Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
so tired!
missist posted:
I know that's probably common here. I am just so tired! I took the grandkids this evening and just tucked them in a while ago. I have zero energy, and I guess sometimes I feel a little depressed by that. Nurse called to tell me my heart echo was ok that dr would talk to me about later-- function is ok.

got all my mri stuff & eeg scheduled finaly, some of it tuesday the rest on the 24th.

this exhaustion---I guess if I thought I could just improve diet & exercise and feel better-- it would be different. But I know that doesn't really happen.

Usually I try to be more upbeat, today I'm too pooped.

dollbug responded:
Hello Mary.....just remember this too will pass....tomorrow will be another day and hopefully it will be better than today....perhaps you will wake up and have more energy, at least for a while, so you can enjoy your grandchildren.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

debrabrooks1960 responded:
I understand what you are going through. Some days I can have a good amount of energy. Other days I will be totally drained of energy just walking to the bathroom. I wish I had so good advise that would booster your energy. I am afraid to drink any of those energy drinks. Most times just resting is all I can do. I hope you will feel better tomorrow after a night's rest. Maybe tomorrow you can really enjoy those grandkids.

Good luck,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

missist replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Thanks ladies.
I appreciate someone being here. usually there is nobody I can talk to about it. only someone who has it can understand.

g'nite.

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary, Debbie, and MiMi,

You all know how much I envy you your tiredness after visits from grandkids. You've just reminded me that there is a downside. I know that there would be times I could not handle the responsibility by myself. Of course, hubby would be gone just then.

Is it possible to "bank" extra quiet rest time before the little ones' visit? Are they at an age when you can all get an afternoon nap? Just how do you manage on a really bad day? When they were your own kids, you were younger, and--even with fibro--were better able to handle the constant care.

Son's girlfriend is visiting him for the weekend with her 6 year old daughter. She's a joy to have around. They come for those big dinners I always complain about. Son, hubby, and girlfriend all do a bit to help, but I am ready to lay down long before the dishwasher starts.

Bette

booch007 responded:
Oh Mary....it is a tough one. The energy I find when I am with them is priceless and then the tank is empty when they are gone....

I have to say for my issues I can remedicate and believe it or not, it helps lift me....not sedate me. Pain is a huge energy sapper for me. To get remedicated or the Tramadol is an up..but it is helpful to assist me through the post GC phase. I do nap though.

I have yet to have them over night...it is coming soon though!
I want to do crafts and fairy dust and a Christmas gift that they hand make and present on Christmas.....so I have ideas.
So a late Saturday to a Sunday...with pancakes...and a paick up would be great. I will pace on the Saturday before....

Like Bette said , using the tricks we did when younger to survive a bad day....I think it is all planning ahead for most of what happens to us, for us, around us!

Good luck, I would be more afraid of the DOGS in the house...my son's push me and jump on me and that is awful for my* body.....good luck .

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.