Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to be strong... Not doing to well at it..,
sparkyar posted:
Struggling.. That seems to be the only word I can describe myself today...heck the last few months... I just feel like throwing myself on to the bed and sobbing.. I live in the Midwest/south region we have a major cold front coming through and I have had a headache and a full fibro flare for several days now.. Nothing helps none of my scripts or OTC meds... Nothing!!! Not to mention I have to work three nights this week starting tomorrow.. Frustrated I guess would be a better word to describe myself.. I now understand how my father felt when the cancer ate through his bones and he hurt so bad that he tried to throw himself out of the car on to a freeway.. I am SO tired of hurting like this!!!! Not to mention the fatigue I am exhausted ALL the time my house is literally falling apart and I don't have enough energy to clean one room let alone the whole house! My family is not much help they just expect things to be done.. Sorry to vent on everyone I just feel awful and just wish I felt better.. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what I could do yo ease the discomfort I am having... ANYTHING would be welcome at this point..

ajnsmom responded:
Hi, I'm in the middle of a rip-roaring flare this week also. Do you take a muscle relaxant? You might want to call the doc and see if you can get a prescription for flexeril to get you thru the worst of it and ask how much you can safely take. I pray you will be feeling better very soon!

Linda S.

dollbug responded:
Hello sparkyar, MiMi in NC...I think we all understand just where you are coming from...as most of us have been there done that. You did not say what you have tried or even if you have found anything that makes a difference in your level of pain. I felt like this in the beginning when I hurt so bad that I could NOT do anything at all. It took me a long time to find what would work for me also...but I kept doing trial and error processes on different *tools* until I figured out what would work. You must do the same. As you probably already know, we are all different and what works for me may or may not work for you.

I hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* if you have not already done so...and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure that you will find something that will make a difference. I know that I take vitamins and supplements and do other things as well that has allowed me to *control my FM pain*.

You must learn how to pace, pace and pace even more. This is so very important. I hope you will also speak to your family members and tell them that you need help in doing the housework. If not, then I would only do what I could do and forget the rest. Perhaps eventually they will all finally *get it* and that you can NOT do all of it on your own.

It is not a good thing to continue to *push* yourself, because you are only making your pain worse.

Have you gotten your Vitamin D level checked yet? If not, then I would speak to the doctor on your next visit about getting this done. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. (there are some good links on this site to review-I hope you will check them out)

Getting enough rest is so important for us FMers....and enough sleep as well. You say you have had a headache for several days now. Have you tried taking some magnesium malate? I also use to have a lot of them but now I hardly ever get one. I take the Fibro Response and Magnesium Malate every day, along with Omegas as well. I also take P5P which is a process form of Vitamin B 6 and I also take B 12.

Stress is not good for us FMers either....so do your best to limit as much stress as you possibly can. I know this is tough to do, but it is so very important.

Have you tried the Stopain Spray? It is good stuff on places which just will not ease off.

Take care, hang in there and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz responded:
Sparkyar,

Honey, we've ALL been there. Try to hold on a little while. There are better days coming. It's the nature of fibro. There are good days and bad days.

If your doctor has not seen you in a major flare, she should. Go in with your body clean but no frills. No makeup. Comfortable clothes. A cami instead of a bra. Sweats or a MuMu. Your doc has to see just how bad you get. Luckily, when mine did, I was his first apt. of the day. I was also the last apt of the day. In between, I had a CT, an MRI, blood tests before and after a meal, urine tests, and I don't remember what else. I left the office with my first Rx for the Duragesic pain patch. And they worked. Of course, I was so zonked out that I was unsafe to drive, but then I was in no condition to drive without the meds either.

Talk to your doctor. Your fibro is effecting your life big time. Explain the basics of your life what you can and cannot do. It may take a while, but your doctor will be able to find you a better mix of meds, one that will work for you.

Just hang in there!

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.