Skip to content
New to this group
jofay posted:
I just signed up today and wanted to say hello to you all. I've had fibro for over 27 years. Feeling pretty depressed and in need of support. Anyway, just want to say hello and get to know you all.

Take the Poll

Is anyone else here new?
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Yes
vote
View Poll Results

booch007 responded:
Welcome Jofay,

My name is Nancy and I welcome you. So glad you found this unique group. This is the toughest thing to deal with eachday right? It is like living GROUND HOG DAY* as I say. You stretch, loosen up, lower you pain issues with your meds and then go to bed and have to start all over again!! Ha! (well not funny . It is challenging.

I have had this Over 13 years I guess. I am using triggerpoint injections to survive and increase my function. I am really not FMS as I posted prior to this. I am TrP syndrome in the MPS. These two are intertwined. Literature states if you have FMS you also have MPS. But if you have MPS you don't necessarily have FMS.

Did that confuse you?

I really take a doctors side on this confusing issue we live with. The unseen issues....the trust they have to have in us to express it riight. I saw 9 doctors before I was diagnosed correct. So glad I found the champion physician I needed.

This is the first big hurdle for most and you have been on this path quite a while so you know this. I hope we are able to help you with the issues you deal with.

We tend to make our lives small as you don't know the day you will have to commit to going out, or walking a mall with friends to shop. So many things had to change to get a window of wellness for me. I am OK in this small world, it is what my body gives me.

Hope you have good tools to work with. If you need more ideas, look in the toolbox under resources to the right. Others will come behind me to hug you and welcome you to the fmily.

Looks like a few more are new today. So you are not alone.

Welcome and stay and post. This is a great place to hang you hat!

Hugs, Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello jofay and welcome....MiMi in NC...I am sure you will find lots of good info here and perhaps some good tools which might help you to cope better. I am also sure that you can share with us FMers what you do that has helped you cope better too. You had been dealing with this wrath of the dragon, aka FM for a very long time.

I hope you have had your Vitamin D level checked. If not, then I hope you will speak to your doctor on your next visit to have this done. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I do hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*....as there are some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of before.

I am one of the oldie goldies here and I know that I have learned a lot from this group of supporters...we have all sorts of people on board...some retired, some still working and some of us just trying to figure out what might help us cope better. It is indeed a challenge each and every day facing the wrath of the dragon. I have learned how to cope better with vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well...such as using a heating pad or Stopain Spray...(found at walmart for just under $10.-it is good stuff to use) doing gentle exercises or stretches each day and keeping a schedule of sorts...and also learning how ot pace, pace and pace even more, no matter what you need to do.

It does take time to figure out the right combination of tools which might help improve or ease your pain for a while. Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts is a good way to relax right before going to sleep at night. Drinking plenty of water each day is also a must for me.

I hope you will post often and hang out with us. I am sure you will find lots of good info and good support as well.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.