Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Sunday ****10/6/2013****
    dollbug posted:
    Morning FMily...MiMi in NC where it is cloudy and supposed to rain today....and for the next couple of days. I can already *feel* it. No joke. When there is going to be rain I do NOT feel good at all. I hate feeling like this. DH and I over did it yesterday. Had some clean up work to be done outside. I did NOT do that much either BUT I am now paying for what little I did do. There are times when I hate dealing with this ugly and mean illness. I have always been the kind of person who could do things, all sorts of things and keep on keeping on. Sure, I would get tired but coupd recoup and go again. These days I can not do much of anything any more. I have very little energy and when I try to do much I

    sure pay for trying to do the next few days.

    Perhaps stress has also caused some of this as well. Another court date this month for my DD and her DH. We are now into 8 months of this *mess*. I am wondering IF things are ever going to settle down. I keep telling myself that things could be SO much WORSE....and I know this. I want to *connect all of the dots* here and I want answers. Not sure though that this will ever happen. And in the meantime I live with this saga. I can only hope and pray that it will all work out...and hope there is a solution to it.

    Enough on my soap box.

    Cece...I am sure you will be happy with the recliner. I could not sleep without mine. with heat and massage too. I have tried this out before but never had one with it. I did buy one of the cushions with it though and I know just how good they can be. I eventually cut the cord on it though....which ended it for me.
    You will probably wonder why you waited so long to get one. I looked at the Lazy Boy but Cat Napper is hard to beat. (IMO).

    Nana B...sure hope things will get better for you...glad there were people close when you had the choking spell. Not a good thing. Sometimes things can happen so quick and without any warning.
    I know that when I had issues with the *parathyroid* I had major issues...even water did not help me. The gland had attached itself to my esophagus which caused this along with the coughing I had for at least 6 weeks. I felt the choking feeling and it would not/ did not go away until the surgery was done. Glad that you are ok.

    Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.

    Has anyone heard from Linda? I hope she will post soon and tell us how things are going with her recovery.

    Debra and Mary I hope both of you are feeling better today.

    Cory I hope things are going better for you...missed seeing your posts.

    Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang out here with us for a while and ask questions. We have a good group of FMers who will answer your questions and share what we have found that has made a difference in us dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

    Vitamin important. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked. All I can do is to remind people of just how important this is to a lot of people. You might be quite surprised in how this just might make a BIG difference in the way you feel. Do your own research. You can find some good info right here under *tips* and *resources*.

    Christmas shopping has started for me. I decided to put some big things on layaway and pay for them a little as I can. One of my GS also has a birthday in I have to decide while the selection is good for this as well.

    I can hardly wait until our new baby arrives. My son put together the crib yesterday. He painted the baby's BR and they are trying to get it ready. Next month is closing in on us. This little turkey might come early.

    Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace some more. Your body will thank you.



    missist responded:
    Good Morning, Mimi & all..
    I guess I am in a flare, probably from season changing. Just sore all over. Unfortunate timing--I only got a partial refill of Celebrex last week, they needed to order it. So-- my daughter's car broke down & she has mine and had to go out of town with her family yesterday-- in hopes that her dad-in-law can figure out what is wrong and fix it, she used my car to follow hubby in theirs--so it would make it there.

    I am really hoping they are home by the time the pharmacy closes at Walgreens today cuz I am out of celebrex.

    So glad for my hot tub this morning, I was in there quite a while earlier.

    I don't know why ,but we don't seem to have the same weather as Mimi does--forecasted. We have a 50% rain chance the next day or 2 but not all day. I am hoping to get some of it so my plants will all be watered for me. I watered the ones on my deck here by the sunroom yesterday, I hate getting the hose out and going all around. One of these days we need to get a sprinkler system. (a very backburner project, as we have way too many other ones more pressing)

    Anyhow I have traded my grand kids for my grand dogs, so I currently have 4 dogs here. Grand-dogs are not quite as well behaved as mine, but it is going ok. I shut the doors on every room but the one with the vinyl floor and my big dog seems to keep them in line for me. Not much choice, she cannot take them to her inlaws as they chase the chickens.

