Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****10/7/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....it is too early for anyone to be up and about.

Cece....I have been up a while. What on earth are you doing up at 3 am? Perhaps you are like I am and just woke up and could NOT go back to sleep. When I wake up too early I stay quiet and try to get back to sleep...but most of the time I end up just tossing and turning...no matter how tired I am or how hard I try to go back, it does NOT always work. So I eventually just give up and get up.

I am still having major eye allergies...I have to take the pill first thing and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't help me enough. I have no idea why. I do know it is the worse that it has been either way. I make have to break down and go to the eye doctor about it and see if there is anything they can do. Perhaps stress has something to do with them as well....I have no idea.

Sorry that you are not able to sleep....I do hope things will get better for you. Perhaps you can relax in your recliner. I think times are really tough right now for a lot of people. I hope this will get better but I am not holding my breath that it will. So much going on everywhere. And of course, with the computer, we can keep up with a lot more than we use to. I think it is quite interesting just what is revealed for people to see.
Not sure that this is a good thing either.

Ok...here is hoping things get better for us all. Gotta have hope.

I did want to add that my DD and DS said that *Gravity* is a really good movie. They went this week-end and contributed to the cause. Boy, movies are *expensive*. $50 for 4 and $30 for snacks. I don't do movies and if I did, then I would have to stop. I can not even believe how much they cost. I will get the DVD when it becomes available though. I like both Sandra Bullock and George.

Welcome to the new members. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang in here and learn all you can from what others have found that has improved their life with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take a trial and error process though for each of us to figure out the *just right combination* of what might improve the way we feel. Only you will know when you have found this.

Vitamin D....again I am reminding those of you who have not already gotten this checked just how important it is to a lot of people these days. I still do not understand just why the insurance companies have NOT included the test in the *normal blood work that the doctors do these days. Perhaps it will be soon.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. You body will thank you for this.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi and all..

You are right, times are tough right now.
I woke up just sore all over and tired. Had the granddogs after the grand kids; they went home this morning and I got my jeep back. yay!

Ran out of celebrex, but now i have it-- phew!

I know its the change of seasons. There's always that time when the weather just really oppresses folks I think. Fall is nice but just the way it goes back and forth-- makes things more sore & stiff.

Well I ran a lot of my errands today so I think I can just hit the recliner and relax. I have a few more errands tomorrow but also mri's of my pelvis & lumbar spine. Hopefully there is a reason for my leg problems that they can fix. I know there's always the chance it will turn out to be 'just fibromyalgia' or 'myofascial pain syndrome' but-- I think that I'll at least get some physical therapy for it.

The brain tests aren't til the 24th. Funny how these are faster.

Well I took my orchids out of the bathroom today and pruned them all. I bought a piece of cedar wood to mount them on. I'm going to cut it in pieces first. I'm glad I did this cuz I discovered some problems with one of them when I lifted the moss off its roots. When they are out of their pots and mounted on the board I'll be able to spot issues a lot easier. I want to put them in the sunroom for winter on the wall spaces between the windows. I think next spring then they can go out on the porch near my hot tub.

These are all hospital plants--as in I took them in to doctor them up. Got 4 off the clearance racks at Lowes and home depot the other one was my daughters and it was done blooming so she didn't want it. I love a challenge with plants. It is so much easier too for me to tend indoor plants than outdoor.

we're getting some good soaking rain today on and off, which means I don't need to water this week! Hubby has a 3 day weekend coming, so he'll be home thursday and work from home friday, then have 3 days here. Im hoping he will use one day or so to work on the yard at our other house. It badly needs help. Its a wooded lot so we never got around to putting a real backyard in and now that my grandkids are there I'd sure like them to have a little play area.

Well, I am headed for a nice nap, I can listen to the lovely rain hitting the lake as I rest. God bless all!
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary, MiMi, and All,

The rain got us here in W NY, too. It started on Friday night and came back Saturday and Sunday nights too. It must know when the weather forcast is coming on, because it did a number on our DISH reception in time for each evening's weather portion of the news.

Today we took our younger son back to his group home in Rochester. Every time we pried ourselves out of the minivan, hubby and I moaned and groaned. Took son to bank and then to an early lunch and finally to his home.

