Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****10/20/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC where it is really a very cool fall morning...and even more cooler weather is expected from a cold front in Canada. Well, I guess we can expect this kind of weather. We are headed to the last part of Oct...with Nov right in front of us. It is going to be a nice day today with a high of mid 60's today and nice weather for a few days. I am glad that it will be dry again for a few days. Damp does not do my body any good at all.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us as well, with little to no pain.

Not much going on here. My DD and her DH will have their court day Wednesday...I thought it was Monday. Thanks to each of you for the thoughts and prayers. I sure hope there will soon be an end to this. I think this is why my stress level has been higher than I want it to be. Not much either I can do to *control* it as well. It has just been a wait and see thing.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better.

Vitamin D. Again I have to mention this. There are still people who have no idea just how important Vitamin D can be. It is funny as I continue to mention this on other sites as well and people seem to question as to why I even bring it up. I think anyone who is in any sort of pain need to know about just how important it is. The rest is left up to them. This is such an easy and cheap fix to help with the level of pain and to also possibly prevent some other illness from beginning. Hopefully we will never know just what was missed by taking it... It pays to be pro active in so many things. Prevention can be a good thing for us all.

That's all for now. Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will thank you.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is downright cold here this morning. I woke to heavy frost and 32 degrees. It has warmed up to 36 now and wee are going to bundle up for a walk before the rain starts this afternoon. It has been a nice fall but soon the ground will freeze and snow will start to stick. We have snow in the forecast the rest of the week.

I try to come here every day. I have been busy, but thing are going well. My DW has been on the hunt for a job close to home. Her job in the next town is still available, but it cost $200 a month just to drive there. A job close to home would be nice. Here nerves have calmed now with school done, and so had everyone else's. Our house is calm.

I have been in moderately high pain for a long time now. I am trying to manage it will a minimal level of medication. I only take Gabapentin and have recently gone up to 200mg three times a day. 100 was not cutting it anymore. It has given very few side effects so I don't mind this med. I hope I can get to a level of pain soon that is more manageable. I am realistic, I no I won't likely ever be pain free, but I have to work, have to function. One good thing is that with momma working again soon, I can get back to massages again. This will help me a lot.

So life goes on here. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on all of you. I hope you are doing well today. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday MiMi and Cory. I hope that everyone's day is a good one. I also hope that your day does not include dealing with fibro issues or pain. Both of which I am dealing with today.

Cory it is cooler here today and is going to be cooler yet as the week goes on and cold air comes down from Canada. Trees here are changing color too and we've had a fog the past two the mornings that could rival the ones in London! I mean you couldn't see your hand in front of your face foggy. If TN ' old school ' nature weather predictors are right the # of fogs, rings on the woolly worms and spider webs predict the snows here. If so,OMG we're in for it if this keeps up. Some yesterday two mean were talking about the fog yesterday morning and one said they counted 6 rings on a wooly worm and with the 2 bad fogs we had, now add today and means 6 bad snow storms and at least two ice storms. OH PLEASE let me have beach time in LA this winter, Please.

DH is home and that means Sunday football fun day.. I plan to meet up with DD and GC today and have some quality Nana - Grandma time. Have candy for them and some Halloween stickers. Hope to take them to Sweet CeCe's for yogurt sundaes and maybe to the toy store for a toy each. Hope DH decides to tag but when he does on football days he stays glued to the radio or TV so it's like he's still and home and frankly he's not much fun.

Took down my Dodger car flag yesterday. My boys in blue BLEW it big time. I dunno what happened they have been the best this whole season and to see them let it all go here at the end. I am depressed.

Also feeling a bit depressed because of the fibro issues that have had me feeing in pain and discomfort the past week. Feet hurt sooo bad. Bones ache and I can't take any more D3 cause I've got so much built up. Can't take B12 either. Have Advil to help some but not so much and my eyes are acting up. Have to have laser surgery on my left eye's cataract contact Thursday. A 5 minute thing but UGH hate the thought of doing it. Wished I felt better and wished I had something to help take the edge off the pain and achiness I'm dealing with. But on the high side I'm up and I'm moving so that for me is a very good thing.

MiMi, I hope that all goes well for your DD and SIL Wednesday. I hope that ex cop get his royally! I am sure this is why he doesn't want to go to court because he knows this is going to come back on him and he's the one who's going to be paying and going to jail and I hope he does both!

Cory feel better quickly. I know you enjoyed your morning walk. I know it's pretty there now.

Will close this here, DH is up so I've gotta get moving..
Have a good day everyone.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
LINDA,

I think our wooly caterpillars agree. They are all over and full of hair. On one trip to the mailbox, I saw 3 in just about 100 feet.
Let's hope all the seers are wrong.

CORY,

We had a similar experience when I took a job that was a horrible mismatch for me. I stuck it out for 1 month. My hubby and I agreed that we had survived with his paycheck and could do it again. The next month, I started researching colleges in the area. What a difference. There's a right time and a right place for each of us. Your wife was not in her time or place. I hope she can accept that and not feel any silly sense of failure. Learning about your limitations is an important part of finding a happy life. Strive to do your best at all times, but be proud and happy in that best.

MiMi,

Like Cory, we are expecting some snow this week. Brrr. You probably won't experience this for another month, lucky you.
Hubby spent much of today getting his corn chopper in shape. It's hard working with old equipment bought cheap at auctions. Luckily both hubby and older son are good with machinery. Now we can pray for a harvest with a good yield and no injuries. One dark November day, hubby went to throw an ear of corn back onto the husking bed (where the dry husk should have been removed from the ear) and got his right hand into the picker. He spent the next 6 months in surgery and therapy. Luckily, he is a lefty. But it has limited his fine motor skills for the past 30 years. Farming is more dangerous than firefighting. (Ask insurance companies.)

Hope all goes well at court on Wednesday. This has been an albatross around your family's neck for entirely too long. It would be great if that disgrace to the badge he once wore was finally exposed as the vindictive psychopath he is.

Have a great week everyone!

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.