Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****10/15/2013
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a nice day, with sunshine...Yes, I am so glad to see the sun again. Hopefully it will dry out and we will not have any rain for a few days. Dampness does not agree with my body at all. I feel so much better when the sun is shining. It is 54* here right now and will reach around 70*- Nice weather.

I did sleep ok last night...and I woke up late this morning...actually I woke up early but did not get up. I have no idea what time it was or why I woke up. I was able to drift back off to sleep. When I woke up to get up my back was in pain. It was time to take my P5P...and is sure does make a difference when I don't take it when it is due.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am glad that you have found this site and I hope each of you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*...you will surely find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. You should also remember though that we are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. You have to figure out what is working for you. Do a trial and error process and you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to do, unless, of course, it is making you sicker than you have been. It does take time and effort for anything to get to the full potential of what things are supposed to do.

Vitamin D....again I want to add that our Vitamin D level is indeed very important...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Speak to your doctor about getting this done on your next visit.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day and remember to pace, pace and pace some more. Your body and your mind will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi and to all that will follow. I hope your today is going well and that you will not be dealing with fibro issues or pain today.

it's going to be a cool, dreary, Fall day here. Rain for sure at some points and rain again tomorrow. It's been so nice here for so long I hate to see it end with dark clouds and rain. UGH.

I MiMi, so glad you got a good, longer, night's sleep! I got up early today, no reason, just did. And I couldn't get myself to drift back to sleep so I got up. Like you I just hate being up early when I should be sleeping. Thought I'd toss this in about eye allergies. I talked to my eye doctor last week about my dry, itchy eye problem. He told me I keep forgetting I have Rosacea in my eyes. Yep I do forget that small eye sticking point and it bothers my eyes just as allergies would bother others. No cure for me with that so I just have to deal with it as if it were allergies but use a suave when my eyes get dry and itchy not eye drops. It's always something.

Have plans to have lunch with BFF and maybe Goodwill for some Halloween costume idea for her GC. ( Mine are already outfitted for the scary night as sweet little creatures. My GS who was with me last weekend said He's not going out this year so I am taking him a bag of candy as my donation for the 31ST, ) After that home again. Have medial appointments tomorrow for the neck and again Friday with an appointment with the neurologist and the short follow up. The shot has done just what he said it would and TGFT!! The meds to stop a migraine before it happens not so much. and I don't want to take it. We may agree to disagree on that. I do hope he sends me for my neck and shoulder treatments and I know they are helping.

Am so far behind with all my family here that I will go back and address to in older posts instead of trying to post on them here.

Will close this here sending <<< HUGS >>> to all and wish each of you a nice, sunny, rain and pain free day.
Gentle Hugs, Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Tuesday to all, Beautiful day today! We had a cool breeze blowing today. it sure made walking so much nicer and easier. I have to walk about a half of mile to get in and out of the prison. During the hot summer it is very hard on me to walk in the heat. So today was a blessing. I even sat outside with my dogs and let them run and play. I think it may get even prettier this weekend! My sister maybe looking at having surgery number 4 on her breast. Her right breast is turning red again. She also found a large hard lump in it. She has had so much trouble since her mastectomy. I have felt great the last two days. I always seem to fell good on cool days. I hope everyone has a good week. Soft hugs to all,

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

dollbug replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hello Debbie.....sorry to hear that your sister is having issues again....she has really been through a lot. Thoughts and prayers are with you both. I hope she can find relief soon and I hope her recovery will be short.

It was a nice day here in NC as well. No rain for a change...not even any mist. I had to do a couple of errands but I did not mind getting out since it was so nice.

I wanted to ask you about something. (I think it was you) Did you mention one time about having to give a dog something to cut its nails (or maybe it was a friend of yours)....Do you know what dogs can take to calm them down some? I am having issues with CoCo...he refuses to let me even look at his nails and they are getting too long. I have to do something and I hate knowing he will have to be put to sleep in order for someone to cut them.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Debbie, I am so sorry to hear your sister is having medical issues again. Had hoped with the surgeries she's had that any issues with her breast would be done and behind her. Keep us posted and know that I am keeping you and her in my prayers. <<< HUGS>>> Linda R

debrabrooks1960 replied to dollbug's response:
Dear MiMi,
I did mention about my dog going crazy when we try to cut her hair or toenails. I was going to ask the vet what I could give her but I was sick that day and could not take her. So my ex-husband took her and forgot to ask. I know people give meds to their dogs before they travel to help them relax. But I do not know if the vet gives them or if they are over the counter. I will find out and let you know. My dog will hide if she see's me get the scissors out. I dread doing anything to her. It takes two people and we are wore out fighting with her within minutes. If I take her to the groomers at my vet's office they put her to sleep to cut her hair and nails. It cost $170.00. I can not afford to that now. Good luck with CoCo and I will let you know if I can find oout anything.

Debbie

debrabrooks1960 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Dear Linda and Mimi,

My sister went to the doctor today. He put her on a new antibiotic and said leave it in God's hands for two weeks and then come back. He did take out the stitches today and that has taken some of her pain away. She is very relieved that she is not having to have surgery yet. The doctor thinks she will get better with this new antibiotic. Thanks for your prayers. I told her about this community and how wonderful everyone in here is. She was so touched by all the kindness everyone has shown here. I feel so lucky to be a part of it.

Thanks again,
Debbie

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.