Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****10/5/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is a cool fall like day this morning....we are suppose to have rain headed this way though from Karen, I think is what they are calling the tropical storm.
We are to get some rain tomorrow and Monday and possibly Tuesday. We are going to have temps today in the 80's.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us with little to no pain.

I know there are some of our regular FMers here who are having issues which they are dealing with. I do hope soon that things will get better for each of you and I hope that you can check in and tell us how things are going with you.

So much going on everywhere. It seems like there are lots of issues which need to be addressed. I hope things will indeed get better, but I am certainly not holding my breath on this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I do want to say that this is a good *support group*....and it is NOT a professional site where people can get answers to medical questions. We are people who are challenged with trying to cope with the wrath of the dragon each and every day. We share with others what we have found that has helped us cope better. We reach out to offer what support we can to others who are also having to deal with these medical issues as well.

If you are looking for professional answers, please contact your doctor.

Vitamin D is important. Speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I would also suggest that everyone do their own research on whatever *issues* they might be experiencing....as you are the only one who really knows exactly how you feel.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Saturday in Oct.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
So happy I don't have to rush off somewhere this morning..but I do have so much to do...laundry, errands...need to celebrate my daughter's birthday on Sunday...even though her birthday was a couple of weeks ago...we just haven't had time to get to it..

It is a very windy day here...got those Santa Anna winds a blowing..always makes us nervous...It is fire season here..and these winds can cause problems..

Hope you don't have any problems with the hurricane...man ..weather is crazy isn't it?

Oh yes..wanted to tell you...DH was volunteering at the Thrift shop...and there was a lazy boy recliner for sale...It had been there for quite a few days...and he thought.."I have always wanted one of these..."...so he bought it..and it is WONDERFUL...what he didn't even realize when he got it was that it had a massage and heat elements in it...It is the perfect color (green) for our room...I think we will be fighting over it !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Good MOrning all..( or afternoon)
My grand kids just left and now I have the grand dogs for the weekend. The kids took my jeep so they can go to my son-in-law's dad's house to see if he can fix their jeep--so they took mine to follow the other one and be sur e it makes all the way. not fun. Meanwhile I have the 2 dogs--one of which I am told is a 'house eater' LOL.. so-- they forgot to bring the dog's cages, but I have Mojo's old one, so I put it up-- I"m not sure they will both go in it, it is big enough, but it is a strange cage.
So we shall see..
I got my carpet cleaner back from daugther too--so that's good cuz I really need to clean carpet in the sunroom where it is big mess; worse yet we had a potty mishap in there last night.

I was so wiped out dragged out last night. It was good to come here and have a couple of the ladies just be 'there' you know? I appreciate it.

I decided to not think about it; and although I really had a hard time getting to sleep last night, I do feel less discouraged. I think when fatigue hits hard with this--it is the discouraging aspect of it that is the worst. You just feel like you have been on this treadmill a few hundred too many times. LOL.

Cece-- AWESOME that you got a recliner that does that. I had one a long time ago that I found at a thrift too--it was great. All our furniture is 2nd hand and I really think that's best as we have dogs and grandkids and are not 'fancy folks' so there's no need to spend a fortune on it.

Mimi-- Thank you for being there last night along with Deb. Really helps doesn't it? to know there are folks who 'get you'.

Deb I hop your pain level goes down.

God Bless all, my dogs are napping and I think I need to as well, best to get my daughters dogs in here so they can too. kind of hot out right now. I hope we're getting rain too--less watering for me.
Mary

booch007 responded:
Good morning on Sunday ( a day late...dolar short!)

Not good mornings these past days. I chose major distraction yesterday to help get out of it. I am waking in a straight Jacket right now. So stiff and painful.....thanks God for my meds and the tools I have honed over the years.

Today I decided to come here and say hi to all, despite the deeper than usual place to start the day. I went to bed at 9pm last night and that gave me the 6:30 start...plus Sela (cat) was on the bed nudging me...hungry. .

I can't get through my lists right now, only one or two things and then I am shot. So I am going with the flow and being good.

This week I choked at work....:0. YIKES...yes. Not big enough for a heimlich maneuver...but so close. A crumb from a gluten free cracker got in my "wind pipe" and I was a mess. So spastic I couldn't get air in*...just a squeak. I had a spotter waiting for me to give a heimlich sign...but I was ablet to get it to the top of the windpipe with coughing.

Anyway...IT KILLED ALL my trigger points. I had burning pain down the breasts and arms and my back was full...couldn't touch me. I asked them to get me a hot blanket from the warmer and I used that to curl up. I was a mess....beet red and still coughing then the headache started and my pressure was so high......I ended up going to the massage therapist for 30 minutes and hot packing at home for 30 x 2. Felt better by nightfall.....but I am in trouble. I Have to watch this weekend and week to come. (Walk softly and carry a big stick!)
That big stick is for our dragon!....

Well that is where I am, I saw the baby yesterday....up a pound already. 9lbs! and she is adorable...if I don't say so myself.
New Mom is doing well and so proud of her. Seems quite calm and well read.

Cece, Mimi can attest to it...a recliner is heaven for anyone.And aren't you blest to have the heater and vibration!!

Mary...I am suspicious that they KNEW you would need the floor cleaner after the "boys" were there!!! Funny how kids work? I lost my pack n play to my son (he has no memory of taking it....) G O N E. That's kids.(though dimayed that mine are 33 and 32.....(men). I guess no matter the age they are always kids to us..

Mimi, I know that if it rains for you today it rains for me tomorrow...so thanks for the heads up. Today I have to be in Connecticut for a 1st Birthday...precious. I am going late so it won't be too hard on me. P A C I N G....like you always tell me. I made Nana Cookies again yesterday. Gonna give em out....so good for people and kids.

Have a great week girl and family...............Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.