Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF*****Roll Call *****10/11/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
TGIF***MiMi in NC...I had a rough day yesterday...was really sick about all day...went out to eat and it did not agree with me at all. Not a good thing for the mind or the body. I ended up going to sleep early last night and I did sleep all night...thank goodness for that.

It is a fall like day this morning. It has been really cooler than normal. I am hoping we do not have an early winter this year.

My GS is having surgery today on his mouth. I hope this goes well for him. Little children do not understand things like this and it can be really hard on them. He is a trooper though so hopefully he will do just fine.

For the new members who have joined our FM support group...each Friday we have roll call...and we hope each of you will check in and update everyone on how you are doing and whatever you care to share with us. I know sometimes it is hard for some people to post every day so Friday is a good time to let us know how you are doing. I also hope the new members will post often, ask questions and share whatever you have tried and things you have found that has helped you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. You never know what might help someone else.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

I am still struggling with eye allergies...it seems to get worse each year. I do not quite understand this...since I did not use to have to deal with anything like it.

Vitamin D...just want to include this for those of you who have not gotten it checked yet. Talk to your doctor about getting it done on your next trip. You might be quite surprised, if your Vitamin D level is low, how much your pain level just might improve, when you get it back within the normal range. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Friday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF everyone. I do hope that your day is going well and that you are not dealing with fibro pain or issues.

Thank you all for your prayers and concern for me while I was in the hospital in the SFV a few weeks ago. It was not a happy time for me as I had to deal with Diverticulitis and the loss of over 60% of my body's water weight in less than 48 hours.. not a good thing. But they took good care of me and for me stable and able to fly home and my doctor here gave me the okay to eat normal thing yesterday.. so lessons learned and I'm feeling good. Yay that.

MiMi, sorry you had a bad night and that your allergies are still bothering you. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the food you ate and hope that your eye problems ease up with the advance into Fall where leaves and grasses are less.
I know how hard dental work is on little ones. But so many dentists today are doing so much to make that easy on the small children.

As for Fall it's not showing it's self here yet. Will be warn way into next week with highs well into the 80's. And I'm happy for that. Even the leaves are holding back turning colors and we still have tress full of leaves. Yay that! I have begun to put out Halloween themed things, so am getting into the holidays that are fast approaching. But am not willing to give up any thing summer if I don't have to... yet.

DH and, I have, grudgingly, have been getting things in place for the colder days coming but have we have yet to take the cover off the chimney and get it open or take the smaller AC out of the TV room window. It's been such a mild summer here that we didn't turn it on but a few times. But out it comes to get ready for the winter. DH is going to get a fire place heater for that room and that will be nice. Like the AC it too will come and go with the seasons. But we're getting to those things that must be done such as new filters on the vents, etc, and have things ready when they will be needed. Hopefully later than sooner and if things follow as they have the past few years it will get cold here around the second week of November. No yay that.

I'm feeling pretty good now, can eat normal foods again and have the energy to do pretty much everything. Feeling good is a very good thing. So DH and I got errands done yesterday. Got to Whole Foods yesterday and then to Vitamin World because WF was out of my favorite brand of probiotics. Then I went to my eye exam bc my left eye has been 'fogging up' up on me. Well unlucky me, seems that a film, pretty normal for cataract lenses, has grown onto my left implant lens and I have to have it zipped off in a 5 minute laser procedure on the 24TH. UGH. Life sure isn't simple when my body doesn't help.

DH is coming home with GS #2 so he can spend the weekend. Nice. He's such a sweetheart and I do love him so. Thought about a movie tomorrow w/ him or shopping. He's fun to be with cause anything I think up he's game to try or do. Sweet.

Aside from that my today and tomorrow is pretty well set with nice things and I do so hope that each of you have nice plans for you weekend.

Gentle <<< HUGS >>> to all .. Have a good day everyone.
Linda R

meg_k replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi, all.

MiMi and Linda, have wonderful times with your GS's and sorry for all the health ups and downs! Everything is harder to deal with when you have a baseline of pain, isn't it?

I have been having bad pain this week, and someone (MiMi, Bette?) posted "there is something going on with you" or words to that effect. Which was great, bc it got me paying attention.

Then, Weds night, I slept soooo well and woke with only "rating level 2" pain = present but better than normal. I realized the previous days that week I had been back to my pattern of light/nonrestful sleep that I had terribly at the beginning of all this Fibro mess. It was amazing...one good night's sleep and a noticeable reduction in pain.

