Skip to content
Saturday *****10/19/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...where it is damp again. I can actually feel it in my bones this morning...perhaps this is the reason I woke up so very early...don't even know what time it was...I was finally able to drift back off to sleep but it took a long time. When I woke up the 2nd time I had to get up...I am still tired though. Not a good thing.

I went to my DIL baby shower yesterday. They gave it to her where she works. It was really nice and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. We gave them a baby monitor with 2 cameras. They had one but they want to keep tabs on 2 bedrooms now. My son built my GS a bed...a bunk bed but it only has the top bunk right now. He has a play area underneath for his toys. I was worried about him waking up and perhaps falling out of bed but he has done fine with it. My son fixed steps with a landing place in them. He is a smart little boy and I hope he will be ok when the baby arrives. I am sure he will be a big help as well...perhaps trying to do more than he should be. But as with anything I am sure this will be an adjustment for him. Good thing is he is in preschool and will continue, going every day for half a day.

I am getting really excited especially after she had the shower yesterday. The baby got so many cute clothes as well. I got the baby a Thanksgiving and Christmas outfit to wear. I told my DIL that if the baby is not here by Thanksgiving, then I will take the outfit back. I hope the baby arrives on time but her first was a week late...so I guess we will see.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. We have to do a few errands this morning so I hope I can rest some later.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find the right combination of tools that will make a difference for you.

Vitamin D...be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* as well...and review the *member toolbox* as I am sure you will find some good *tools* there that perhaps you have not thought of trying.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is one of the best tools that I have found. Not overdoing or pushing myself, especially when I have other things that I need to do. Most of the time though I have to pick and choose what I will try to accomplish. The chronic fatigue is actually worse than the pain since I have learned how to *control the FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well.

Everything in dealing with the wrath of the dragon is a process and each of us, FMers, must find what works for us. We have to remember also that what works for one person may or may not do the same for us.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
a quick hello...things continue busy...but ok here...just want to let you all know I am thinking of you...hopefully, I will get caught up a bit soon...we have someone starting monday to come in and fix dinner for mom and dad..

Mimi..I will be thinking of and praying for your DD..hope Monday goes well..and this fellow that is causing the trouble gets what is coming to him..

meanwhile..hope all of you are as well as can be...saw an article on fb that one group has found a pathway of fibro...ah..I can't explain it well...I will try and find the link..but you know how these article are..who knows who the source is.but this did sound good..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

fibroinsd replied to fibroinsd's response:
hopefully thihttp://c.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-psychology/2013/oct/17/fibromyalgia-solved-pathology-not-mind/s link will work.

fibroinsd replied to fibroinsd's response:
well...that didn't work too well..

i will try again.

http://c.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-psychology/2013/oct/17/fibromyalgia-solved-pathology-not-mind/

jillwimmersbloom replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello from the keystone state,

Its cold and rainy today. I'm trying to find the strength to do something more than lay in bed with my heating pad and electric blanket.

Things are going okay here. Work has been extremely slow so I have some financial stress ( iI work for tips and my fiancee owns the business so rough times affect both of us) . I am also in school and its the time of the semester where professors seem to pile on the work so iI am trying to figure that out too. On a happier note, for the first time in over two weeks, nobody in my family is sick.

Tthat's about all that's going on with me right now. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion as to whether I stay in bed or clean the kitchen before iI have to go to work.

As usual, please excuse any typos or double words. I am writing this on my phone and my keyboard gets bipolar at times.

bette_kaffitz replied to jillwimmersbloom's response:
Jill,

I was 37 when I started college. I did not have a job other than being a farmwife and mother. Let me tell you about something that happened in my junior year.

I had earned my associates degree in chemical technology and switched to a 4 year university to complete my B.A. in biology and to get my teaching credentials. Every Friday, I had a 1 credit course called Senior Seminar. At first, the profs presented their own personal research work. Then the students would do this for the rest of the semester. I figured I would volunteer to be first and get it over with.

Well the date of my seminar turned out to be the last day of the half term. I had midterm exams in my 8, 9, 10, and 11 o'clock classes and then the seminar to present. I survived. I got B's rather than the A's I would have wanted.

And I had fibro. There were some pretty bad days and nights.
There were also some wonderful experiences. Do your best.
Do what absolutely has to get done in the house. Catch up on good days. Goof off--just a little--on bad days. And keep that heating pad handy.

Bette

booch007 responded:
Good Sunday on a Saturday post.

Just stopping in to share the window of my space.

Fall is showing up soon the trees have turned and the full moon was amazing this week (Holloween would be excited!) BUT the weather is still so warm. They say the turn is this week....good I need the re-charge.

Well at work all is official...I am the Clinical Supervisor and on Friday I proved my worth. Two emergencies in the office and I was back in my ICU skills. So I do think there will be a place for me in this role.

I saw our CEO and got my raise....$$$ good stuff( I have been on high all weekend) He also backed it up to July (as that is our Academic New Year in Medicine). I am in a great place.

I do have to work the 5 days a week and will lose some of my chat time here I think. With only 2 days to accomplish all I need to and rest, it will be hard.

I promise to stop by now and again. I will never forget this group and what it gave me. So many laughs and knowing I can survive this, that I chose to follow the NIKE crowd and "just do it!"......push through the pain as it wont hurt you....it actually helps it. That heat is our friend and when questions or a wall hit me....they were here to help with ideas and a hug.

So I won't go far, it will just be hard. Maybe I will set the alarm to get up early to check in on the posts! Ha! Can you imagine..

So I will say I am better today than I was when I came in the door of this group. So many open arms and hugs, joking with me about the crap we deal with.. Truly warmed my heart forever..........

Mimi, so excited too for the next GB....I am having a ball. We went out to celebrate the promotion/raise last night and girls were hysterical at the restaurant. Picture of one in each of my ears telling me a secret. To them a secret is "#$%^&&*#$%". And you turn and say "what?" and they giggle like it was silliest thing in the world! Too funny and such good medicine.

OK, a good Sunday to all,

Nancy B

bette_kaffitz replied to booch007's response:
Nancy,

How wonderful that all the long hours and hard work have paid off in some bigger bucks in the pay envelope for you. Well, Ms. Clinical Supervisor, you better find time to stop in here at least every now and then. You are such an integral part of the site and a wonderful person to boot.

No wonder you are on a high. Hope this high brings you some natural endorphins to help you deal with your 5 day a week schedule. They are better than any store-bought meds.

That ICU experience is something that will be needed on the job just when you least expect it. Things like that keep you sharp and at your professional best. They also keep you from being bored on the job. Here's hoping that this is not a daily experience, but just enough to let you realize you are NOT wasting all that training by changing your venue. And that the stress level is just enough to make the job interesting, but not high enough to ramp up your dance with our own personal dragon.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.