    Yesterday I cleaned the carpet in my sunroom after grandkids left, I am pretty sore today--but I was sore before I did it--so I guess it doesn't matter. I am so pleased with the carpet cleaner! It is a Bissel and I got it barely used on Craigslist for $75, it lists around 300. It has been used here and at Daughters multiple times and just does a really nice job. I was kind of starting a bit of fall cleaning , I try to do a litttle all the time so it doesn't get out of hand, cuz I can't tackle a big huge job in a short time.

    When I had kids at home it was a lot harder and I was in so much pain! I used to use a system that is free online called 'fly lady' to organize my chores. I don't need that anymore, Its much easier now.

    Well, I made a huge change in my etsy shop this week, simplified it a lot. Got rid over more than half my listings--I decided to not offer the more difficult stressy ones anymore--at least for a while. Most of what I do is with wood and seems like my hands aren't as happy with that anymore. So I have thinner wood and it is easier to control the saw; also I only have the simpler designs not the portrait work I used to do--I will see how this goes. I think it will be less stressful and less painful.

    I'm thinking of adding some new things--but they would be paper, pdfs or jewelry and probably not custom designs--but rather things I can make as I feel I want to and one of kind things--so I won't necessarily be designing as much to order--which is harder as you need to make what the customer describes rather than what you think of yourself.

    Anyhow I'm trying to de-stress myself and create a more sustainable shop for my needs.

    Living alone most of the time now, I have been able to get a better handle on my life--on figuring out what makes me feel better.

    I also keep conversation going with my hubby via google messenger, 'talk' or whatever it is called. He agrees with my new direction ideas. Sometimes you can have better conversations long distance than when you are always together. Funny.

    Well that's it for me, Hope folks are feeling well and coping with life successfully! Mary
    mnjeepguy responded:
    Good afternoon everyone. Lots going on here but doing ok. I have one night shift left tonight and the first three were as good as they can be. I had plenty to keep the mind busy and pass time, and the mil ran well. I worry about the break downs because on nights I am the only mechanic there to keep it running. On days we have 12.

    My sleep was lacking today. I woke after only 5 hours. Fortunately I slept well the other days so far. Getting enough sleep is the hardest part of nights for me. I get done at 7am tomorrow and have to switch to days for Tuesday, always a fun transition.

    It was not a bad weekend to have to work. We had rain and 30-40mph wind for over 2 days. It has finally calmed down to just cloudy now. I am very greatful it was just rain and not the snow this storm brought others just west of here. I could definitely feel this one as it came through.

    The DW is struggling with college. She was very motivated when she started with her generals in 09. She has had to wait until now to start her radtec program and is has been vey hard for her. She may throw in the towel after the semester is over. I hope not, but it may happen. We had a long talk about it today. If it does I have to sell the new car and regroup. I can keep an old car running myself. It is our biggest expense and we are otherwise nearly debt free. She would try to work part time in town. Her part time job she had 30 miles away does not pay in the end.

    We are both stressed and a bit depressed, but are fairly healthy and well otherwise. The talk today helped us both. I will be on daily again after today. It is a huge help in dealing with my daily struggles. I thank you all for that.

    Wolfsong452 responded:
    just trying get in before the time changes to Mon. morning.

    hope everyone is doing well,

    sleep well, less pain, and enjoy each day as it comes. good or bad.
    fibroinsd responded: is 3 shall I say hello here or wait for Mimi to arise shortly???

    Had a terribly long day...will tell you all about it tomorrow..(today).. hope you get some answers to your saga..and that this too passes quickly..ugh..I feel for you all dealing with this..

    Cory..please give your wife my best wishes..I understand what she is going through...I hope she can hang in there until it is totally clear that this isn't the path for her right now..I tried to go back to get an additional certificate this year..but gave up...and half of me is so glad, as I have so much going on..and half of me thinks I could have held in there and done it and gotten it over...always hard to decide..hopefully she can get through this and move forward..I often try to decide if it is fear that holds me back...or just life interfering..and now isn't the time..

    Nancy...sure hope you are happy to hear the baby is doing ok..

    Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

    Helpful Tips

    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.