Skip to content
Pain in hips and front of thighs.
An_253969 posted:
Hello, I came across this forum and everybody seems incrediably helpful. I am just curious to see if anybody has experiences pain in their hips and legs. It is not sciatic pain but more like a burning ache that starts in my hips, then spreads to my butt and down the front of my thighs. The left side is worse, however I feel it on both sides. It primarily affects me in the morning, especially when the weather is cold, although I have had episodes that will last through the day. I use my TENS unit as well as a heating pad but that doesnt always work.

Thanks for reading and look forward to any responses.

missist responded:
Hi An..
Yes-- I have that-- my worse side is on the right. Its very tight muscles so they feel like a 'burn'.
I stretch them constantly. I do my best stretching in my hot tub--where I can move more easily. they are like steel bands. I feel it under side of thighs too.

I think it is myo fascial pain maybe--but spine dr ordered mri for it--so we'll see what that says. I have had this over a year now.

Mary

Anon_2912 responded:
Yes, however, my aches/pains are due to side effects from my thyroid medication.

meg_k replied to Anon_2912's response:
Yes, I have this. My worst pain is my right hip -- there are actually FM tender points in this zone..interesting. My piriformis muscle is the most painful, but I have pain in all my glutes and down my IT band and sometimes both sides of legs. I can feel trigger points everywhere. I believe my problem starts in an sacroiliac joint that constantly goes out of joint. Google stretches for the muscles that are hurting and I agree with Mary's suggestion...if it's worse in cold then kill it with heat! Also...I know it seems weird, but a reputable massage office will do massage in this area. I make my DH do it nightly, but he is not a professional so I do have to have the trigger points released by a professional occasionally.

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome...MiMi in NC. I have to ask you...have you had your Vitamin D level checked yet? When I first got sick I also had hip problems....I ended up getting injections in both hips....which solved my problems there. The doctor said I had bursitis. Nothing helped me no matter what I tried. The PA who did my injections said that mine were so bad they had calcified. She said she knew this since when she did the injections, it bubbled up. She told me that they were both really bad. I know that since then I have NOT had any more problems like I did.

I hope that you will soon find some sort of relief....as I know exactly just how much pain this can be.

I also hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure you will find some good *tools* which perhaps you have not thought of trying. Perhaps soaking in Epsom salts might help, if you can. You might also try the stopain spray....which is good stuff. You can find it at walmart for just under $10.

Propping your hips with pillows might help and putting pillows under your legs as well. Actually this is how I rest....in my recliner. I have had to sleep in it since 2005....not by choice though.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

jillwimmersbloom replied to dollbug's response:
I havent had my vitamin d levels checked lately but I got for the fun yearly checkup for women on Friday so Ill ask my doctor about it. I was told I had bursitis in my left hip last year. It just seems strange that it really only bothers me when the temperatures drop.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.