Skip to content
Hump Day *****yes, it is*****10/16/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Happy Hump Day to everyone. It is a late one for me. I would up off and on all night long. Don't know exactly why either. But it was a really longgggggg night. I ended up finally getting some sleep this early morning around 6. I guess it is better late than never. My DD and her DH has a court date coming up on Monday. Perhaps I am thinking about this somehow. I have no idea. The attorneys called to say that she is going to be tried on the charges that this ex officer has made against her. There is something *corrupt* about this entire issue. The man had already talked to her attorneys and told them that he wanted to *drop* the charges....but it seems like the prosecutor decided not to do that. Something else must indeed be going on. I have no idea.

You know being *bullied* is talked about a lot these days and I think this is what is taking place with my DD. It is the system though who is doing it to her. Interesting just how innocent people can get caught up in the system and she did nothing except tried to defend her rights. I am not sure that anyone in this country has any rights any longer....or so it seems. There is a lot of corruption and cover up. So many innocent people are affected.

I know there is absolutely nothing else I can do I have reached out to our lawmakers-that is all I can do-and no one seems to care. I guess things like this have to actually happen to people before anyone understands it. Enough on my soap box today. Thoughts and prayers will be accepted at this time and a big thank you in advance for this.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

The sun is shining here but they say that rain is on the way again. And it is going to get cooler. I guess it is time for this kind of weather though.

I still have some beautiful blooms on 3 of my plants this year.
I have such good luck with them. I moved them closer to the deck and fixed it so they would not be in a draft area. Perhaps this has helped and they get the early sun also.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find the *right combination of tools* which will make a difference in how you feel. It does take time and effort so hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that works for them. We are all different though and what works for one may or may not work for another. Only you will know when you have found something that works for you.

Hot showers using lavender bath salts is a good thing to do right before bedtime. This helps to relax the body so that you can rest better. I did NOT do this last night, but I should have.

Vitamins and supplements has been a lifesaver for me. I have found what works for me. And with a little tweaking every now and then I seem to be able to keep my pain level low. I also use my good friend, the heating pad and Stopain spray as well. Moving is a must for me and keep some sort of schedule of sorts is also important. Drinking plenty of water and doing some gentle stretches and/or exercises also helps keep my muscles from getting stiff.

Vitamin D....so very important for a lot of people. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more....(another important thing to do) your body and your mind will surely thank you for doing so.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Happy HUMP day to all. I do hope that your day is going well and that you are not dealing with fibro issues or pain.

It's over cast here with the sun coming out from behind dark rain clouds every now and then. It rained earlier and will rain later today, but now it's just sort of cloudy. It is going to rain again tomorrow, they say, and it is OH SO MUCH cooler 60's. Shades of Fall for sure. I'm SOOO Not ready for it. Will have to take wind breaker with me today when I go out for my PT.

The PT seems to be working some magic with my neck, shoulder, thumb and hands issues. So am happy for that. For the most part the PT is just something their throwing on the wall and hope sticks cause they can't find a reason for the neck, shoulder and hand issues. The migraines either for that matter. They ruled out bone issues and are trying to relax the mussels and using the blocking shots, their thinking is that by doing that the migraines, soreness, stiffness and pain will wane away. Fingers crossed.

MiMi, it's just so unfair what's going on with your DD and SIL. I'd like to say there should be a law against it but in the court symptom there in NC I'd wonder if it would do any good seeing how unfair what's going on now. I just don't see how a DA could try this case seeing the person, the ex cop, doesn't want to go ahead with it. But on the bright side, perhaps, just perhaps this case will bring out how this ex cop has been making these false claims against your DD and SIL and it will get him brought up on charges of stalking and harassment. Maybe? Again, just so unfair. I'll keep you and them in my prayers.

DH is prepping this afternoon for his early morning colonoscopy tomorrow. He really hates to take the OTC prep meds and drink all that Gatorade. His dinner tonight is clear chicken broth, jello and more Gatorade. Ugg I'm sure glad mine is 2 1/2 years off.

Okay, will close this here and get my day going. My best to all. Have a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

jillwimmersbloom responded:
Happy Hump Day,

Mimi, Im not sure what is going on with your DD but I will keep you in my prayers that everything works out.

missist replied to jillwimmersbloom's response:
been praying for you & daughter Mimi.
Well I'm having a bit of stress--trying to not think about too.
yesterday my dog bit the dog next door through the fence. Something I knew was going to happen as they all rush the fence and bark at each other. So neighbor is erecting a new barrier filling in the spaces on the picket fence with more wood.

Went to take my grandkids to story time--and forgot to have a car seat for the youngest. so I went and got one after story time so that would never happen again. He was so cute all ready to go this morning and he's too young to understand.

broke my gramma heart.

Final fun for the day I got a ticket on the bridge that comes to our house--and I KNOW its a speed trap-- I've warned other folks about it and I always slow down as I know they do this. So-- I missed one. And they got me. LOL

Thankfully though the cop did reduce it so its not as bad as it could be. Still more than I earned this week though.

Ah well.

Tomorrow is another day; actually tonight is a different half a day too.
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary,

You just don't know how to look at the officer and say, "Oh, I am so sorry. I thought I was going slowly enough, but, of course I must have gone over the limit. I am so sorry, Officer."

That's what I did on the 3 times when I probably should have got a ticket. Three times in 53 years of driving isn't so bad. But I know I was in the wrong all three times.

I'm so glad you got that car seat. Those little ones are so precious. And no one wants to miss story hour. My boys loved that--even my holy terror.

Hope both dogs have no problems from their fight and that the extra work on the fence does the trick.

Bette

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi,

Is there no end to this injustice? Has your daughter TALKED to the D.A.? You'd think that a public servant would be more open to the truth, wouldn't you. I hope that this horrible nightmare ends soon, and that your daughter can prevail. This is just so unfair.

Please try to follow your own advice and PACE. You need to take care of yourself. If you don't, you'll be no help to your daughter or anyone else.

Bette

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Mimi, I am so sorry for all your daughter and family has had to go through. Someday God will get this man. I am hoping it will happen here on Earth first, but it seems like luck is on this man's side for now. I am praying hard that someone with a brain will see what is going on and give justice to where it belongs. It just does not seem fair that an ex-cop could act so poorly.

Linda, I am glad the PT is helping. I missed you while you were in the hospital. I was praying for you. I am glad to see you are gback with us. I feel bad for your husband. The prep for a colonscopy is a lot worse than the procedure.

Mary, I am sorry to hear about your ticket. I was scared a few days ago that I was getting one. I had a police car follow me for 15 minutes. I don't know why I get so nervous if a police car is following me. Luckily he finally passed me.

I have been feeling good lately. I had a stomach virus for 3 days last week. I thought I was going to die for a little while. I lost 10 pounds in 2 days! Sadly once I started eating and drinking again I gained most of it back. Luckily since the virus I have felt great. We have actually had beautiful weather here. It actually feels like Fall here. Today was a little warm, but we are going to cool back down again this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Soft hugs to all.
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.