know what's going on. In the meantime, I have to get the financial paperwork and fill it out.

So my stress level is through the roof. I started PT last week, and when the therapist touched my back, he said, wow, you're really tight." Really? Tight?? ME??? LOL My PT homework takes about an hour to do, and I'm trying to get some done when I'd doing other things. I can stretch and work too, right?

I have a couple things to do, then I'm back on the road. I wish you all the best day you can possible have,
Lou

katmandulou responded:
Hello FMily - it's Hump-Day Eve! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!!)

Cold here in southeastern New England, 54 right now and going up only to 68. Fall is only a couple days old and I already dove into the cedar chest and pulled out a 3/4-sleeve shirt. Does this foretell a cold winter?

I'm doing parent stuff today. I finally spoke with Dad's doctor last night, and he'll be visiting Dad either tomorrow or Thurs. I maintain it's not my responsibility to tell Dad that we won't be going home. I had to temper that with the fact that Dr Ed lost his father (Dr Frank) three weeks ago. I don'y know how Dad will take the news. I'm going to get all my sibs together tomorrow and make sure they all know what's going on. In the meantime, I have to get the financial paperwork and fill it out.

So my stress level is through the roof. I started PT last week, and when the therapist touched my back, he said, wow, you're really tight." Really? Tight?? ME??? LOL My PT homework takes about an hour to do, and I'm trying to get some done when I'd doing other things. I can stretch and work too, right?

I have a couple things to do, then I'm back on the road. I wish you all the best day you can possible have,
Lou

katmandulou replied to katmandulou's response:
Sorry this posted twice - it told me I had to repost. 8-(

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon...

Things are not much different around here..sunny and warm..and I am still dealing with mom and dad...Lou..you and me both..seems like everyone wants us to do all the hard stuff, eh?

Lou...cute pic...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Tuesday to all,

I have not been on for a few days. I have had a bad headache for 3 days. I went to work and then would come home and go to bed. Luckily tonight I am felling better. It is still very warm here in north Florida. Usally around 90 degrees. I am looking forward to cooler weather coming. I do not like the heat. But it is worth having heat in the summer so I can enjoy cool weather all winter. We have no ice and very little snow. They say it will snow about once every 10 to 15 years. That is just fine with me!

I hope everyone will have a wonderful week. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.