Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****9/29/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is a nice fall like day this morning....cool with clear skies. The end of this month is here so indeed it is time for cooler weather.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us....with little to no pain.

So much going on around the country....I guess we are all just more aware since we have the internet now. Sometimes, I think we actually know a lot more than we should or even care to know. But it is what it is. The internet is such a good place to get a lot of good information as well. So perhaps it is a wash. I can hardly remember what it was like when there were no computers. I can also imagine what like might have been years ago when I was in high school had we had computers them. Funny to even think about things like this and just how much everything has changed.

Change is good, most of the time, for the most part. It is indeed a never ending story....more is better or so it seems. The modern technology devices continue to try to out do another. The phones continue to change with more available for people to use.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* as you will find some things that perhaps you have not thought of trying. You never know what just might make a difference in how you feel, until you do a trial and error process with *tools* that might work.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about checking this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I would also suggest that you do some research on this as well. It is quite interesting just how much the medical researchers have found that it can affect.

I know that there is a lot going on with some of our members. I hope things soon get better for all of you. Please keep these in your thoughts and prayers. Linda I hope you are feeling better by now and that recovery will be quick for you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Sunday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and Fmily,

Loving this time of year...baked yesterday and handed out the goodies (so DH won't be picking at them) the house smelt so good! Mmmm.

I had such a low pain day yesterday I had to really watch myself to not do too much. I got some little/but big projects done....the switch in the TV room needed changing and when I pulled out the wires they were both black...so I froze (wires were out of the wall for a week) DH called an electritian that was "busy" so I spoke with Sis and she said just get a meter...a little pen that lights to tell the LIVE(HOT) line. Well 4.99 and I found the live wire and did it myself.....(such a good feling)

Didn't think of that....was looking for white black, or red black and the ground...so anyway. Did that and got the globe over the light in the spare room......that's a long time (hard to find) but done. Brought bags to Good Will, returned Cat food to the Feed Barn..(as the calories are too high for Sela) and we have to change to something to not make stones.....

She had surgery Thursday and did so well. 1 1/2" scar on the abdomen and all shaved.....stressed Thursday night when I got her home...but is herself as of Friday morning and to now. Site looks good.......it was 1200.00 ! (Yikes) DH has no idea..
I have to be in prevention mode now.....and keeping her sugars well...it was 180! Now 104....exercise her too, she is so chubby (like me) I knew I was going to be yelled at.

Got to see the baby yesterday they came to pick up cookies and I got to stare at Emily (she just sleeps right now) Little wake time....growing well and is a good baby......hurray...

I hope she fares well with this syndrome. I really don't want them to have hardship and challenges...the deli is enough of a albatrosss to handle for them. What is that saying " what doesn't break you makes you stronger"...The store is so busy and the staff waxing and waning so it is back breaking work.....overhead is high and he keeps the prices low....(hence busy) but it is just crazy with what they deal with.

(Like how about a Christening told to us for last Sat)...all the trays done and then delivered....to find out at the door...THEY MEANT SUNDAY!!! My DH said no way did you say that as delivering that would have been after we are closed...so it would have been a flag to me........(guess who ate the error as they didn't want to make a stink! ) Sometimes it is good business to swallow things and sometimes it is poor business management.

We are a small town and so many know us for years.....it kills me to see some of the things people do. We open at 7am. (I need this by 7 as I am going into the city or to the Island...) well then instead of arriving at 6:30 for DH...it is 5:30...if it is hot foods or a breakfast spread or footer hero's....as you have the norm to do plus that work. DH and Tom will not say no.

OK...see Cory I can rant too.....My work and issues are nothing compared to them. I have mental games, theirs are physical and mental issues that they get into with people. Serving the public can be very challenging.....especially these days. People have no clue when they ask for things what it means to the person they ask it of......

OK, enough Nan.....not as painfree this a.m but will head to the shower and start with my tools and try to get *UP and OUT*.
The upgrade of iOS7 for my phone changed the iPad as well and it now needed a sign on code..?? well I didn't get it and not I am locked out. I have to go to Connecticut to the Apple store to have them release it! CRAP....so lots to do. Next week apple picking is in the weekend mix! Good Stuff...