It was a good reminder to me, if you are not sleeping well, TAKE SOMETHING so you can, and don't feel guilt about it. Getting good sleep = less pain!

On a happier notes, I have decided I MUST go hiking this weekend. Cory and I have real fall weather on the horizon here in MN (i.e., not in the 70s anymore) so I want to get out in nature before it's too cold and the snow flies.

Please PRAY for me that I have enough energy to do yoga Saturday morning and hike sometime during the rest of the weekend. I feel I need this nature nourishment in a bad way.

Thanks, all. Happy, healthy weekend!
Meg

mnjeepguy responded:
Good late evening everyone, a short post before bed. I had an easy work day as hoped. I had to have some crane training at work. This took from start until 11, and all OT. I was shot from the previous schedule so this was nice. I was able to go home after the class.

Tomorrow I am taking a Jeep trail ride with my oldest son in a very scenic part of northern MN. The location has been open for years, but not officially for public use, so I cannot disclose it. It is the last year it will be open, so the last time we go there. Sad, but even though some use it responsibly. I will take pictures and try to post some.

I felt good today until I had to drive to the city 23 miles away. Just after getting going I was hit extremely hard with total body pain. It scared the crap out of me how fast it came on. I knew a front was coming in. I really should not have been driving, but the wife did not want to. I pushed through, and had a snack and an energy drink to wake me from it. Although not the best choice, it helped. It was a rough afternoon.

I went to the bank to extend a loan for the wife to get out of school without penalty. I went smooth as silk, and we are all set for her to get out. It is what she wants so I will help.

In all I am in a good mood. I desperately needed to get away this weekend to clear my head, bringing my oldest will help. He is very kind and an old soul. Good company right now.

Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Late for TGIF--but Hi all, Iknow its Saturday. Although earlier this week I did get the date messed up and missed seeing my eye dr . oops.

we have grandkids this morning, they slept over and we took them out for pizza. they are playing in my sunroom now andd just had b-fast and are watching sponge bob.

We were all up a bit earlier than I would have picked. LOL.

I've been having those weird episodes at night the past few nights. More and more I think it is a type of migraine--but dunno. I guess the neuro will decide. She must not think it is deadly I guess from how long I'm waiting for the mri & eeg.

thing with these things, I do get a bit of a headache--not much--just enough to be noticeable. I guess folks with fibro are used to pain so what's one more? I don't like that it makes me more foggy and more fatigued.

So we are slowly preparing for first frost--which could be anytime now. Hubby & I are negotiating what to do with the outdoor plants that won't make it outside. Where do they go? Some need bigger pots and they're in 'this is gonna cost some $' size range. All options are on the table. I think alot of them will go in my shop downstairs as with the grandkids I can't keep too much in my sun room. I put the orchids all but one, on the wall this week. They are mounted on cedar with some twine & moss--it looks pretty nice on the wall. They hang upside down like they do in jungles. :)Only one is in bloom so I left that one in a pot for the time being.

Well tha's about it for me. Have great weekends folks!
Mary

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, sorry that you had such a experience while driving.. believe this or not I had the same kind of thing happen to me 2 months ago, but mine was a Migraine and I was going 70 miles a hour in auto pilot, 20 miles from home when it came out of the blue and I got really scared.I so know how you feel

I did get home, I did get to the meds for the migraine but was sick for 18 hours.Tough to make it thru unless you have to just get thru it. I'm glad the day went well with getting the financing and that your wife will be able to get out of school early. I so understand that too.

The ride with your son sounds lovely. I know you had a great time.. these times when it's just us with our children are the best.

Gentle Hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Thanks Linda, is does scare me. I need to figure out how to deal with it. I am lucky I do not drive more than a few miles most days.

Cory

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

Are there less-traveled ways for you to drive to or from work? When I was still working, I found a very rural route. This meant that there were no stops at the store for groceries on my way home, but it also helped me GET home on bad days.

If the fog is really bad, you might try pulling over and waiting for a few minutes for it to clear. In this day of cell phones, it is also possible to call for someone to come and get you. Anything is better than getting in a wreck.

Pain and fatigue are bad parts of fibro, but when you are in a fog, you aren't really you. It's the pits.

Bette

mnjeepguy replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Thanks for the reply Bette. I take a route through town that is very easy and short to get across town to work. It is a straight shot of about 1.5 miles, easy. The problem is usually on weekend outings. I am rarely alone for it but the DW gets sick of driving the whole week and just won't drive. If alone I would pull over if possible and rest for a bit.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.