Skip to content
Hump Day *****yes....this is what day it is* 10/2/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....it is too darn early for anyone to be up....and this is the 3rd time I have been up and about today....not good for the mind or the body. MiMi in NC and it is going to be a very long day. Well, at least it is dry....I have Harley girl here with me and for whatever reason she decided she needed me to get up early this morning. Now most of the time she needs something but I think she only wanted me up as it did not seem like she needed to go out. She decided later that she needed to eat before 5 am. Really? She ate last night so I am not quite sure what this was all about either.

Yesterday I had a strange day as well. But I guess I was NOT the only one. So much going on everywhere.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a better day for us all, with little to no pain.

It is really very *quiet* here this morning. I have to wonder if this is the *quiet, before the storm*. Not much telling.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*...and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well. All sorts of good info for things that perhaps you have not thought of trying. Sometimes it takes something very simple to use that just might make a BIG difference in the way you feel. I think most of us though actually use a *combination of tools* in order to cope better. I use vitamins and supplements and other things as well.

Have you found something that really works for you and makes your life easier? IF so, I encourage you to share it with the FMily....as it just might help another person as well.

Vitamin D....for those of you who have NOT gotten your Vitamin D level checked....I encourage you to do so as it just might make a difference in your pain levels. Low Vitamin D is a cheap fix but it might take a while to get your levels to within the normal range and keep it there. Everything dealing with the wrath of the dragon is a process which does take time and effort. Hang in there though as things do change. A person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever they decide to try before making a decision as to whether or not it is working.

We have missed those FMers who have not posted in a while. I hope things are getting better for each of you. I hope you will post when you can.

That's all.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

TurtleRunnerNC responded:
Good morning Mimi - no sleep here either. Caffine too late in the day, up to go to the bathroom 6000 times and a cat that wouldn't shut up did me in LOL ,

Work is busy. Weather here in NC is amazing. I have a half marathon on the 12th that I have been training for, trying to keep rested and avoid a flare.

Hope everyone is well. Wednesdays are very busy for me. Will try to check in
Turtle

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. I slept well, but woke at 6 on my day off. I have a long run ahead. 4 night shifts, 12hrs off, then 4-8hr days. It will be interesting. I hope the plant runs well for me.

We are supposed to get a couple inches of rain this weekend. We are dry here but that might get a little messy. The temps will be dropping as well and out warm fall will be over.

Next weekend my oldest son and I are planning the last Jeep trip of the year to a park about an hr and a half away. It is a publicly open area that will be closed forever in December. It will be nice to go there one last time.

It's about time to revisit the Dr, I keep thinking about it but have not made an appointment yet. I will make it a goal for the day.

I think I took care of the bees. They kept coming back. I did use what the local hardware store recommended. The first round helped but not for long. The second slowed them and right after I sealed up the hive with some serious calk called Lexel. It's like glue and impervious. I could not get at the hive directly so hopefully they don't find another way out.

Mimi and Turtle, I hope you have an easy day and get some good sleep tonight. To everyone, have a great day.

Cory.

meg_k replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Happy Hump Day, Everyone.

Slept ok last night, except Dear Hubby can't get rid of his cough so that makes for intermittent waking for both of us.

Folks, this week I have been having weirdness. I finally have completed the shift from coffee to black tea to green tea and I have to say I have noticeably less fatigue. My brother (who has CFIDS) had told me to try this, that it really helped him. As much as I hate to admit it, he was right.

At the same time, I have had the worst pain this week that I've had in a long time. I know it's the time of month, but I can't remember it being this bad in this past. I know it will pass, but it's hard right now.

It's a weird reversal for me. I'm usually the one with bad fatigue and pretty well controlled pain. Not this week.

Health and Happiness to you all.

Meg K from MN

dollbug replied to meg_k's response:
Hello Meg...MiMi in NC...ok...so I am now wondering...do you have chronic fatigue? Do you think coffee had something to do with the fatigue and that the green tea helps it?

More pain is a sign of something not right...I would definitely watch this. Do not know IF you keep a journal or not...but this is a good way to keep up with what may or may NOT make a big difference in the way you feel. Keeping track of how you feel, what you eat and what you do...especially new tools that you are trying out for the first time.

I am just interesting to know more about what you posted.

I do hope your pain gets better soon.

MiMi

meg_k replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi, not sure.

My doctor has dx me with Fibro and Fibro/Chronic Fatigue variously at times. I do have more symptoms than just fatigue, though often this is my worst symptom.

