Skip to content
Why is our pain worse at night?
debrabrooks1960 posted:
I was just wondering if anyone knows why my pain is worse at night. I noticed that if I lay down in the day time for a nap that I do not hurt. But let me go to bed when it is dark, I start to hurt, itch and burn right away. I have never understood what night time has to do with pain. I wish I could work all night and sleep all day. I wonder if my pain would be better. Sadly working night shift is not possible for me. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this or am I the only one this happens to.
Thanks,
Debbie Lewis
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

missist responded:
good question. I'm always stiffest in the morning and at night too. very definite difference.

I tried a 3rd shift job--for 2 days.. could not do it, I was dizzy.

1Secretary responded:
I can be uncomfortable but able to manage my pain during the day. I can even feel fine during the evening at home. However, when I go to sleep, that's when the pain flares terribly. I can feel all the nerves tingling in my arms and legs and then can't find a comfortable position to sleep in. Usually, I'll get up and go into the living room to read for a while, until I feel drowsy enough to fall asleep. Sometimes I try sleeping on the couch for a couple of hours. I'll also sing hymns, pray and quote Scripture to myself as I try to find a comfortable position. Night time can be difficult. I always wonder where the pain comes from.

nononsenselady replied to 1Secretary's response:
Won't your doctor give you any sleeping meds or anxiety medicine to help you sleep?

Laurie

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.