Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi - I am new too
An_253903 posted:
It is so nice to see a group of people who know what I have! I sound excited because I am. I was diagnosed and put on disability because of the severity of fibro 5 years ago and I am so lonely. I hope to get to know some of you - I surely can relate to rating the pain with a number. Yesterday I really felt like throwing in the towel - but my DH and my sister urged me on - I know they try to understand it, but I truly don't think even my doctors understand it, so thank you all for being here - my DH says he likes it when I have my sparkle back - today I forced myself to get up with him and be positive before he went to work - I have had what feels like the flu and the pain has been a number somewhere out of this world - I am sorry for sounding blue - I am a person who always wears a smile but hurts constantly - so I feel like nobody understands what is wrong with me. Thank you for being here tonight. Your posts have warmed my heart.

J from Wisconsin

youch2102 responded:
This is still me - didn't realize my user name wouldn't show up - so I am posting again so you will know who I am when you see me again. Sorry - new to all this. Have a good as you can night all.
J from Wisconsin

dollbug responded:
Hello J and welcome...MiMi in NC. Sorry that you are dealing with so much right now. We, FMers, here do understand what you are dealing with though. I am sure you will find some good *tools* here that perhaps you have not thought of trying. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure to review the *member toolbox* as I am sure you will find to be helpful.

Actually I do not think anyone who does not have to deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM, every day can understand what we face each and every day and just how it can affect our lives.

It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools which might help you cope better. We have some good people here who have shared what they have found that has made a difference in their pain level and hopefully you will do the same. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more has helped me a lot. Taking a hot shower at night right before going to sleep using lavender bath salts helps my body to relax so that I can sleep better is a good thing for me. Using Stopain Spray (found at walmart) is also good stuff to use on places that just refuse to quit hurting.

Drinking plenty of water every day and watching my diet is also important. Keeping myself on a schedule of sorts is also important.

I take vitamins and supplements to control my FM pain. I know this might sound unreal, as my doctor still does not believe this. I am still trying to find something though that will help my with my energy level, as I deal with chronic fatigue every day. This is actually worse than the pain that I have now. It took me a long time to figure out what would help me but with the trial and error process, a lot of research, I was able to figure out just what my body needs to cope better.

I hope you will post often, ask questions and know that we are here to help you anyway we can. We do understand and I think you will soon find something that will help you cope even better than you have been.

I would also encourage you to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked if you have not already done this. Low Vitamin D in people can cause additional pain sometimes and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

franr responded:
Dear J

Welcome to our fibro group.They members here are so knowdgeable and comforting. So you have found the right place to vent.You said you are lonely but you are not alone. People today know more about our illness than you can imagine. Actually I had blood drawn yesterday ,started talking and the teck also had fibro. So there are many people out there. Call the local hospital and see if there is a support group for fibro patients. Google fibro in your area and see what comes up. Do something for yourself .You deserve it. Get your nails and hair done. Take a long hot bath with scented candles around you. A good attitude is part of the battle. Please kep us
updated. Hugs....Fran R

meg_k replied to franr's response:
Welcome J...we are all with you!! Even though you are a cheesehead . Tee hee. Sorry, couldn't resist.

The people in this web community are really smart about what helps Fibro, and it has helped me tremendously in the few short weeks I've been here.

Our family members often try to help but are at a loss for what to do. Finding a sympathetic therapist has helped me, and also of course the folks here who all understand.

Best of luck to you and share any tips you've discovered, too.

Meg_K from MN

missfinesse responded:
Wow reading this made me have a sparkle with a lil bit of nausea. Lol been feelin icky all day n night. My bf says really I understand, I do. And inside my brain of servere pain I laugh and say to myself. No he don't, he hasn't a clue. Lol smh.
But on the other hand it is nice to socialize with ppl similar. I explain it as charly horses all over ur body even ur finger to ur toes n ppl are like wow really and I sayy now imagine having thar pain which gets worse by the min or hr or day just hits hits huts n now u can't walk or have any strength to even lift ur neck up. But to us they still can't understand. I say we are very strong willed cause most ppl I think would throw in the towel, even ourselves like u said. Many many times I had to pik myself up crying saying get up or go under choose...smh
Anywats wish there were ways we can communicate btrr. Like fb that would be good if u ever wanted to find me its theresa missfinesse bradford hope to here from a fibro friend n get some laughs;)

youch2102 replied to missfinesse's response:
Thanks to all of you - feel better already and not so alone - yes I am a cheese head! I am a strong willed individual myself and it was very humiliating to give up my job and become a stay at home wife - and then to be so fatigued and some days in so much pain I don't even get my dishes done (no dishwasher here) or to just vacuum or dust - I scold myself quite a bit. I have a very bad back with cages along with the fibro so sometimes I am not sure where the pain is coming from, but I am always so fatigued. My cats love to curl up with me and that is my downfall for sure - cause they are so snuggly - and they draw no judgment. Thank you all of you for your welcomes - I look forward to learning and talking with each of you. Very gentle hugs.