We are so lucky that we live in NY where there are GOOD programs for those who are mentally ill. You hear such sad tales about these people who were on waiting lists for care when they (or their illness) decided to go out and shoot a bunch of innocent people. Luckily, our son is only interested in hurting himself when his "bad thoughts" get too insistent. Anyway, it is such a blessing to know that our son has 24/7 staff supervision in his house and a program where he has group therapy M-Th.

Hope you all are able to overcome the damp, rainy fall weather and enjoy your day. No matter what the "experts" say, I know my fibro is worth on these changing days of fall every year.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I am charging up for round 2. I got home and cleaned up, had coffee with the wife then a while later I took a good 2 hr nap on the couch with the critters.

The sun finally came out after several dreary days here. It felt really warm for 65. I was hoping to get a walk in and did not, but I was able to fix some gremlins on the old truck I bought this summer. It was just solving some little rattles and squeaks, so light work.

My DW spoke to her student advisor today. It gave her some clarity on her options if she stays or quits her program. I think she will likely bow out, but I fully support her even if she does. Her life has changed since starting. Her back gave out and she had surgery. That changed her whole scope for work. We will work it out either way.

Mimi, what do you take for your eyes? I have found that any non-drowsy formula has not worked for me when they are severe. Only the Benadryl has been consistent. It can also help you sleep and is non habit forming. I use the generic Target brand and it is cheap.

Mary, I hope your MRI gives you answers. Enjoy your time with your hubby.

Bette, metal illness is so misunderstood. It seems that if those who suffer can just get the help and support they need, they can have the wonderful happy lives they deserve, averting tragedy.

I am doing well. Tired, sore, but in good spirits today with switch back to being a daywalker and seeing the sun.

Take care everyone, have a great night.

Cory

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
So sorry to hear of your son's problem Bette, I will add him to my prayers. It is good he has care like that.
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Thank you all, especially Cory and Mary.

Our younger son has always been different. He kept me awake nights for his first year and after. He was labeled as "hyperactive," then "emotionally disturbed," then "minimally retarded", and finally mentally ill at 17. He's been in and out of psych wards ever since then. He's 41 now, living in the city of Rochester, NY 100 miles north of our farm. It's what he always wanted. He revels in the freedom he gets with his bus pass. He volunteers at the zoo, visits 2 great music stores, and is working himself back up to his own efficiency apartment in a brand new complex owned by his housing's organization. He is so lucky. For someone with severe mental illness--another chronic condition--he leads a full and active life. I bless the State of New York every day.

Bette

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Sounds nice Bette, so glad he has good help. He's on my prayer list. Mary

missfinesse responded:
Hello I'm Trinity and I see u are an early or all night texter. Hmmm I wonder if its pain my dear fibro friend. Lol well I would like to say nice to meet ya

meg_k replied to missfinesse's response:
Bette,Wishing you the best with your son. He is lucky to have his loving family involved.

MiMi, I have tried OTC eye drops for this issue. Opcon or Naphcon. Seems to help. Or, have you looked into it possibly being dry eyes?

As Cory said, it was beautiful here yesterday. Back to dreary today. I was able to go to yoga on Saturday AND hike yesterday in the great fall weather. So, thanks for your prayers. They must have helped.

Happy Manic Monday, everyone!

Soft hugs and best wishes, Meg K from MN

bette_kaffitz replied to meg_k's response:
Meg,

Last summer when my son had his last episode, he had the modern version of shock therapy while he was in the hospital. It sounds scary, but it is not. And he seems to be better able to manage his life since this treatment. Of course, he is on all kinds of antidepressants and antipsychotics, too.

During our most recent visit, he volunteered to help hubby and older son get firewood in. He cleaned our house for me. He just wanted to do these things. No one expected this from him. No one asked him to do them.

This is the first time that he has ever shown any sign of understanding that others have wants or needs. He's always been immersed in his own world and unaware of the rest of the universe. This is a big change. I was so pleased with his new attitude.

I don't know that we are all that loving. We just do the best we can dealing with someone who was often a trial, but always my huggable teddy bear.

Bette

meg_k replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette, part of my job involves working with people living with severe, persistent mental illness. Many, many have no family involvement at all because everyone has burned out over the years. Sometimes part of loving is simply staying in someone's life when that's difficult to do.

I'm glad your son has had some success with ECT -- shock therapy. It's not what people think it is, is it? It's a very humane and useful treatment. Here's hoping the change in his approach is a sign of more good things to come.

Take care, Meg K

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.