Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
twitching body jumps
missfinesse posted:
I am now having twitching and servere violent jumos while sleeping that literally causes me anxiety. It feels like someone shook me very hard cause I couldn't awaken. Wat is this and should I be concerned. The twitches tend to happen on my foot, butt, shoulders in chest.

missist responded:
Hi, I have some twitching too & numbness--
It could be something like restless leg syndrome which does go with fibro often. However I am getting it checked out, seeing a neurologist. If I were you I'd see if anything else is happening and call your doctor about it--as it could be completely fine-- but there are possibilities that it also could be something you need to treat.

Mary

franr responded:
Hi Miss Finesse
Yes it could be restless leg syndrome/And there are medication to help with this. Or your blood labs maybe off. Sometimes when potassium is low you can experience muscle spasms which cause your muscles to jump. I experience this this past winter. Please check with your MD. There is also supplements he can order to help with these symptoms.Good luck and let us know how it goes...Fran R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.