J from Wisconsin

bette_kaffitz replied to youch2102's response:
Oh, J,

Every now and then things just seem to pile up and make your fibro seem much worse. That is what is happening to you now.

First of all, you miss your job. It's hard to leave co-workers, hard to lose that feeling of independence you get from having your own paycheck, hard to leave a job you loved. Many of us here--including me--had to leave positions we truly loved because our fibro would no longer let us do our jobs. We understand your feeling of loss. With time, this may get better. If it does not, you will have to find a way to fill your time and your life that brings meaning back to it.

Second of all, most of us are dealing with day after day of rain and overcast skies. That would make anyone feel blue.

Third on our list, even "good housewives" need help doing some things. Those of us with fibromyalgia should do whatever it takes to get SOME ONE ELSE to do the vacuuming. Vacuuming is one of those repetitive motion chores that is a major pain for many of us. My hubby does ours now. He moans and groans, but he does it. I have found that if I open the door under my kitchen sink and put one foot on the cabinet's floor, it eases the strain on my back. I go from one foot up to the other foot up and back to both feet on the floor.

You may just have to lower your standards of housekeeping. As long as your food is clean and safe, no one is going to die if there are a few cobwebs in your corners. What you DON'T do may save you a flare up.

And, as always, get that bath or shower every morning and every night. It's amazing how much of a difference that makes. Your muscles will thank you.

Bette

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
No picking on Cheeseheads.. some of us may be in South Carolina, but we never left our Packers behind.
Mary

youch2102 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
I love this site - you all inspire me Thank you Bette - you are vey right. This week I went on a search for a house keeper that I could afford. She was 10 dollars an hour and in two hours she did more than I had in so long - she got my cobwebs and she got at dust I couldn't reach and she made even my baseboards sparkle. It took some cobwebs out of my head too I think! It reminded me of how I used to clean when I was healthy. But you know, I figured she cost as much as a doctors appointment and she was so very worth it. I will remember the bath or shower - with winter coming to us northerners, the bath is sounding very nice! Thank you all for your kind suggetions. Mary - so glad you love the Packers! Hope you are having a better week. Now this week to decide on my medicare advantage plan - oh joy - I hate this decision as I live rurally so my choices are not so grand - oh well - will do my research

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Welcome J... I agree with you that so many could never understand what is happening inside us.... My grace.... I don't understand what is going on... And I am living through it just as you are...

For years we live like this and still struggle to find answers.... But one thing I don't struggle to find anymore is understanding, love, and compassion... I have found all that here...

These wonderful people saved my life and daily give me reason to live and love... Please keep coming here for I know you too will find the hope and joy I have found even on the most miserable of my days and nights...

Welcome to our wonderful family... So sorry to have to meet like this but it is a wonderful way to make new friends....

And being a football lover and being very partial to Greenbay... Of course next to my favorites... Dallas lol... I enjoy a great season watching several wonderful talents.... I wish you luck this season....

take care... take a break and do something special just for you... makes you smile... reminds you that you are special...

Love... Jan/Dakota

bette_kaffitz replied to youch2102's response:
Youch,

We are lucky enough to still get our Medicare plans through my hubby's former employer. We have a lot of choices--theoretically. In actuality, there is only one plan that will cover both our county and our son's at his group home.

Luckily, the plan is better than most for our current needs. It covers all the many meds that the three of us are on, and there is no "donut" period for our coverage. This is especially important for our son with all of his mental health meds. Many of them are even more expensive than my husband's pain, arthritis, blood pressure, diabetes, and AFib meds. They have each already taken over $10,000 in part D medications this year.

Aren't we lucky to live in a time when we can have the choice of insurance plan to make? I wonder what happened to people in the past when they had to cover all these costs on their own. Luckily many of us here do not have to find out. I worry for those who do. It is a disgrace that this is possible in our great nation at this time.

Bette

youch2102 replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Thank you I used to live in South Dakota What you said was very sweet and true

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.