Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****9/30/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is a nice fall morning on the last day of Sept here....high of 76* and it is going to be nice the rest of the week....with it being in the low 80's....actually no rain predicted until the week-end which they say will be light showers, if any. I am enjoying this kind of weather. No fans needed now although I do keep the one in my kitchen on just to circulate the air. We just put it up this summer and it has helped a lot.

I do hope each of you had a nice peaceful and restful week-end and I hope we all have a good day today. I kept my GS for a while so his parents could go for a massage and out to dinner. He was really very good for me. He wanted me to download some game so he could play on the computer but I was not able to do this. So he watched cartoons.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better. You should also remember though that we are all different and what helps one person may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found the *right combination of tools* that works for you.

I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to *control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well*....it took me a long time but I did it and it is still working. On occasion I have to tweak this for a day or two but for the most part this is what works for me. Now only if I could find something that would help the chronic fatigue....I am still looking though trying to find something that will work.

Vitamin D....again I want to remind those who have not gotten your level checked....this is a good start. Low Vitamin D might cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. So speak to your doctor about this. It just might make a *BIG* difference for you as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a good Monday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will surely thank you for doing this.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
morning Mimi and all...so glad I got a chance to come on here and say hello..

I got home from work on Friday to find out my dad was in the ER. I guess he was fairly unresponsive..they called 911 and spent most of the day in the ER. They said it was just low blood pressure and sent him home. I suspected it to be from a fairly new pill given to him to fix a bladder problem...so one problem got fixed and it caused another..grrrrrrrrrrr...so, I didn't give him the bladder pill on Sat. or Sun. and by Sunday night he seems to feel a little better. Caregiver arrived this morning...so I came home to clean up...get groceries and get reorganized. I am hopeful he will be better this afternoon...

This caused us to sleep there for the last two nights. The bed is small and we don't sleep well..so that will be another reason we are exhausted. Luckily, I didn't have to go to work today as it is a non-student day..but I will need to go tomorrow.

I have to go run an errand for DH at about 2 pm today..shortly..and then go to the dentist at 3 pm and then get back to mom and dad's...I think I am tired already.

I am hopeful that we will fix dinner and get mom and dad to bed by 8 pm and maybe be able to come home and sleep here..depending on how they are doing.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece,

I know caring for your parents is a labor of love, but it is still tiring. And yet, we do it. I guess this means your parents raised you right. (At least, to my way of thinking.)

I never begrudged the scheduling I had to perform to spend every other Wednesday to Sunday with my mom. It was time I cherish, those last 6 months. I did not cherish the 600 mile round trip. Seemed like I was just recuperated from one trip when it was time for the next one.

My younger son gets lightheaded and sometimes faints if he stands up too quickly. Sitting on the edge of the bed for a minute before he stands up fixes things. It might help your dad, too.

Try to get some rest now.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. it was almost 75 here today. Very nice, sunny, another very nice day. It is supposed to change soon so I will gladly take it. The frost is coming this weekend.

I went to bed at 8:30 because I was dozing off. I am usually up until 10:30. I must have needed it because I as out cold in minutes and didn't move until morning. I woke still beat up, but the day went fairly well at work. The DW had studies to do so I made dinner and ran an errand with my oldest son. It was a good day overall.

Cece, I agree with Bette, they must have raised you right.

Have a good night everyone, take care.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.