Skip to content
glknapp
dollbug posted:
Hello....I decided to start a new post to you....I was reading your comment on a very old post.

I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. Living with the wrath of the dragon is not fun...but there are things that you can do that might help you cope better. One thing is to learn how to pace, pace and pace even more. Another thing is to drink plenty of water. We, FMers, must also keep moving...regardless of just how slow it might be. Do some stretches and some gentle exercises...as this will help your muscles not to get stiff. You might also want to try some Stopain Spray...(walmart for under $10)...this is good stuff for places which you just can NOT seem to get eased no matter what you do.

Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts right before bedtime helps the body to relax so that you can sleep better...as sleep is so very important to all of us FMers. Some people also sleep on a foam mattress pad which might help you as well. (I sleep in a recliner, not by choice though)

Also, have you talked to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked? This is really important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

OK...just a few *tips* that perhaps you can try. Hang in there...I am sure you will find something that will help you cope better soon.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.