Hugs to all.....hope to hear you had a better day today!
Keep pushing our dragon away.....stick him in the eye!! Kick him in the gut and break away!! Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It is another amazing day outside. The sun is bright, light wind, and 69 degrees. Not bad for the end of September. I am watching bits of the Vikings game in London. I am not a sports fan but watch a home team game now and again.

We took our walk this morning on the 3.5 mile loop. The knees were sore but gotta move. Once home I nibbled at the basement or should I say dungeon. It is only 1/3rd the size of the house and only has a walk out to the outside, no indoor access. It holds the utilities and washer/dryer, as well as whatever else needs to disappear. Well, it's not that big but it's time to purge it again. I did pace, I only worked on it for about a half hour. The bees did not die nor did they move out so some dodging was involved. I will have to try something else to remove them. I made enough room where the ACs go. The pain level kicked in strong so I am taking a good break before pulling them out.

I know it's alright to rant here, just feel some guilt when I do. It's just how I am. I love that we can share it all without criticism. I have so few channels to do so.

I am struggling with depression currently. Mainly because I can not do what I used to or want to any longer. I worry about the long cold winter. I may need to talk to the Dr to see if there is anything I can take to help that will not cause too many issues. My DW is anti-antidepressant. I took one that did not fare well for the household. It will be a challenge to sell her the idea but I need to do something about it, weather it be a life change or a coping device. This is usually my happiest time of year.

I am having a decent day, I hope you are too. Take care everyone.

Cory

Anon_10089 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory-

First of all, I think you are one of the most positive people here. And in saying that, I don't mind when people are negative or need to vent! You always seem to end your posts with a silver lining.

I wanted to see if you've tried wellbutrin as an antidepressant. It doesn't usually do much for pain, but I've taken it before and restarted it recently. I find it doesn't have bad side effects for me, it's not hard to come off so it's a better one for seasonal depressions. It affects dopamine and norepinephrine. It helps me a lot with energy. Research it, if you get a chance.

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Oh, Cory! This is the only place you CAN rant, rave, moan, groan, and otherwise let off steam.

Feel free anytime.

The bees' nest MAY be easier to deal with at night. They're usually all at home then. Ask the folks at a real hardware store what to use. (None of us like to use poison, but there are times when it must be done.) Just keep pets and humans away from the area.

We had another of hubby's turkeys for Sunday dinner. I love using the electric roasting pan--especially during the summer.
DS brought a new gir and her daughterl to share the meal with us, younger son is still home until next weekend, and our widower friend came too. There is still 2 dinner's worth of bird and enough for soup too left. And that was 1/2 of a turkey.

I'm recovering nicely from all that work. Thank goodness for Sara Lee and her pies!

Bette

meg_k replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Cory,

My DH told me I needed to simply "push through" when I was having Fibro fatigue. I tell you this in order to point out that sometimes our loved ones just don't get it. They are loving and trying to help, but their help isn't always helpful.

Anti-depressants are life-saving drugs for many of us. There is so much stigma that goes along with depression which I think has a lot to do with people being anti treatment.

Nobody would be "anti" diabetes drugs -- they are accepted as medically necessary. But so are psych meds. Diabetes is a disease of the pancreas. Depression is a disease of the nervous system. They are both chronic illnesses that are very treatable but simply impact different organs. Like diabetes, depression can kill you if not treated. I cannot tell you how much better my life is now than before medication. I can deal with life now.

I currently take 60 mg Cymalta once a day and 100 mg Wellbutrin 2 times a day. I have tried pretty much every antidepressant on the market. You may have to try a few to figure out what works for you. There will be ups and downs until you find one that works, but it will be worth it.

Also, since we both apparently live in MN, I should tell you I am trying a light box for the first time this year. You may have heard of them...they provide some artificial exposure to spectrums of natural light we don't get enough during our dreary cloudy dark winters here. If you are dreading winter already bc you know it will be hard moodwise, ask your Dr. about a light box! I will let you know how it goes once I get mine. I am told it will not result in a suntan, unfortunately for pale me!

Meg K.

mnjeepguy replied to meg_k's response:
Thanks you Meg. Great ideas and a great help. You are right about the stigma. My wife was very difficult in the beginning but is getting better at understanding.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.