Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF*****Roll Call *****10/18/2013
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****can you believe it is Friday again? Yes...this month is also passing by quickly. It will soon be time for Halloween and then Nov will be here. I am getting excited to meet the next little member of our family.

MiMi in NC...and it is a cool fall like day here. I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I think this is what we all look forward to. A good day.

Welcome to the new members who have joined recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find the right combination of *tools* that will make a difference in how you feel. It does take time and effort to find it so hang in here with us and be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*. We have a good support system here and people who will answer questions about what they have found that has made a difference in how they cope each and every day with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research on line and find out just how important Vitamin D is

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF MiMi and to all that will follow. I hope you have a great day with no fibro issues or pain. Not always possible but wish it for each and everyone of you.

It's foggy this a.m. Not sure why as yesterday was over cast with patchy rain. Not hot or humid. But Oh Well it will clear out and warm up but not a lot. All those warm summer days are gone now it's just a down hill slide to 60's and 50's then 40 and 30's for day time highs. Sigh

I noticed yesterday that more of the tress here have leaves that are yellow or orange. Even saw two with red leaves. Lots of leaves on the ground too. Not sure how this has happened as the temps here just haven't been cold enough to turn leaves colors. Oh well I guess I am just going to have to accept it Fall and get over hoping for summer to still be here. Again, Sigh

Not a lot going on with my day. Two appointments this afternoon.. one for the PT and the other to recheck with my Neurologist. Am hoping I get to keep on with the PT and he will need to send a script over to the PT office so I can do that. My current one ends on the 31ST. I am sure it's all helping so fingers crossed he re scripts the PT for another month.

MiMi, I know you are so ready to hold this new little GC in your arms. I can't wait to hear the news that your little one is there.

Not much to post about. DH's colonoscopy was good. No polyps so he's good to go for another 5 years. I hear so often of people my age who haven't even had one. I've gotten one every 5 years for the past 20 years just to prevent getting the bad news that I have colon cancer. So when I hear this I just want to say " Are you nuts? A Colonoscopy can save your life! " Everyone should have one done at least every five years. Colon Cancer kills, colonoscopies save lives.

I should close this here with wishes to all that you have a good day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda,

You are so right about the colonoscopy. I know my mom died from multiple myeloma, but the end of her life was so much worse because she also had colon cancer. Her bowels became impacted to the point where we had to go in with double-gloved hands and remove the stool. All the laxatives, and all the suppositories, and all the enemas in the world could not help her.

You better believe I started having my colonoscopies right then. I made my husband go too. I'm working on my sons now that they are in their 40's. It is downright stupid to die from something that can be PREVENTED--or removed in such an early stage that no permanent damage is done.

I see my dermatologist every year, too. And he sees me. All of me, not just my face. Skin is skin. Cancer is cancer. I do not want any of that nasty stuff growing on any part of my body.

And, let's face it, your doc has seen it all. This is no time for modesty. An exam may make you feel awkward for 5 minutes. Dead is a little longer. Same thing for a prostate exam for men or a pap test or mammogram for women. Get it done. Walk out of the office with a lighter step knowing you have at least one less worry. (Or, if something is found, that you can have the problem taken care of--and THEN have that lighter step.)

Here we are, moaning and groaning about our pain and our fatigue. Believe me, cancer pain is worse. Cancer's fatigue is worse. So is a cancer death--especially a preventable one.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.