Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****10/12/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC where it is a fall like morning...cool but dry for now. We are almost to the middle of another month. Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and hopefully I will soon meet my new grandbaby...due around turkey day. My GS did well with his mouth surgery yesterday. I am so glad that this is over with for him. Don't quite understand why they have so many issues with their teeth. Both of my sons did not have any cavities until they were grown and married...in their mid 20's. My daughter though had all sorts of issues with hers.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Cory, I hope you and your son will have a good trip today. I hope the weather is nice and that you have a safe trip as well. I hope you will share some pictures with us.

Linda, so good to have you back. I hope you are improving each and every day.

Here is hoping everyone who is facing any sort of difficulties in their life right now...I sure hope things will get better soon for each of you. I know that I am stressed again and I hope things get better with this as well. Stress can cause all sorts of issues with us, FMers, who have a lot to deal with each day as it is, without adding anything else to it.

So much going on around the country. I truly hope things will soon get back to normal with it as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*...where you will find some good *tools* to try that just might make a difference for you. We all have to figure out a way to learn to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon* as Nana B says. It is a challenge but we can surely find ways that will help us each and every day.

Vitamin D...again as I always do...I want to remind those of you who have not gotten your Vitamin D level checked to remember to speak to your doctor on your next visit. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all for now. Enjoy your week-end and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will surely thank you for doing this.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and Fmily,

Quick note......doing well right now. Pain is low and meds are working well. I have a list to do these days and it seems I will not have Monday off anymore. I have always said "PAIN is a great motivator...."

If I leave management and go back to clinical I will have more pain. Clinical was 4 days and Management is 5 days . Depressed over this, but in so much less pain......so as motivation leads...I will be the Nurse Manager for the Medical Group as apposed to the Supervisor of Nursing in my areas.

More responsibility but less physical. I WILL MISS MY PATIENTS. No doubt about it . But for me at this age and fighting this condition....this is priceless right now.

Everything comes to he who waits. I was told that a long time ago. So, I am in a good place right now.

(I think I wrote to you guys of my choking incident in the office. That action created all ACTIVE TRIGGERPOINTS in my back and chest and it took 5 days of agressive tools to get out of that. What an awful experience in so many ways....May NO ONE here ever choke! )

OK, off to laundry and a beautiful fall day..Mimi good luck with that baby (isn't it funny how we are having our GB's at the same time?...) Emily is 3 1/2 weeks now and doing well. Over 9lbs and being a good girl....

Went to see Maddy and Olivia and it was suprise...oh the yelling ...Nana, Nana...and hugs. GOOD MEDICINE. I stayed a few hours and it was fun. They are fresh air for sure.

Fmily, enjoy this day. get distracted away from the pain we have. Warm up...stretch and try and get out. Push away this dragon as he tries to bite you. Fight it and oh **just stab him in the eye*** right! Go for it , get out and get up....

Good saturday to all......Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Nancy and to all those who will follow. I do hope your Saturday is going well.. no fibro issues or pain to deal with.

It's going to be a lake day here. A great day to take a boat out on a lake and relax. I wish we had our boat now. DH got rid of ours years ago because it never got used. Now, if we had it, it would and on a day like today. With warm, clear skies and high 80 something. I'm gonna miss this kind of day come winter.

GS is busy working football magic with Madden's 2025 Xbox game. I don't see the thrill of it but he is going strong. He's gotten all the Madden Xbox games that have come out and he sure knows his way around um. He's such a joy to me.. love him beyond beyond words.

Plan to get him up outta the recliner at some point to go out. Maybe to a movie or the mall, but right now he's glued to the TV playing ' football ' .

MiMi, so glad you GS came thru the dental surgery A OK. It's so hard for little one to undergo things like surgery. Also, thank you so much for the well wishes. It's good to be back and feeling better. UGH so sick for sooo long.. Not going back there again if I can help it and I intend to eat good foods and nothing with seeds. Also has your grand baby arrived already? Been gone for such a while that I missed the joyous news?

Nancy, seems like going your change in jobs, but from what you posted it seems being the Nurse Manager for the medical group is the way to go. More days, more responsibility, yet less pain. Glad you are enjoying that new grand baby.. babies bring such happiness. If I haven't already posted Congratulations on her arrival.. let me so do now.

Ok will close this here with well wishes for all and to each of you here's wishing you a wonderful day.
Gentle hugs, Linda

booch007 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda thank you for the hug. Welcome home. Being in the hospital is never a good thing. Glad you are back...and YES stay back.

Trying to do all the thngs good for you is a hope, not always able to maintain. BUT try and remember what the results are if you break the rules.....hugs from me....Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.