Skip to content
TGIF****Roll Call ****10/4/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF***yes....it is Friday again. This week-end is my GD week-end so I am looking forward to seeing her. My son gets her every other week-end and I am sure she looks forward to this as much as we do. It is hard to believe that the day are passing by so fast. We will soon have a new baby next month and I can hardly wait.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I think this is what we all hope for each and every day ...just to get by with as little pain as we possible can.

Welcome to the new members. Each Friday we have what we call *roll call* for those who care to check in and tell us how things are going with you. You can share whatever you care to share with the FMily. Tell us what you have found that has helped you cope better. Perhaps something you have found just might help someone else.

Vitamin D...I continue to remind those of you who have not done so yet to speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well for some people. The best thing is that it is a cheap fix as well. Do your own research about Vitamin D. You just might be surprised at just how much Vitamin D can do.

Take care and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Take the Poll

Have you had your Vitamin D level checked or plan to do so?
  • Yes, I had mine checked and it was low.
  • Yes, I had mine checked and it was normal.
  • No, but I plan to have it checked soon.
  • No, I have not and do not plan to do so.
  • No interest
vote
View Poll Results

missist responded:
TGIF..
Good Morning Mimi and all who follow...
I woke up stiffer than usual, but am doing ok. Did my hot tub stretches and today I will be working on my Etsy stuff til later in the afternoon--then I need to do a quick clean of my guest room & guest bath, as I am having grandkids over for the night.

I also want to take them outside to jump in the leaves, tomorrow maybe.. but I might skip that, depends how I feel later on.

I'm a bit home bound lately, daughter is borrowing my car until hers is fixed. I do not need it as much as she does at the moment.

So I am here, with the dawgs and doing OK. Finally got some of my MRI's scheduled, one more and eeg to go. The insurance has a week I think to OK things or something like that, anyhow they did delay the process for the spine issues, so I'm sure they are also delaying the brain things.

Made the cutest little cake toppers yesterday, they are custom orders, so no two are quite the same. I started to streamline my etsy shop so that I would not do the things that are stressy anymore--like my portrait style work-- I'd rather work on little animal items than do bride's portraits, just too much on my nerves to be 'perfect'. I've decided also to use thinner easier to cut wood--and wow-- they look good! So happy with that. I also put my first little bit of digital art in my shop, just a quick little drawing I did of some kitty's kissing. I wanted to try doing the process so that was good. It is a thing I can do easier as well.

I am realizing that part of my stress problems is demanding more of myself than I ought to and doing things I am not as happy doing to please others. Stress of course is a HUGE enemy if you have fibromyalgia. So I am learning to make choices that I like instead of always choices to please others. Not wanting to be selfish--but just sensible.

Wrote very briefly about my new digital item on my blog, very briefly. http://pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com/2013/10/pokeberry-patchs-first-digital-download.html Hope you all have a good day. God Bless!
Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Just got home from work...DH wants to go workout..and then I need to go to check on mom and dad...get them some dinner and make sure they get to bed ok..I am tired...but glad Dad is doing better..

As I was leaving for work this morning...found we had a dog running around our house...a nice Golden Retriever...we put him in the backyard...got some dog treats from the neighbors..and got him some water..and put out some signs...but now hope we can find the owner..I am sure I have seen this dog around..I think a lady walks with him all the time..but we have places to be and can't be here to get him back to her...hopefully our neighbor will help with this...they put out some notes too..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Friday to all,
I have had a bad week. I have been very tired and in lots of pain. Some nights my pain level was from a 8 to a 10. I felt like someone had stripped my skin off my legs. I know that did not happen. I would wake up crying the pain was so bad. It hurt to shower and let the water run over my legs. Shaving was almost impossible. Luckily this morning I woke up feeling only a little pain. It was so wonderful to not feel pain that I felt like I was on a high! I hoping the pain does not return soon.
My sister is coming over tomorrow. She is recovering from having her breast reject the implants she got after her mastecomy. She is sounding really good. It was very hard on her to loose the implants, kinda like she lost her breast all over again. Her daughter is going to dye her hair tomorrow. It should be a fun day of girl talk and lots of laughter. Plus we are celebrating my oldest great niece's 14th birthday.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Soft hugs to all.
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

bette_kaffitz replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debbie,

It's great that that horrible pain has gone. I borrow and revise a song my mom used to sing to me: "Pain, pain go away. Come again another day." Your pain went away. Hopefully, THAT pain won't come back.

I hope you had a fun-filled, giggly day for your girls' day together. How did your sister's hair turn out? I've had mine every color known to Clairol, L'Oreal, and Tresseme over the years. My favorite was a "Marilyn Monroe blond." But the roots on my naturally dark brown hair were there so soon that I wound up coloring every week or 10 days. Hair turned to straw--no matter how much conditioner I used. It's now it's natural grey--turning whiter all the time--and it looks pretty good but feels better.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. You need this to rejuvenate your body.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.