Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****10/13/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Happy Sunday to each of you...MiMi in NC where it is misting raining again today...we had it yesterday as well...just off and on, nothing major. So I guess it is going to do the same today, or so it looks like it right now. My furbabies do not like the rain as they have to go out whether they like it or not. It is 61* right now...so at least it is NOT cold.

Today being the 13th....well, at least it is not Friday.
This month is moving right along...we are already almost to the middle of the month. Halloween will soon be here and gone and Thanksgiving right behind it.

For those who do not know...we are expecting our 4th GC around Thanksgiving. So I am really looking forward to this. My GS is now 4 and he is going to be a *big brother*. I just hope he will be ok with this. He is a bit spoiled...has had all of the attention now for 4 years so I hope this will be a good thing for him. He is a smart little boy...and I think he will be a big help to his parents. I am excited. I have 1 GD and 2 GS. My son has the little girl, who is now 9. My daughter's son is 7. So I have them several ages.
They are good children and I am very proud of them.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will find some good information here. Be sure and check out the *tips* and *resources* and also review the *member toolbox*...where you will find a various of good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. The mission here for me is to make sure all new members are aware of Vitamin D and just how important it is to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Be sure and speak to your doctor about having your D level checked. The best part about this is it is a cheap fix, but can take a while to get your levels within the *normal range* and keep it there, which is important.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and mind will thank you for doing so.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all having a good day. Jonathan and I had a great trip yesterday. We drove about 110 miles to our destination only to find the trails are no longer open to the public. So we did some exploring in the area and decided to go to our usual park, 40 miles from there. Then from the park home is about 65.

In all we logged over 250 miles. Thankfully, the old Jeep Grand Cherokee is quite comfortable. Toward the end of our trail ride I broke a front axle u-joint. It's not a huge deal but made for a trail repair of about 25 minutes. I just removed the broken parts and we headed home. We had a great day. Here are a couple highlights:

I was a little worried about highway driving. I sometimes have a hard time. The day before I felt so out of it that I did not feel safe behind the wheel. I was very fatigued and sore with a front passing through. I'm not sure what it going on, but I wish I could avoid that feeling. At lease I was alright for our adventure.

Today I had to make use of the good weather and tinker. I had to adjust the headlamps I just put in the truck. The old ones were very yellowed and new ones were cheap. Tonight I have to do the fine tuning. I also fixed the Jeep with the spare parts I had in the shed. This took a while and beat me up pretty good. I am resting for a bit and watching the Vikings fail miserably. I am no sports fan but turn it on now and again.

Mimi, I am sure the GS will be a great big brother after the adjustment period. Ours are 3 years apart, 4 should be a nice age gap between them. It seems to help with jealousy.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..

Beyond exhausted...describes me this afternoon..been going over to mom and dad's all week after work..fix dinner..make sure they are in bed..then home..

It has been "up" and "down"....yesterday, Dad didn't seem totally clear...today I arrived at 9 am to fix breakfast..and he was up and dressed...We had breakfast..had time to rest..and then went to 11:30 church..home for some snacks..and now I have about an hour before we need to take dinner over there..

yup...exhausted....I have hired someone that will start in about a week, to come over..fix dinner and get them to bed..hopefully, that will be a break for me..

Cory..the pics are awesome...I can almost smell the fresh air..glad it worked out..except for the axle..glad you are handy and can fix it..

Mimi..congrats on the upcoming new grand..I am very jealous..wish I had a couple !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Boy, Cory,

You look like you're going up the worst part of a logging trail we have on our hill. And it is just a hill. They call our area "The Foothills of the Alleghenies." The area you were in looks really wild. It's good you were in a group. That way if one of the vehicles really broke down, you'd have a way out and home.

That not-with-it feeling. I've been there more than once. Sometimes I think it is from medications, but I'm not really taking anything but my blood pressure medication now. You were smart not to drive in that condition. I think this is the scariest part of fibro. Not being able to think clearly makes you feel like you are a stranger in your own body more than any of the other symptoms.

It's great that you and your son got to have this "male" time together. I'm sure he loved every minute of your adventure.

Bette

bette_kaffitz replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece,

Caring for your parents is physically exhausting. I'm sure that you are also worried about them and their future. Sometimes that is even worse than the physical drain. I know that the last 6 months of my mom's illness caused the major ramp-up of my fibro that led to my not being able to continue working. (I had to cram work into time slots so I could be free to drive 300 miles every other Wednesday and back home on Sunday. But I am still glad I had that time with her.)

Do what you have to do. I hope your parents' helper works out and is able to free you up to be a welcome visitor and not the drudge slave who is tired and cranky from overwork.

And try to take that "dys" out of dysfunctional--at least most of the time.

Bette

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece, I am so sorry that your days are exhausting you. I know your have so much on your plate.

I hope that this new helper will take some of the demand off you and what your have to do physically to help your parents. And for a good long while I hope. But I worry about how long you can take Up and Down days, along with your own life's demands.

Please back away from some of it when ever possible and give yourself a ' free ' YOU day when it becomes too much. I wish there were more hands and hearts there to help you help your mom and dad. If I were near by I sure would.

<<<<< HUGS >>>>> DF, Linda

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.