I also have Ehlers Danlos, type 3, ("ED") which is a hereditary joint hypermobility and other connective tissue syndrome that can also cause pain. I have yet to completely unwind the relationship between ED and my pain. I think of ED as one of the triggers that caused Fibro bc I had chronic pain for a long time w/o other symptoms which I attribute to the ED.

But it is interesting my bro has CFIDS. To me it suggests a genetic link btwn Fibro and CFIDS, or as my bro has observed, "Both women and men get chronic fatigue symptoms but women more often seem to get pain along with it." He is so smart. I think there is truth to this, and, of course, exceptions.

Regarding coffee. Yes! I do think it impacts fatigue. My Chinese Medicine Practitioner has been telling me for years also (in addition to my brother telling me -- yes, I am stubborn and don't listen) to give it up and switch to tea. She (and some Western MD's/endocrinologists also say) that coffee -- and potentially any caffeine, but also specifically coffee, even decaf -- is damaging to adrenal health or "kidney energy" as Chinese Medicine would say. Of course adrenal health is very much implicated in our symptoms. If Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal problems are part of Fibro, then it makes sense why omitting coffee could help restore some balance to this system.

I will let you know if I continue to feel more energy. And I will track my pain and keep an eye on it. Good advice.

Thanks, Dollbug.

Thanks Meg for replying....I was curious about this since I am not a coffee consumer now. I use to be when I worked in the bank - drank a couple of cups of black coffee in the mornings. The doctor said I had fibrocystic breast disease and that I needed to give up the caffeine...so I now drink plenty of water and that is about all I drink, for the most part. I do drink a small can of pineapple juice but not every day. Perhaps I need to try the green tea. \

I have tried lots of things thinking I can find something that will indeed help the chronic fatigue...but so far, I have not found anything which I think has truly helped me.

Have you tried Fibro Response or magnesium malate? I have found that these help my FM pain, along with Omegas and the P5P that I take. I use to take the super b complex but I only take the P5P and B 12.

I am sorry that your brother is having to deal with the fatigue. I am sure this is very hard on him.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi

MiMi.

Actually, my brother is doing great. I think he would say he has to watch out for/avoid flares by avoiding caffeine, alcohol, working too much, not exercising the right amount, making sure he sleeps well, but he can go for stretches of time feeling normal or close to normal. So that is good news. He has found things that work for him. Of course we are all different.

Can you tell me more about Fibro Response and magnesium malate? I have heard of the latter, but not the former. What are they taken for, and how much?

Thanks, Meg.

Fibro Response is actually a *supplement* for FM. Magnesium Malate is the same. I purchase the Source Naturals brand and they are found at vitamin store.

I did all sorts of research myself on the internet and talking with the people at the Vitamin Store as well.

I only take 1 pill of each, every day. I think a person can actually take more...but as long as this dose helps me then I think less is indeed sometimes better.

In the beginning I tried other prescription medicines but was unable to take them due to side effects of one thing or another.

Everyone has to do a *trial and error process* to see what might help them cope better. I have learned how to *control my pain by taking these supplements, plus others.

You might even be able to check these supplements out on the internet.

I am glad that your brother has found things that has helped him cope. I continue to look for something to help with my chronic fatigue too.

Take care.

MiMi

MiMi, do they help with pain, fatigue, or both? Safe? Meg.

Hello Meg, I have taken them for years now and I take them for pain. I do not think they do anything at all for the chronic fatigue I have. As for them being *safe*....I would think they are as safe as anything else a person can take over the counter. I have talked to my doctor about this and he knows what I take. He still does not believe that I can *control my pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. Am I painfree? Nope....and I do not expect to be. But I can sure tell a BIG difference if I do not take the supplements and vitamins. Off and on I have had surgery where I had to be off everything for a week before surgery and yes....I sure could tell a difference.

Again I have not found anything that has really made a difference in the chronic fatigue that I have. And there are some days which are worse than others. I have no idea why. I have tried to track this but nothing makes any sense to me. I am sure stress affects this. And I have been dealing with a lot of *family issues* for several years now.

I would like to remind you that you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to try before making up your mind to whether or not it is working for you. I would also add that when I started I only started one thing at a time.....(just so I would know what was causing any sort of side effects).

I would suggest that you do your own research, perhaps speak to your doctor about it. Some of the things I have tried was me watching Dr. Oz and what he had said about them.

I know he said that a lot of people do not get enough magnesium. I have also read that it helps headaches as well. I know that I no longer have many at all now. I had a lot of them before I had my cervical (neck) surgery.

Take care.

MiMi

Thanks MiMi.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.